This mocha coffee syrup recipe is so delicious you won’t be able to get enough of it! This simple recipe combines the beautiful pairing of chocolate and coffee flavors into one unique homemade syrup that can be used in all ways that regular chocolate syrup can. If you’re a coffee lover and are obsessed with the flavor of strong coffee, then you have to give this a try!
This is the Best Mocha Coffee Syrup Recipe
This mocha coffee syrup stands out from other syrups because of its premium ingredients that ensure a superior taste and rich flavor.
The combination of both high-quality coffee grounds and cocoa powder delivers a robust and full-bodied flavor profile that is head and shoulders above the rest. With the inclusion of a few other key ingredients, this coffee mocha chocolate syrup is sure to become your new go-to.
Ingredients for this Mocha Coffee Syrup Recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this mocha syrup recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Water: Water is used to help liquefy the syrup so it’s not too thick.
- Granulated Sugar: The sugar and water heated together create the simple syrup that is the base.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: We add pure and unsweetened cocoa powder for the decadent chocolate flavor.
- Strong Brewed Coffee or Shots of Espresso: Either one is fine. You could also use instant coffee, cold brew, or whatever form of coffee you’d like.
- Vanilla Extract: As with all chocolate-flavored treats, vanilla flavor is used to enhance the flavor of the chocolate itself.
- Salt: Just a pinch is all you need to elevate the sweetness and overall flavor of the syrup.
How to Make This Mocha Coffee Syrup Recipe
This is how you can make the homemade mocha syrup recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions!
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, coffee, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved, and the cocoa is fully mixed with the other ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat. Let it simmer while stirring frequently.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Allow the mocha syrup to cool to room temperature. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- If you want a smoother syrup, you can strain it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any undissolved cocoa particles.
- Once the mocha syrup has cooled, transfer it to a mason jar or squeeze bottle for convenient and easy application.
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- It’s a better version of your favorite homemade chocolate coffee sauce!
- This syrup is the best condiment to put on countless dishes and has dozens of uses.
- Skip a trip to your favorite Starbucks or local coffee shop and make a delicious homemade mocha latte in the comfort of your own home.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
What Can I Use This Mocha Coffee Syrup For?
- Make an Iced Mocha or Caffè Mocha: The best part about this syrup is that it can be enjoyed year-round to make chocolate-flavored coffee drinks no matter if you’re craving a hot latte or iced coffee.
- Make a Hot Chocolate: This enhanced homemade chocolate syrup recipe pairs great with warmed whole milk, oat milk, or almond milk. Use chocolate milk for a double chocolate flavor. Use coconut milk to make a unique coconut mocha hot chocolate!
- Instead of Maple Syrup: Use this syrup on your pancakes or waffles in the morning for an elevated breakfast experience. This is particularly good for coffee chocolate lovers!
- Fudge Sundaes: A drizzle of this syrup is the perfect topping to a heaping scoop of ice cream.
- You can make a White Mocha Sauce by using white cocoa powder instead of dark cocoa powder.
- Make a Peppermint Mocha Syrup by adding in a little peppermint extract.
Is the Mocha Coffee Syrup Vegan?
Yes, it is. This syrup does not contain any dairy or cream. This recipe is very useful in making a vegan mocha latte.
How to Store the Mocha Coffee Syrup?
To store this syrup, all you really need is an airtight container such as a mason jar or bottle. It should last in the fridge for a few weeks.
If you’d like to make a large batch to have more for later, you can store it in the freezer for months. Just make sure there is a little bit of air space in the container in case the syrup expands while freezing.
The Best Homemade Mocha Coffee Syrup Recipe
Easy Mocha Syrup Recipe
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, granulated sugar, coffee, and cocoa powder. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved and the cocoa is smoothly mixed with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat. Let it simmer for about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. This helps the mixture thicken slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. The salt enhances the flavors in the syrup and balances the sweetness of it as well.
- Allow the mocha syrup to cool to room temperature. It will continue to thicken as it cools. Once the mocha syrup has cooled, transfer it to a clean, airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. It should last for a few weeks.