Starbucks Strawberry acai refresher is an insanely refreshing and delicious drink that you can make at home with simple ingredients that you can grab at your local grocery store and on Amazon. It is sweet, refreshing, and fruity perfect for a hot summer day.
Since you are here, make sure to take a look at the Starbucks peach green tea refresher, the Starbucks dragonfruit refresher, this Starbucks sweet cream cold brew, as well as this salted caramel cold brew recipe.
For some reason, the Strawberry acai refresher or the pink drink from Starbucks always hits the spot on a hot summer day. It is not only an insanely delicious fruity drink but it packs light punch of caffeine thanks to the green coffee extract making it the perfect beverage for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Amongst many Starbucks refreshers, this one usually will take the trone because it is so simple yet so delicious.
This is the best copycat Starbucks strawberry acai refresher
Since we are all fans of Starbucks here, I am happy to say that we can recreate our own strawberry acai refreshers in the comfort of our own homes with ingredients that might already be in the pantry.
So without further ado let’s get into making our favorite and most popular drink from Starbucks! The strawberry acai refresher.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Cost-effective- This will save you a ton of money in the long run because we all know that the Strawberry refresher at Staburcks is not cheap.
- Convenient- Can’t be the convenience of not having to wait in line at the store or at your local Starbucks drive-through.
- Customizable- Making this drink at home allows you to customize it to your liking. Want more caffeine, add a little extra green coffee bean powder. Want more freeze-dried strawberries, why not?!
- Healthier- By making this drink at home you can control the quality of each ingredient and in turn make your strawberry acai drink a little healthier.
- Fun and creative- Nothing beats a little creativity in the kitchen or while making your cold drinks, and this homemade version will allow you to do just that.
what is in a strawberry acai refresher
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this popular refresher flavor at home, most of the ingredients should be at your local grocery stores or can be purchased on Amazon. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Tazo passion fruit tea concentrate– This is to give it that passion fruit flavor without having to purchase passionfruit juice or passion fruit puree because that can be a little bit more on the pricy side.
- White grape juice- Make sure to use white grape juice and not apple juice.
- Acai powder- This is to really bring out that acai flavor in this drink.
- Freeze-dried strawberries– We will need to crush some of these to mix in the drink and the rest can be used as a garnish. We will also use some freeze-dried strawberry powder in the drink to give it more of a strawberry flavor as well.
- Green coffee bean extract– To give it a little kick of caffeine. Omit to make this a caffeine-free drink.
- Ice cubes
Feel free to use some fresh strawberries for garnish as well if you’d like.
How to make this delicious recipe
This is how you can make this recipe in a few easy steps. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- To a shaker add the passion tea, grape juice, açaí powder green coffee bean extract, freeze-dried strawberry powder, and ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a tall glass full of ice and a few tablespoons of freeze-dried strawberry slices.
- Stir with a straw and enjoy on a hot day or anytime really.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store leftover acai strawberry refresher?
If you have leftovers, remove the ice and store it in an airtight container like a large mason jar for up to 2 days in the fridge. Shake well and add ice before enjoying it again.
How can I make the coconut version?
To the shaker add a little coconut milk and shake well. Serve as you would the regular strawberry acai refresher. I will put up a recipe for this refreshing drink on the blog very soon as well. The sweet strawberry flavors and the creamy coconut pair so well together and makes for a really pretty pink drink.
How can I turn this into a strawberry acai lemonade refresher?
Lemonade goes so well with this recipe as well. I you want to transform this into a lemonade strawberry acai refresher, all you have to do is add ½ the amount of grape juice and the other half can be replaced with either storebought lemonade or homemade lemonade. Feel free to use either homemade or storebought lemonade to make this drink just be sure to taste your drink and adjust for sweetness.
Want a sweeter drink? Add more grape juice or lemonade. Want it less sweet? Add a little more passion tea.
strawberry acai refresher recipe
Starbucks strawberry acai refresher
- 1 cup ice
- ⅓ cup Tazo Passion Fruit Tea concentrate, chilled
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white grape juice
- 1 teaspoon acai powder such as honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder
- 1-2 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberries for garnish
- ½-1 tablespoon simple syrup 1:1 ratio of granulated sugar and hot water. Red the notes.
- ½ teaspoon green coffee extract powder omit for non caffeinated drink
- In a shaker cup add ½ the ice, the Tazo passion fruit tea, water, white grape juice, acai powder, freeze-dried strawberry powder, simple syrup, and green coffee extract powder if using.1 cup ice, ⅓ cup Tazo Passion Fruit Tea, ¼ cup water, ½ cup white grape juice, 1 teaspoon acai powder, 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder, ½-1 tablespoon simple syrup, ½ teaspoon green coffee extract powder
- Close the shaker tightly and shake well to combine.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and freeze dried srawberries. Pour the homemade strawberry acai refresher over the ice and enjoy with a straw.1-2 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberries
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!