There Crumbl strawberry shortcake cookies are made using strawberry cake mix, a light and delicious mousse frosting, then topped with a homemade strawberry shortcake streusel to tie all those flavors together. It is one of the best cookies you will ever make!
If you love Crumbl cookies, I know you also enjoy CRUMBL Cornbread Cookies with Honey buttercream, Better Than CRUMBL Cosmic Brownie Cookies, CRUMBL Waffle cookies with Buttercream Frosting, The softest Crumbl Circus Animal Cookies as well as Crumbl Oreo cookies with buttercream frosting Copycat Recipe.
Last week’s cookie haul was amazing! Of course, the CRUMBL Strawberry shortcake cookie was the one that stood out the most to me. It was not overly sweet especially with the vanilla mousse frosting on top. It tasted like a cloud and balanced out the flavors so well!
This is the best Strawberry shortcake cookie recipe ever!
Even though these cookies don’t have any fresh strawberries in them the combination of the strawberry cookie base and the strawberry shortcake streusel will make it taste almost better than a regular shortcake dessert!
This was actually my first time making strawberry cookies using cake mix and was very pleasantly surprised at how they turned out so I am so excited for you to try them!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These cookies taste absolutely delicious.
- They taste just like the real deal!
- It uses cake mix to make your life easier
- These cookies are the cutest, perfect for birthday parties 🙂
- It comes together in less than an hour!
What’s a traditional strawberry shortcake?
The traditional strawberry shortcake dessert is made using a sweet biscuit, layered with whipped sweet cream and strawberries.
It is a very fresh and light dessert that is perfect for spring or summer time.
Ingredients for Crumbl Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these strawberry cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Strawberry cake mix– The strawberry cake mix will be the base of our cookies.
- Egg– The egg is used as a binding element for the cookies. Make sure to use room temperature eggs.
- Oil– Use either vegetable, canola, or any other flavorless oils for this recipe.
- Vanilla pudding– The vanilla pudding is used for both the frosting as well as the strawberry shortcake streusel topping.
- Strawberry jello– The jello is used to make the strawberry streusel topping. You can use either regular or sugar-free jello for this.
- Butter– The butter is used to make the streusel topping. You can use either salted or unsalted.
- Flour– All-purpose flour will work great for this.
- Cream cheese– The cream cheese is gonna be used for the vanilla mousse frosting.
- Heavy cream– Heavy cream is also used for the cookies and the vanilla mousse frosting. Make sure it’s really cold.
How to make CRUMBL Strawberry shortcake cookies
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Make the strawberry shortcake streusel and let it cool fully on the baking sheet.
- Mix the cake mix, oil, and egg together to form a cookie dough.
- Scoop cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet, and bake.
- Make the vanilla mousse frosting.
- Frost the strawberry sugar cookies.
- Top with the strawberry shortcake streusel.
Vanilla mousse frosting
The vanilla mousse frosting is made by whipping the cream cheese, heavy cream, and a little vanilla pudding.
It makes a lightly sweetened frosting that will not overpower the cookie or the strawberry streusel topping.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store CRUMBL strawberry shortcake cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up 4 days.
Because they are frosted with cream cheese and heavy cream they need to be kept in the fridge so it stays fresh.
You can also freeze the cookies in the an airtight container for up to 1 months.
How does these strawberry shortcake cookies taste like?
These strawberry shortcake cookies taste like a light strawberry sugar cookie topped with a not overly sweetened vanilla cream cheese mousse frosting.
The chef’s kiss had to be the strawberry shortcake streusel. It has a strong strawberry flavor and will bring the whole thing together!
CRUMBL Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
If you made these CRUMBL strawberry shortcake cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton!
CRUMBL Strawberry shortcake cookies
Strawberry shortcake streusel
Strawberry cake mix cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ cup oil any unflavored oil works
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
Make the strawberry shortcake streusel
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- In two separate small bowls, add in 2 tablespoons of flour in each one. Add in 1 tablespoon of butter in each bowl then add in the jello in one and the pudding in the other bowl.
- Using a fork, mix the content of each bowl until combined and crumbly looking. Pour the strawberry jello streusel on one side of the pan and pour the vanilla streusel on the other. Bake in the preheated oven for 11 minutes.
- Let the streusel cool down completely while making your cookies, then gently mix it to get the vanilla and strawberry flavors combined togehter.
Make the strawberry cake mix cookies
- In a large bowl, add the strawberry cake mix, flour, oil, eggs, and heavy cream, and mix until the dry cake mix disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls and bake in the 350F preheated oven for 9 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 15 minutes then transfer to a coolin rack.
Make the vanilla mousse frosting.
- In a stand mixer bowl, using a paddle attachemen, mix the cream cheese until smooth and lump free. Add in the heavy cream, the vanilla pudding, and the powdered sugar and mix using a whisk attachement until it thickens. This will take baout 60 seconds on medium high speed.
- Transfer the mousse frosting to a piping bag with a large piping tip, and frost the cooled down cookies. Top the cookies with the strawberry shortcake streusel and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!