Virgin matcha Moscow mule you say? This is the perfect drink recipe to welcome spring and summer. It will keep you and your little ones refreshed during the hot months.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I hope you guys are doing well 🙂
I wanted to come to you with a new recipe that would work perfectly for the spring and summer time. It is a Matcha Moscow Mule with no alcohol (hence calling it virgin). I wanted to share a recipe that can be enjoyed by both adults and children alike… at least those who love matcha!
I personally am obsessed with matcha, from matcha lattes to matcha cookies or matcha mochi… I just can’t get enough of it!
Because of my love for matcha I decided to try and make a Moscow mule using that. After trying it with extra lime and ginger, I pretty much fell in love with those flavors all over again.
I had never made a virgin drink using matcha before and let me tell you … It works so well together!
What’s so special about this drink?
I love this matcha Moscow mule recipe so much! I admit I am an absolute matcha fanatic, I will take anything matcha… the weirder the better. But for this specific drink, I love it because of how refreshing it is. It is ice cold, has a perfectly balanced citrus note to it and hot and zesty because of the ginger.
It is the perfect drink recipe to welcome spring and summer heat. The recipe also contains no alcohol so it is suitable for the little one or even adults who don’t drink.
Do you like my Moscow mule mugs?
A few weeks ago I was contacted by Jessica Rose The founder of the Moscow Muled Mugs company to try out her copper mugs. I was delighted because it’s been a while since I have been wanting to make a virgin drink.
I accepted her product in exchange for me sharing a recipe using her product in my blog. I received the Moscow mules for free but did not receive any payments. The opinions I share in this article are my own.
Moscow Muled’s mules are made with 100% pure high-grade and food-safe copper. The interior of the mugs is lined with high-grade stainless steel to protect you from ingesting heavy metals.
These copper mugs hold approximately 16 ounces so you can make whatever drink you want in them! If you want to purchase your own set click here!
If you’re into this refreshing virgin matcha Moscow mule you will love this grape cooler!
Ingredients needed for this virgin matcha Moscow mule
- Limes– Limes are essential for the perfect Moscow Mule
- Ginger ale– Since we are confined and I am trying to avoid going to the store too much, I used ginger ale that I had at home instead of ginger beer. If you have ginger beer feel free to use that.
- Grated ginger– Grated ginger adds an extra ginger flavor to the drink making it even better.
- Matcha powder – I love matcha, but when using it for drinks make sure to chose ceremonial grade matcha tea powder. I used this brand “Matcha Love”
- Hot water – The hot water is for mixing in the matcha. Don’t worry it will cool down a bit before we use it.
- Ice – I love using crushed ice for Moscow mules. It makes them look a lot more authentic. If you want to be a little extra you can get yourself this manual ice breaker to crush your ice or just get this crushed ice tray!
What does matcha taste like?
Matcha tastes vegetal at first then it gives a soft sweet lingering flavor. Keep in mind that different matcha has different flavors. There are different matcha grades as well so make sure you chose ceremonial grade for the best drink flavor.
How to make matcha Moscow mules?
1 . First start by mixing the matcha and the hot water together. Set aside.
Now fill the copper mugs with crushed ice. Squeeze the juice of half a lime in each copper mug. Fill ⅔rd of the mug with ginger ale.
3. Pour half the matcha mixture in each mug, and them top each mug with 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
Enjoy this super refreshing virgin drink!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Virgin matcha Moscow mules
Virgin Matcha Moscow Mules
- 1 lime plus more for garnish
- 10 oz ginger beer or ginger ale
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 oz hot water
- First start by mixing the matcha and the hot water together. Set aside.
- Now fill the copper mugs with crushed ice. Squeeze the juice of half a lime in each copper mug. Fill ⅔rd of the mug with ginger ale.
- Pour half the matcha mixture in each mug, and then top each mug with 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and a lemon slice or wedge or both!
- Enjoy your refreshing alcohol free drink!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here, if you tried this recipe and loved it please let me know down in the comments below. Have a great day and stay safe!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!