This 3 ingredient Oreo McFlurry is inspired by one of my favorite McDonald’s frozen treats! If you have ever craved an Oreo McFlurry but found out that the ice cream machine was down, I have the solution for you. This homemade Oreo ice cream can be made and enjoyed straight in the comfort of your own home.
Since you love Oreos, checkout 4th of July Oreos Dipped in White Chocolate, The best Crumbl Oreo Birthday Cake Cookies, Golden Oreo Truffles with Cream cheese, and even Crumbl Golden Oreo Cookies with White Chocolate Chips!
I can’t believe that the first time I tried an Oreo McFlurry was only a few years ago. Like where were they all my life?!
I mean I get it… Not living in America for most of my childhood and when I traveled to France, I would always opt for a big mac and fries. I guess I did so because I had no clue they were that good. I thought they were a lame fast food dessert, just like any other desserts.
This is the best Oreo McFlurry recipe EVER!
After trying the real deal for the first time, I literally started craving it every other week… Especially around that time of the month. What can I say, it just hits the spot so well.
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- It makes a single-serve Oreo Mcflurry.
- Can be made in its serving cup, which means fewer dishes!
- This homemade Oreo McFlurry can be made anytime regardless of if the ice cream machines are down or not.
- Perfect for all my Oreo lovers!
What is a McFlurry?
McFlurries are one of the many McDonald’s creations. It is a whipped, soft serve, vanilla flavored ice cream that had bits of candies or cookies mixed in it.
It is served with a special spoon that attaches to a machine that will mix it all together to combine all the ingredients.
Ingredients for this Oreo Mcflurry copycat recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this McDonald’s McFlurry. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla ice cream- Use good quality ice cream for the best-flavored McFlurry.
- Heavy cream/milk– The heavy cream or milk will help thin out the ice cream and give it more of that soft serve texture.
- Cool Whip- This helps get that super creamy McFlurry texture!
- Oreos– Can’t forget the Oreos to make this Oreo ice cream treat!
How to make McDonald’s Oreo Mcflurry?
This is how you can make this childhood favorite treat. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place the ice cream and heavy cream/milk in a wide mouth jar or glass.
- Blend the ice cream and heavy cream mixture with a hand blender until smooth and creamy
- Add in the Oreos and pulse just until combined.
- Garnish with extra crushed Oreos.
- Enjoy straight from the cup!
If you loved this Oreo McFlurry, here are more recipes you’ll love!
- Crumbl Oreo cookies with buttercream frosting Copycat Recipe
- Small batch mini cheesecakes with oreo crust
- Mini Oreo cheesecakes
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use different cookies or candies in this McFlurry?
You sure can! I love McFlurries so much because they always ( or almost always) have different options. The most basic ones are the Oreos ones and the mini M&m’s.
They also had Butterfinger, caramel, brownie, and even cookie butter I heard. But I am saying all of this so that you know that any candies or cookies you want to add are a go. That’s the beauty of making your own homemade McFlurries!
Another thing that I love adding to my McFlurries had to be fresh fruits, berries are a top choice, but tropical fruits also will elevate your McFlurries to the next level for sure.
Can I use different flavored ice cream for McFlurries?
This recipe can be made with any ice cream that you have on hand. The addition of the heavy cream won’t mess with the ice cream flavor too much so get creative with your McFlurries and let me know in the comments which one was your favorite flavor profile : )
Can I make this Oreo McFlurry in a blender if I don’t have a hand blender?
If you don’t have a hand blender you can use your regular blender or a Nutri bullet.
I decided to use my hand blender to have fewer dishes and make it right where I will be serving it.
Can you make McFlurries in advance?
McFlurries are best made when you’re ready to enjoy them. They are characterized by their soft serve texture that comes from adding a liquid and blending.
So if you freeze your McFlurry for too long before enjoying it will harden back up to ice cream and will lose that delicious texture.
So if you need to freeze your McFlurry for a few minutes before serving, go ahead. But I wouldn’t recommend freezing it for longer than 20 minutes as it would throw off the texture.
Homemade Oreo McFlurry McDonald’s Copycat Recipe
McDonald’s Oreo Mcflurry
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz cool whip
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 7 Oreos crushed
- Add the ice cream, cool whip, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the Oreos and pulse to combine. Don't overmix, we want there to be some bigger chunks of Oreo for that awesome crunch.
- Serve in a cup and enjoy with a spoon!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!