Crumbl strawberry pop tart cookies, AKA soft and buttery sugar cookies filled with the best strawberry jam and topped with white chocolate and sprinkles. Truly every kid’s dream 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will also love Chilled Crumbl Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, Fruity CRUMBL Strawberry Shortcake Cookies, and even Strawberry Jam-Filled Muffins with Streusel Topping.
This is the best Strawberry pop tart cookie
This week Crumbl had the strawberry pop tart cookie in their roster which made me so happy because I’ve been wanting to try it and recreate it for ya.
It tasted good, but similar to all their other cookies. At this point, I really believe that they have a few base cookie recipes and they just change up one thing and call it a different name for clout.
In this case, I used a basic sugar cookie from a lot of the Crumbl copycat recipes I’ve shared before but tweaked it just enough to hold that strawberry jam in the middle perfectly.
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- It tastes just like a pop tart but better.
- This recipe is so easy to make.
- You will be able to enjoy your favorite Crumbl recipe anytime, no need to wait for it to come back in stores months from now.
- This recipe will save you a ton of money because, at $5 a pop, it adds up quickly.
Ingredients for this strawberry pop tart cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter as long as it’s softened.
- Granulated & brown sugar– The combination of sugars makes for the perfect textured cookies.
- Egg– Use an egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla- The vanilla extract adds a little extra depth to the recipe.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- Baking powder– The baking powder adds a little height to the cookies.
- Strawberry jam – Use good quality strawberry jam for best results.
- Pop tart bites – This is optional but will make your cookies cute!
- White chocolate– You can use white chocolate of white candy melts.
- Oil– Any unflavored oil works here, think canola or vegetable oil.
How to make strawberry pop tart cookies
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add in the vanilla butter emulsion and the egg and mix to combine.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop the cookie dough, bake a well in the center with the back of a tablespoon and fill with strawberry jam.
- Fold the edges over and make sure to seal well.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake.
- Let the cookies cool down before topping them with melted white chocolate and sprinkles.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store strawberry pop tart cookies
You can store these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also store them in the fridge for up 7 days, just microwave them before enjoying them so they’re warm and ooey gooey again.
Can I freeze strawberry pop tart cookies?
Absolutley! These cookies freeze well. I would flash freeze them for the chocolate doesn’t stick to the bottom of whatever cookie is stacked on top.
After flash freezing them, transfer them to an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy these cookies, thaw in the fridge overnight or microwave for a few seconds and enjoy!
Can I use a different filling?
Yes! You can stuff these cookies with any other jam, think blueberry jam, apricot jam, or even grape jam.
To make different flavored pop tarts (think s’mores pop tarts) you could play around with either marshmallows or marshmallow fluff and chocolate chips.
My biggest tip is to make ONE trial cookie first if you change up the fillings and see how the ratios work for you.
Can I make smaller strawberry pop tart cookies?
You sure can, instead of making 6 large cookies, you can make 12 smaller ones. Fill with 1 teaspoon of jam instead of ½ tablespoon and bake for 9 minutes.
Strawberry pop tart cookies
Strawberry pop tart cookies – CRUMBL copycat
sugar Cookie base
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon butter vanilla emulsion Use regular vanilla instead if you don't have this but I highly suggest you grab a bottle.
- 1 & ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup strawberry jam
- ⅓ cup white chocolate or white candy melts for a whiter look
- 1 & ½ tablespoon oil unflavored, vegetable, canola, or coconut oil
- red sprinkle for topping
Make the sugar cookie base
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the egg, the butter vanilla emulsion, butter flavoring (optional), and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt until the flour mixture disappears. Don't overmix your dough. Then using a large cookie scooper scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls.
- Use the back of a 1 tablespoon measuring scoop, make an indentation in the cookie then fill with about ½ tablespoon of strawberry jam. Seal the edges carefully, then gently roll the cookie dough into a ball. Place on the baking sheet, then repeat the process.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, and let the cookies cool down on a cooling rack before topping with the melted white chocolate and oil mixture. Add sprinkles and enjoy.
Make the topping
- Microwave the white chocolate and the oil in a microwave-safe bowl, stir every 30 seconds, then microwave again until fully melted.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!