This iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso Starbucks copycat recipe is a smooth coffee drink that comes together in less than 5 minutes. It is lightly sweetened with brown sugar syrup, spiced with cinnamon, then topped with oat milk to make a delicious dairy-free, vegan-friendly Starbucks drink!
If you love Starbucks then you need to try, Hot Vanilla Latte Starbucks Copycat recipe, Starbucks Pistachio Frappuccino copycat recipe and also Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew Copycat Recipe.
The Starbucks brown sugar shaken espresso has been the highlight drink of this year. Made with freshly brewed espresso, brown sugar syrup, oat milk, cinnamon, and all the ice you can fit in there has quickly become my go to favorite summer drink.
This is the best Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso Starbucks Copycat Drink
If you’re ever in need of a quick morning coffee while you’re running late or need a fast pick me up drink between zoom meetings, this quick shaken espresso is it! It comest together in less than five minutes and tastes better than a lot of coffee drinks I’ve has in my life.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is easy as 1,2,3…
- It makes the perfect single-serve drink
- This drink is extremely cheap compared to its counterpart
- You can easily customize this drink to your liking.
- It is vegan and dairy-free, so perfectly suitable for those who have dietary restrictions.
- You can make it in the comfort of your own home without any crazy equipment.
What’s a shaken espresso?
A shaken espresso sounds so intimidating, but it is a very simple idea. You take espresso, syrup, and sometimes even your m ilk of choice and shake it until frothy. This process usually makes the drink extra cold and refreshing, while getting everything well incorporated.
If you’ve ever been to a bar and saw a bartender shake his drink in a cocktail shaker, you’ know you’re gonna get the most refreshing drink ever. Well this is the same idea, but with coffee!
What is in the Starbucks brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso drink?
The original Starbucks shaken espresso drink is made using ice, oat milk, brewed espresso, brown sugar syrup, and cinnamon.
It is a very simple drink but it packs a huge punch in flavor. I personally think it is the perfect summer coffee recipe for 2021!
Ingredients for Starbucks brown sugar shaken espresso
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this espresso drink. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Brown sugar– We use brown sugar to make the brown sugar syrup that Starbucks uses. For maximum flavor opt for dark brown sugar.
- Cinnamon– A dash of cinnamon goes a long way in this drink.
- Vanilla extract– A gentle splash of vanilla is all you need to brighten the flavors of this shaken espresso drink. This ingredient can easily be committed.
- Espresso– You can use whichever espresso brand you like. I usually go with the Starbucks brand just to get the recipe as close to the original but you do you boo. Keep reading to find out how to make espresso without an espresso machine.
- Oat milk– Starbucks uses Oatly brand but I decided to go with the Trader Joe’s option because it only had two ingredients; oats and water!
What to use instead of espresso shots if I don’t have an espresso machine?
Before we got an espresso machine I used to use 2-3 teaspoons of instant coffee mixed with 3 tablespoons of hot water instead of espresso in my lattes!
You could also go with regular brewed coffee instead of espresso. That would technically make a cafe au lait and not really a latte but desperate times, call for desperate measures.
How to make Starbucks brown sugar shaken espresso
This is how you can make your own brown sugar shaken espresso. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Make the brown sugar syrup by mixing the sugar, cinnamon, hot water, and vanilla.
- Top with ice and a freshly brewed espresso.
- Close the jar and shake the espresso and brown sugar syrup together.
- Add more ice and top with oat milk and enjoy.
Starbucks iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso
If you made this iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso recipe for one and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
- Mason jar with a lid or a cocktail shaker
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar Dark brown sugar preferrably
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 espresso shots
- ½ cup unsweetened oat milk
- Add the brown sugar, hot water, vanilla extract, and a pinch of cinnamon to a mason jar and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Brew one to two shots of espresso and pour them in the mason jar over the brown sugar syrup, top that with ½ cup or a handful of ice cubes, close the jar, and shake vigorously for a minute.
- Remove the lid, add a few more ice cubes, and top with oat milk. Stir and enjoy your homemade Starbucks shaken espresso.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
I used a frother to blend the brown sugar syrup since I didn’t have an appropriate jar to shake. Came out great!
Glad to hear you liked the recipe Michelle!
Very delicious! I just added more coffee to make it stronger and less sweet 🙂
So glad to hear you enjoyed this as much as well did!
I love that! The more coffee the better!
Tastes EXACTLY like Starbucks!!
I am so happy to hear this!! Enjoy Sarah!!
This recipe tastes exactly like the Starbucks original. I made it for my mom today and she could hardly tell the difference. Thank you for sharing!
YAY! So glad to hear this Amaya! It’s a great money saver too!
Thank you so much for this recipe!! I tried the Starbucks version yesterday for the first time and I’m obsessed, but can’t justify spending almost $5 on it. I’m thrilled to have found your recipe!! It’s delicious and satisfies my craving! Also, I tried the instant coffee suggestion and it’s perfect!
I’m so glad to hear that the instant coffee suggestion worked for you!
Enjoy this refreshing oat milk coffee this summer, you deserve it 🙂