McDonald’s Oreo shamrock McFlurry recipe is a creamy vanilla oreo dessert with hints of mint. It is a fast food chain’s staple around St. Patrick’s day. It is a minty, creamy, and refreshing dessert that you can now make in the comfort of your own home.
Since you are here, check out these recipes as well! The ultimate McDonald’s shamrock shake, Mcdonald’s Oreo McFlurry, as well as this McDonald’s caramel iced coffee.
It’s shamrock season! Meaning for a limited time, Mcdonald’s has their original shamrock shake and shamrock Oreo McFlurry so if you haven’t yet, definitely head to your local McDonalds and give it a try.
So here we are here for anything green and minty. Even though it was never my go I think I learned to love that flavor so bring on all that shamrock sundae, seasonal shamrock shake, and all the Shamrock Mcflurries!
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- This is the perfect copycat recipe for St. Patrick’s day celebrations.
- It is simple and delicious.
- This green treat can be made with a handful of ingredients.
- It yields 2 creamy drinks, one for you and one for your bestie!
What is the difference between a shamrock McFlurry and a Shamrock Shake?
The difference is that one is a milkshake and the other is a
Ingredients for this Shamrock shake season Oreo McFlurry recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla ice cream – McDonald’s uses soft-serve ice cream for this.
- Cool whip- Since we are using regular ice cream the cool whip will give it an even better texture. This is optional though so if you don’t have it no worries.
- Whole milk- This is used to thin out our Oreo shamrock mc flurry just a tad bit.
- Mint extract & green gel food coloring- The fast food giant uses their minty green syrup to create that beautiful color, as well as the shamrock, shake flavor but we are using the extract as well as the green food coloring to replicate that.
- Oreos- Of course, the most important ingredient, the luxurious crunch of Oreo cookies mixed in there.
How to make this Mint shake recipe
This is how you can make this minty oreo shake since the ice cream machine always seems to be broken. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place the ice cream, cool whip if using, milk, mint extract, and a little green gel food coloring into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the crushed oreo pieces and pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour in your serving glass, top with extra crushed Oreos, and enjoy in celebration of st. Patrick!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to serve an Oreo Shamrock McFlurry?
You can serve this in two small glasses. It is not usually topped with any whipped cream but it is topped with crushed Oreo cookie pieces. So decide on whatever you like.
Can I use peppermint extract in this minty ice cream treat?
Instead of the mint flavoring you can use a little less peppermint extract, taste and assess if it needs more or if it is good the way it is.
Can I turn this into a Mcdonald’s chocolate Shamrock McFlurry?
Sure! All you have to do is use chocolate ice cream instead. It’s the best thing if you love chocolate and mint together or chocolate shamrock shakes in general. The ultimate indulgence during the month of march!
Recipe for the best Oreo mint mcflurry.
McDonald’s Shamrock Mcflurry recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz cool whip
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- a drop of green gel food coloring add more to make it brighter
- 6 Oreos crushed
- Add the ice cream, cool whip, milk, mint extract, and green gel food coloring to a blender and blend until smooth.2 cups vanilla ice cream, 3 oz cool whip, ¼ teaspoon mint extract, 2 tablespoon milk, a drop of green gel food coloring
- Add in the Oreos and pulse to combine. Don't overmix, we want there to be some bigger chunks of Oreo for that awesome crunch.6 Oreos
- Serve in a cup, top with more crushed oreos, and enjoy with a spoon!
Leave a Comment