This post will show you how to make banana bread without eggs with simple ingredients that you already have at home. It yields a sweet loaf that is packed with delicious banana and spice flavors. This recipe can be tweaked to your liking, with the add-ins you prefer, or just with cinnamon and nutmeg for a delicious afternoon snack.
With egg prices soaring insanely this year I think even us non-vegan people are looking for a good egg-free banana bread recipe because this is getting absolutely obnoxious.
I mean we have bananas that have been sitting there waiting for the next time we decide to use them up but that next time never comes because, well everything is expensive and we would rather save those eggs for something else.
This is the best eggless banana bread recipe ever!
Plus with hundreds of banana bread recipes online it was a bit hard to find the right one, a lot of them were pretty gummy (thanks to not using any eggs) and lacked that depth of flavor that comes from the eggs as well.
So I took it upon myself to make an original recipe for a moist bread that tastes out of this world as well.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is an easy eggless banana bread recipe.
- This quick bread has an amazing banana flavor in it.
- It is moist, flavorful, and easy to customize to your liking.
- This recipe can be made with regular dairy products or with Vegan items as well.
- It is made in just one bowl, AKA perfect for easy clean-up!
What’s the secret to how to make banana bread with no eggs?
My biggest secret to making the perfect banana bread without eggs is using overripe bananas as well as adding a little extra baking powder to make it extra fluffy and delicious. Trust me with this recipe you might actually not go back to making regular banana bread.
Ingredients for the best banana bread with no eggs.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Flour- All-purpose flour works great for this.
- Cinnamon & nutmeg – These will add a nice depth of flavor helping with the taste of the banana bread.
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Overripe bananas- Make sure to use very ripe bananas to add sweetness and moisture to the bread
- granulated sugar & brown sugar
- Greek yogurt or sour cream – I know this makes this loaf, not Vegan, but feel free to use vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream for this step to keep it vegan.
- Oil- I used melted coconut oil for this but you can also use regular butter, vegetable oil, olive oil, or even vegan butter for this to add more flavor
- Vanilla extract
- Chocoalte chunks or nuts- You can add chopped-up chocolate, chocolate chips, or nuts to the banana bread to elevate it.
How to make this easy banana bread recipe
This is how you can make this easy Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a large bowl mash the bananas.
- Add in the yogurt or sour cream, oil, vanilla extract, and both sugars to the mashed banana mixture and mix until combined,
- Mix in the dry ingredients gently but make sure not to overmix this.
- Add in the chocolate chips/chunks/nuts and mix until combined.
- Pour in the banana bread batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake in the oven.
- Allow the quick bread to cool down fully before slicing into it and enjoying it.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this eggless banana cake for later?
To store this for later you can either wrap the whole loaf with plastic wrap or slice individual slices it and place them in an airtight container and into the fridge for up to 7 days. Make sure to let it get back to room temperature before enjoying it or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up.
Can I freeze this delicious bread?
Yes! Again you can freeze the whole loaf in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap or slice it and freeze it that way so it’s easier to. pull out just a few slices when needed.
Allow it to thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
What are some egg substitutes for banana bread?
A lot of time you can actually use the banana instead of the egg which is what we did here but here are some other egg replacer iceas to try in your next banana bread:
- Flax eggs
- Apple sauce
- Chia egg
Is there a way to accelerate the ripening of bananas?
If you don’t have ripe bananas and want to make this, place your bananas in a paper brown bag, close it, and allow it to sit on the counter overnight. The next morning your bananas will be ready for this recipe.
What is the best way to mash bananas?
Out of laziness I usually mash the bananas with my electric hand mixer or stand mixer, but mashing them with a fork works just as well. For an ultra-smooth texture, you could also run the bananas in a food processor or a blender. This will make the banana bread texture very soft, but if you like chunky bananas in your banana bread I would recommend doing it by hand.
Is banana bread healthy?
I can see how this can be a question because we are using bananas and they’re technically healthy but this bread isn’t really healthy. It uses sugar, flour, and fats that can be seen as a bit much but healthy can be defined in many different ways. So technically in moderation, this is fine for you!
No egg banana bread recipe
Eggless banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a 8.5×4.5 loaf pan with parchemnt paper and set aside.
- in a large bowl, mash the bananas then whisk in the brown sugar, grnaulated sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract and oil untli combined.3 ripe bananas, ½ cup granulated sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup greek yogurt or sour cream ,, ½ cup oil, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg if using, baking powder, and baking soda.1 & ¾ cup flour, 2 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, 2 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Fold in the chocolate chunks then pour the batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 53-55 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.4 oz chocolate chunks
- Allow the loaf to cool down before slicing into it and enjoying.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!