This almond banana date smoothie is quickly gonna become your go-to breakfast or snack drink of choice. It is dairy-free, vegan, and tastes like a dessert in a cup!
Date smoothie are a must once the weather starts getting a bit hot. They are both nutritious and refreshing at the same time and today I am here to show you how you can make it and why you need to try it ASAP!
This is the best Banan almond butter date smoothie ever!
A few years ago when I worked at the Venetian here in Las Vegas, we had a juice stand smoothie place right next door and we would often swap goods.
We gave them pastries and they shared their smoothies with my friends and I. That’s the short story of how I fell in love with almond butter date smoothies.
Once day they brought us an almond butter dare smoothie and I seriously couldn’t get enough. I eventually started making it at home and now I’m here to show you how you can make it too! 🙂
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s super easy to make.
- This drink is thick and creamy.
- It’s my favorite grab-and-go breakfast.
- This smoothie is naturally sweetened with dates and bananas.
- It’s full of fiber and healthy fats.
- It is plant-based, vegan, & dairy-free! Perfect for a multitude of diets.
Ingredients for this date smoothie
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this healthy smoothie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Banana– I use a frozen banana to make the drink colder, thicker, and more refreshing.
- Dates– Dates are the star of this smoothie. They help sweeten it and add some depth of flavor to it as well.
- Almond butter– I use almond butter because it goes so well with dates, but you can use any nut butter.
- Almond milk– You can use any milk you’d like. I wanted to keep this recipe, vegan and dairy-free.
- Chia seeds– The chia seeds will add extra protein and Omega 3s.
- Cinnamon– The cinnamon pairs really well with the dates. You can definitely omit this if you’d like.
- Sea salt– This smoothie has. a little sea salt to balance out the sweetness of the smoothie and add some depth.
How to make this date smoothie
This is how you can make this smoothie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for 30-60 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy!
More smoothie recipes you will love!
- Easy Healthy Matcha Green Smoothie
- 3-ingredient Toasted Hazelnut Smoothie with Bananas
- Velvety Smooth Avocado Smoothie with Banana
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Date Smoothie FAQ
How to make a smoothie thicker?
You can do this by either adding less milk or less liquid, or adding in a little more frozen bananas and blending again.
How to make a smoothie thinner?
You can do this by adding in a little more milk or liquid then blending it to perfection.
How can I supercharge my smoothie?
To make your smoothie even more nutritious and filling here are a few add-ins that will make it better for you!
- Seeds- Seeds like chia seeds, flax seeds, and even hemp seeds are a great addition to smoothies. They up the amount of protein and omega 3s.
- Veggies– I love adding veggies to my smoothies to get in more greens a day. I usually like to add spinach, avocado, or even steamed cauliflower. I know it sounds a bit odd, but believe me, your smoothie will taste just as good!
- Protein– Adding protein to your smoothie is a great option if you’re trying to make something that’s a bit more filling. Adding in a scoop of protein powder, cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt is the perfect option for this.
Almond Banana Date smoothie
If you made this banana almond date smoothie and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Almond Banana Date Smoothie
- Place all your ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth. This will take about 30-60 seconds.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!