Mcdonald’s Strawberry Banana Smoothie-Aka your childhood’s favorite memory is here. This recipe will show you how to make a healthier version of the popular Mcdonald’s strawberry banana frappuccino at home in no time.
Since you’re here I know you will also love Strawberry banana yogurt smoothie, The best Papaya Mango smoothie, high protein Banana peach smoothie recipe, and even Easy and Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
Does anyone remember getting these strawberry banana smoothies at McDonald’s during their high school days or is it just me?
It seemed like such a simple “healthy-ish” (little did I know that it wasn’t really healthy or at least the McDonald’s ones weren’t) sweet treat that you wouldn’t feel as bad about.
Now hear me out, before you click out of here because I’m talking about food and guilt in the same phrase, it was the trend back then. Now that mentality is long gone and for a good reason.
This is the best McDonalds strawberry banana smoothie.
Now for this specific recipe, I tried to make something similar but of course without all the crazy additives and preservatives. I was tempted to use white grape juice instead of the milk and greek yogurt but opted against it.
If you want something closer to the fruity McDonald’s drink, you can use that instead.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s a better-for-you version of the Mcdonald’s smoothie.
- This recipe uses fresh ingredients that you might already have at home.
- It has greek yogurt, HELLO gut health!
- This recipe will cost you a lot less than it would at McDonald’s!
What will McDonalds strawberry banana smoothie look and taste like?
Look wise, it will look thick and pink thanks to the frozen fruits and the red strawberry color.
As far as flavor, it will taste fresh with a super creamy texture. So good!
Ingredients for this McDonald’s strawberry banana frappuccino
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Strawberries- Use frozen strawberries to get this drink to the right texture.
- Banana– I like to use fresh bananas not frozen for this ingredient. But if that’s all you have, no worries, just add a bit more liquid.
- Greek yogurt– The Greek yogurt will add this awesome creaminess.
- Milk– The milk is used to thin out the smoothie just enough for our blender to blend it.
- Ice– This will keep our drink icy and delicious just like the McDonald’s one. Maybe even better!
How to make this strawberry banana frappe at home?
This is how you can make this at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
If your blender is struggling to blend everything together smoothly, add a tiny bit more milk or liquids in there and blend again.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to make this smoothie even healthier?
When you’re feeling like you wanna kick up the health in this drink up a notch, here are some extra ways to add extra nutrients to your homemade smoothie:
- Chia seeds/ flax seeds for extra omega 3’s and fiber.
- Spinach or kale for extra vitamin k and fiber.
- Extra Greek yogurt for probiotics and more protein
- Superfood powders
Is a vegan Mcdonald’s strawberry banana smoothie possible?
For sure! All you have to do is use dairy-free milk, think cashew, coconut, or almond milk with a dairy-free greek style yogurt and blend it all together to make your perfect copycat!
Can I make this smoothie sweeter?
Absolutely! I think the sweetness from the strawberry and the banana is enough but sometimes the actual fruits aren’t ripe or sweet enough so here are a few ways to sweeten your smoothie a bit more. Add in :
- Honey (not vegan)
- Maple syrup (vegan)
- Sugar or simple syrup (vegan)
Is ice mandatory in smoothies?
Not really, it depends on what you are going for.
For this specific McDonald’s smoothie, I was going for something a bit icy so I added extra ice for a cooling effect.
If you want to skip the ice, make sure you’re using frozen fruits to get the same effect.
What equipment will you need for this recipe?
A good blender is about it for this recipe.
I like to use my Vitamix because it is a high-speed blender that will make my smoothie perfectly smooth.
How much time do you need to make Mcdonald’s strawberry banana smoothie?
This drink takes close to no time, especially when you compare it to the time it would take you to drive to McDonald’s, wait in the drive-through and then receive your drink.
So in total, this drink would take you less than 5 minutes from start to finish.
McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie
McDonald’s strawberry banana smoothie
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 1 banana sliced, fresh
- 1 & ½ cup frozen strawberries sliced
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk Add the milk to help the blender blend easier. (it's optional but I definitely recommend it if the smoothie isn't blending)- add a bit more as needed
- To a high-speed blender add the banana, yogurt, strawberries, and ice, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment