This healthy matcha green smoothie is made with banana, dates, peanut butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, maca powder, and matcha powder to create the ultimate healthy morning drink. Ready in less than 5 minutes for the ultimate eon the go breakfast.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
This year, I made it a goal to eat my meals. After this blog started to pick up, I focused a lot on recipe creation. This has lead me to become too tired to make real meals.
Now, let’s be honest, I still ate. But instead of eating a complete meals, I had bites of cakes and cookies here and there. They tasted so good and they didn’t require any extra work so they were super appealing to me.
By the end of last year, I started becoming so tired. I knew that my Ehlers Danlos Syndrom has a lot to do with it but I wasn’t helping with my poor nutrition.
So at the beginning of this year, I made it a point to start having one green smoothie a day. The green smoothie is here to help me get as many nutritious vitamins and minerals without it being too hard to make.
This is the best matcha smoothie for weight loss!
Since I started this I have been feeling a lot more energized. I Still snack on cake and cookies from tie to time but I don’t do it for every meal, or as often as I used to last year.
The coolest part is that drink actually tastes good. It is not overpowering with matcha powder. I tried to make sure that the matcha is there just for the benefits, but whenever I want an extra kick of matcha, I add a bit more for flavor.
I have a few more green smoothies that I rotate during the week and would love to know if you guys would be interested in more green smoothie recipes to try this green smoothie trend with me let me know in the comments below!
What’s so special about this healthy matcha green smoothie?
Here is exactly why you need to try this matcha smoothie recipe:
- It is an easy breakfast option.
- This smoothie will help you get in a lot of nutrients in one little gulp.
- The matcha will give you a steady boost of energy because of the caffeine content in it.
- No more skipping breakfast, This smoothie will be ready in less than 5 minutes for the best on the go breakfast recipe.
More matcha recipes you will love!
- Starbucks Matcha Frappuccino Copycat Recipe
- Cute Green Tea Matcha Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Virgin Matcha Moscow Mule
Ingredients for this healthy matcha green smoothie
Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this healthy matcha smoothie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full ingredient list.
- Almond milk- You can use any milk you want but I opted for a dairy free option.
- Banana– Use a ripe banana for maximum sweetness!
- Dates– Dates will add a little bit extra sweetness to your smoothie.
- Matcha powder– Use good quality matcha powder to get the best flavor.
- Chia seeds & flax seeds – Chia and flax seeds are a nutrient powerhouse. They will add extra fiber and omega 3s to your smoothie.
- Peanut butter– You can use peanut butter or any other nut butter to make this smoothie more filling.
- Maca powder– Maca powder is optional but I highly recommend using it. It is great at boosting energy levels and balancing out hormones for both men and women.
Is matcha powder and green tea powder the say?
It sure is!
What are the benefits of matcha powder?
Matcha tastes incredible, but it also has a ton of health benefits. It is a great anti-oxidant, helping protect your cells from free radicals in the body. It is also great for weight loss and keeping that metabolism active.
How to make the best healthy matcha green smoothie
Here is how you can make this green matcha smoothie at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed recipe:
- Place all the ingredients in the blender starting with the milk then blend until smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, it might take anywhere from 60 seconds to 3 minutes.
Tips for the best matcha smoothie recipe
Here are a few tips to make the best matcha smoothie drink:
- If you prefer thicker smoothies freeze the banana and add a tiny bit less almond milk.
- If you prefer thinner smoothies, add a little more almond milk.
- Make sure to use good quality matcha powder for the best flavor smoothie.
- Smoothies are
Healthy matcha green smoothie
If you tried and enjoyed this green matcha smoothie for weightloss, make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Healthy matcha green smoothie
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend for 60 seconds to 3 minutes depending on how strong your blender is.
- Enjoy the smoothie in the morning for a filling healthy breakfast.
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here!
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!