This Starbucks Strawberry Crème Frappuccino is the ultimate copycat to your favorite coffee shop recipe. It is one of many Starbucks popular drinks that you can recreate at home using simple ingredients. This recipe doesn’t use vanilla ice cream making it a little more true to the Starbucks frappuccinos you can get in-store.
Since you are here, make sure to check out this matcha frappuccino from Starbucks, vanilla bean cream frappuccino, strawberry acai refresher, and this mango dragon fruit refresher.
As the weather is warming up the only thing I am craving is a good old
This is the best Starbucks strawberry frappuccino recipe ever!
This cream-based Frappuccino makes for a delicious summer drink for yourself or a special treat for your friends and family if you love hosting and treating others to something a little sweet. The best part is that it will cost you
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe will cost you a fraction of the price of the real deal drink that you usually get at Starbucks.
- It is simple and can be made in only a few minutes.
- This drink is made with real strawberries making it even tastier than the strabucks drink.
- The strawberry jam or sauce can be made in advance and stored for later making it easier to make the drink whenever the cravings hit.
- Making this at home allows you to control the ingredients that go in it.
Ingredients for this Starbucks strawberry frappuccino
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this strawberry cream drink. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Whole milk
- Fresh strawberries
- White grape juice- Starbucks uses white grape juice concentrate in their beverage, but we’ll be using this instead.
- Granulated sugar
- Xanthan gum– This will allow the ice and milk plus strawberry sauce to emulsify giving us that perfect frappe consistency that we all love so much. You can omit it but the drink will be icy and not as pleasant texturally.
- Whipped cream
How to make this homemade strawberry frappuccino
This is how you can make Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
Start by making the strawberry sauce
- In a small pan, cook the strawberries, white sugar, and white grape juice until you can easily mash the strawberries. This will take about 5-10 minutes
- Blend the mixture so that it is smooth and set aside to cool.
Make the frappuccino
- In a clean blender, add the ice, milk, and some of the strawberry puree sauce.
- Blend until smooth.
- Take the additional strawberry syrup and drizzle it on the sides of the glass you are serving your drink in.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Is this similar to a strawberry milkshake?
Kind of but not really? Starbucks makes their Strawberry Crème Frappuccino by using a strawberry sauce both as a drizzle in the cup and also in the mix and ice mixture. The texture will be similar to a milkshake but the process is completely different since milkshakes are made with ice cream and Starbucks frappuccinos aren’t.
Can I make this drink dairy free?
You sure can and here are a few of my favorite dairy-free milk options you can use instead of whole milk:
- Almond milk
- Oat milk
- Coconut milk
Starbucks strawberry frappuccino
Starbucks strawberry creme frappuccino
For the strawberry syrup
- ⅔ cup strawberries Fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup white grape juice
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Frappuccino
- 1 cup ice
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- whipped cream for topping
For the strawberry syrup
- To a small or medium saucepan add the grape juice, strawberries, and granulated sugar and bring to a simmer over medium heat.⅔ cup strawberries, ¼ cup white grape juice, 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 8 minutes, making sure to mash the strawberries from time to time to really allow them to infuse.
- Transfer to a tall measuring cup and blend using an emulsion blender. You can also blend this with a regular blender. Chill for later.
For the strawberry frappuccino
- Add the milk, strawberry sauce minus two tablespoons, xanthan gum, and ice to a high-speed blender, and blend well.1 cup ice, ⅔ cup milk, ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
- To a tall glass add the 2 tablespoons of strawberry sauce that you set aside and pour the blendeds strawberry frappuccino over that. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!whipped cream
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment