CRUMBL cornbread cookies are thick, soft, and chewy cookies, topped with a smooth honey butter frosting and a generous honey drizzle. They are pretty much a cornbread in cookie form with a little extra sweetness.
These CRUMBL cornbread cookies are another discovery from the popular CRUMBL bakery. Who knew cornmeal cookies were gonna be such a satisfying treat!
I’ve always had regular polenta, or cornbread but never thought of making it into a cookie, but oh lord, am I glad I did!
These little cornmeal cookies are the most delicate little things ever. They are extremely soft and melt in your mouth. The best part is that they stay soft for a while after baking which is what I’m always looking for when I bake cookies!
This is the best Cornbread cookie ever!
After trying to make this recipe a few times, I was finally satisfied with the final result of these cookies. They have a sweet and salty taste so they’re not overwhelmingly sweet.
With each bite, you will notice a vanilla and buttery flavor that will remind you of your favorite cornbread. Those cookies are then topped with a honey drizzle and a homemade honey frosting on top. Everything that should be on top of a regular cornbread slice is on these!
I would even say that this would be a great memorial day dessert recipe. They are easy to make, yet so impressive when you add the honey buttercream and the honey drizzle on top.
If you are heading somewhere for memorial day or are hosting a little party yourself, I would strongly suggest you make these for everyone!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are thick
- Each cookie is soft and chewy
- The perfect sweet and salty treat
- If you love cornbread these cornbread-inspired cookies will be for you!
Ingredients for these cornmeal flour cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make CRUMBL cornbread cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter & oil– These cookies use a combination of butter and oil to stay moist and rich.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar– Again we use two types of sugar in this recipe to give it both depth and keep that moisture alive.
- Vanilla & butter extract– In an effort to make these cookies taste more like butter, use butter extract as well as vanilla extract. It will brighten the flavor a bit.
- Honey- A little honey goes a long way. It adds amazing flavor as well as
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent in this recipe. Use a room temperature egg.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Cornmeal– The cornmeal is used both in the cookie dough as well as outside for added texture and flavor.
- Corn starch– The cornstarch keeps the cookies super soft and tender.
- Baking soda & baking powder– Both of these will give a little height to
- Cornmeal cookies.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- Cream of tartar– The cream of tartar will keep the cookies extra soft. It’s an ingredient that’s usually used in snickerdoodle cookies to keep them soft.
Ingredients for honey frosting
- Butter- You will need softened butter, preferably unsalted.
- Powdered sugar– You’ll need a lot of powdered sugar.
- Salt– A little salt to balance out the sweet flavors.
- Honey– Again, just a little honey goes a long way for the flavor of this honey buttercream.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will brighten the flavor of this buttercream.
How to make CRUMBL cornbread cookies with honey frosting
This is how you can make cornbread cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and butter extract and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, corn starch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, then add in the cornmeal and mix until combined.
- Scoop out 14 equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them in extra cornmeal, and place them on a baking sheet. Gently flatten each cookie slightly and bake in the preheated oven.
How to make honey buttercream frosting
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, honey, and salt in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Top the cooled down cookies with a dollop of that goodness, a drizzle of a honey and enjoy!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More Crumbl cookies you will love!
- CRUMBL Waffle cookies with Buttercream Frosting
- Chewy CRUMBL Churro Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Crumbl Oreo cookies with buttercream frosting Copycat Recipe
- The softest Crumbl Circus Animal Cookies
- Better Than CRUMBL Cosmic Brownie Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Chilled CRUMBL Twix Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Chilled Crumbl Sugar Cookies Copycat recipe
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store CRUMBL cornbread cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
These cookies can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Make sure to thaw them in the fridge overnight before enjoying them.
How do these CRUMBL cornbread cookie test like?
These cookies taste like a sweeter cornbread. They’re soft and chewy and have hint of butter, and honey flavors.
These cookies are topped with a soft honey buttercream and drizzled with honey to remind you of grandma’s cornbreads!
CRUMBL Cornbread Cookies
If you made these cornbread cookies with honey frosting and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Corn bread cookie
- 1 & 1/2 stick butter softened
- 2 tbsp Vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 tsp butter flavoring
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2sp tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350, then line a bakig sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla flavoring,butter flaving, and honey and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar into the creamed butter mixture. Add in the corn meal and mix until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 14 equally sized cookie dough balls, gently flatten them with your hands to about 2 cm in thickness and bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
Make the honey buttercream
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, honey, and vanilla flavoring together until light and creamy. If the buttercream is too thick add in 1/2 tbsp heavy cream or milk at a time and stir until the desired consistency is reached.
- Top each cooled down cookie with a dollop of honey buttercream and a drizzle of honey and enjoy.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!