Starbucks’ pistachio frappuccino got nothing on this! This frappe recipe is balanced in sweetness, has a delicious pistachio flavor, and is the perfect drink to cool off in the summertime. It is made with a secret ingredient that will make this drink’s texture to die for!
If you love Starbucks, you need to try The best Starbucks Salted Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew, Starbucks Irish Cream Cold Brew, Starbucks Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with No Ice Cream and even this Starbucks Matcha Frappuccino.
Pistachio frappuccinos are the best of both worlds! The luxurious pistachio flavor mixed with the refreshing cooling texture of a frappuccino, my go to drink during the summer. Especially if it’s made at home, because let’s face it it’s 1000 times better the the store bought one.
What’s so special about this pistachio frappe?
- This frappuccino drink uses real pistachio butter for a more flavorful drink
- Can be adjusted to your liking. Want it sweeter? Add more sugar. Want it a little less sweet, reduce the sugar used!
- This pistachio frappuccino can be made vegan and dairy free to fit your dietary needs.
This pistachio frappuccino recipe is better than the Starbucks one… Whaaat!!!
Yup, It might sound wild but that’s the honest truth. When I tried the real Starbucks drink it was overly sweet and didn’t have as much pistachio flavor as I would’ve liked so I knew I had to do something about it.
I immediately went to the store and grabbed a jar of pistachio butter ( It’s a little on the pricey side but one jar will costs you the same as one Starbucks frappuccino. It will also make you a lot more than one drink so it’s totally worth it)
It was hard not devouring the whole jar of pistachio butter though, it’s very luxurious and strong in pistachio flavor. Just what we want in this Frappe recipe.
I immediately went and made myself a pistachio frappuccino and it turned out insanely good!
Honest Starbucks pistachio frappuccino review
The second I received the email from Starbucks letting me know that they release their pistachio drinks, I knew I had to go and get my hands on it.
I blamed it on research, but secretly I wanted to try it for my pure enjoyment but unfortunately, I was very disappointed. The drink itself didn’t taste a lot like pistachio, I’m guessing because they used syrup instead of anything that had pistachio. The drink was overly sweet too so I was extremely disappointed with the whole drink itseld.
But because I know that this drink has so much potential I decided to try and make a copycat recipe for it.
Pistachio frappuccino ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this__. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Milk– Use 2% milk for this recipe if you can, if not any milk works fine!
- Pistachio butter– Pistachio butter is a little on the pricey side but if you’re addicted to Starbucks like I am it’s a little investment that’s definitely worth it.
- sugar– You’ll just need some granulated sugar for this recipe, you could also use simple syrup or vanilla syrup.
- Xanthan gum– The xanthan gum is used instead of the creme base in the Starbucks frappuccino drinks.
- Salt– The salt helps bring out the pistachio flavor even more.
- Ice– Use clean ice, not something that sat in the freezer for a few weeks/months to get the best tasting frappe ever!
How does pistachio butter taste like?
Pistachio butter has a nutty, earthy, and somewhat sweet flavor. It is made by blanching and removing
- Want a dairy free pistachio fappe? You can make this recipe using almond milk or soy milk. If you decide that you want to top your drink with whipped cream as well, make sure that you use dairy free whipped cream too.
- Want to make a version with caffeine? You can add a little cold brew coffee, instant coffee, or an espresso shot before blending. Taste the drink and add a little more sugar if you feel like it needs it.
- Want to make a skinny pistachio frappuccino? You can make this Starbucks frappe skinny by swapping the granulated sugar with a calorie free sweetener. I usually like to use Truvia at a 1:1 ratio to make my drinks keto
How to make pistachio frappuccino
This is how you can make your own Starbucks pistachio frappuccino at home Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place all the ingredients in the blender starting with the ice, milk, and then the rest.
- Blend until smooth and top with whipped cream and enjoy!
More recipes you can make using pistachios!
Can you make frappuccinos ahead of time?
Frappuccinos are made with ice, so the second you blend it you should drink it or serve it. Otherwise, it will become a watery melty mess.
Pistachio Frappuccino recipe
If you made this Pistachio frappe and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
The best Starbucks Pistachio Frappuccino
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoon pistachio butter
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- whipped cream optional
- Place all the ingredients in the blender starting with the ice, milk, pistachio butter, sugar, xanthan gum, and sea salt and blend
- Serve in a tall glass, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chopped pistachios for a pretty drink or enjoy as is.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment