This Starbucks pistachio syrup for coffee is a delicious and easy way to recreate your favorite Starbucks pistachio drinks at home. It is made with real pistachios to give it that nutty pistachio flavor as well as some almond extract and sugar to take it up a notch.
Since you are here you will also enjoy this iced cold brew mocha drink, this shaken espresso brown sugar drink, this toasted vanilla bean simple syrup recipe, and this Starbucks cranberry bliss bar copycat recipe.
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
From the moment Starbucks came out with its pistachio coffee line, I knew I needed it in my life but not enough to pay what they charge for it. So I decided to make the syrup at home, it is great with so many iced coffee recipes or even hot coffees, frappuccinos, and
This is the best pistachio coffee syrup ever.
It is a luxurious sugar-sugar water mixture with pistachios and a tiny bit of almond extract added to it to really bring out that nuttiness of the pistachios. This way you can make the perfect coffee shop latte in the comfort of your own home!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is made with simple ingredients.
- This syrup can take your coffee drinks to the next level.
- With this syrup, you can enjoy your favorite seasonal pistachio latte at home whenever.
- You’ll be able to enjoy the pistachios you use to make the syrup as well. No waste here.
Ingredients for this Starbucks pistachio syrup recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this homemade pistachio syrup. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- Pistachios– We use chopped untoasted unsalted pistachios for this to give it as much pistachio flavoring as possible.
- Almond flavoring- You can omit this but adding it to your own pistachio sauce will help bring out the nuttiness of the syrup even more.
Why Imperial Sugar?
I love using Imperial sugar because it is a high-quality sugar that helps all of my recipes turn out as good as possible. For this seasonal drink syrup, it added to perfect sweetness to go with your shots of espresso or regular coffee.
How to make Starbucks pistachio syrup
This is how you can make this sweet pistachio sauce. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Add the water, sugar, and pistachios to a saucepan.
- Over medium heat bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and allow the mixture to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add in the almond extract, and stir.
- Allow the syrup to cool down before straining it into a mason jar.
- Use it in your coffee or store for later.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this sweet pistachio syrup?
You can store the syrup in an airtight container like a mason jar with a tight lid in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
What can I make with this pistachio syrup?
- Iced pistachio latte or a hot copycat Starbucks pistachio latte
- Pour it onto some ice cream
- Make sweet pistachio milk with it
- It can really be a base of any latte recipe you’d like to play around with.
- Make pistachio cream that can go on top of your cold brew or hot coffee.
What to do with the leftover pistachios you make the syrup with?
Since things are so expensive nowadays, I think the best thing to do with pistachios is to consume them. But how?
My secret is to drain the syrup and place it into a jar or a container where you are going to store it place the saucepan and cook on low heat until the pistachios are candied. You can enjoy them as is or bake with them!
Is there another way to get that natural pistachio flavor to come out without using pistachios?
Another way to make this easy recipe would be to add room-temperature pistachio butter in there instead of using whole chopped pistachios. As the mixture is on the stove heating up, the sugar will resolve and the pistachio butter melts in there. Make sure to whisk it well to combine and use a smooth nut butter instead of a chunky one.
Starbucks pistachio syrup
Starbucks pistachio syrup for coffee
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup chopped pistachio unsalted, untoasted
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract Start with less and add more if you'd like.
- pinch of salt
- Add the pistachios, sugar, water, and salt to the saucepan and bring to a boil.1 cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar, 1 cup water, ½ cup chopped pistachio, pinch of salt
- Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add in the almond extract, stir, and allow it to cool down a little then strain through a fine mesh strainer.¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment