The easiest chewy eggless chocolate chip cookies ever! These are made with a secret ingredient that replaces the egg so perfectly. Add to that a few other simple ingredients to make the most delicious cookies that have almost the exact same text, mouth feel, and texture to regular egg chocolate chip cookies.
Since you are here you might also enjoy this eggless peanut butter cookie dough, edible snickerdoodle cookie dough, and this eggless sugar cookie dough.
Is it just me or did the cost of eggs insanely increase in the past few weeks? You know, gas I was okay with but when it came to my eggs I was truly bothered!!
I mean as an avid baking lover, I can go through a dozen in a few days no problem at all! Now I’m having to pay so much for eggs, so I took it upon myself to find some fun recipes that don’t use eggs… like this one!!
This is the best eggless cookie recipe ever!
I was a bit scared and also very skeptical but surprisingly enough, this recipe works and yields a super soft and chewy cookie just like its counterpart that uses eggs. Except that this one doesn’t and will save you precious $$ that you can now spend on overpriced butter.
Plus these little treats are the perfect dessert for birthday parties or special occasions because you can make a big batch and won’t have to use any eggs at all!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Delicious chocolate chip cookies without eggs, yes, please!
- These cookies end up being a bit cheaper than the ones with eggs, in this economy I call it a win!
- They are made in one bowl, AKA easy clean-up.
- This recipe comes together in no time.
- These cookies are perfect for anyone who has egg allergies.
- This recipe yields a cookie with crispy edges and a chewy center, just like any chocolate chip cookie should be!
- No chilling time required!
Ingredients for these eggless cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter as long as it is at room temperature.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar- The mixture of sugar gives these cookies the perfect texture and an amazing depth of flavor. I used light brown sugar but feel free to use dark brown sugar as well for a deeper flavor.
- Cream cheese- Make sure to use room-temperature cream cheese. This ingredient is used in place of the egg.
- Vanilla extract– This will give extra depth of flavor.
- All-purpose flour – All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda- This is our leavening agent for the recipe.
- Salt- Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sugar in the recipe.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips & mini chocolate chips– I use this mix but you can also use chocolate chunks instead or even mix in some peanut butter chips in there too.
How to make the best eggless chocolate chip cookies?
This is how you can make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Crean the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Mix in the flour mixture just until the flour disappears.
- Fold in the regular chocolate chips as well as the mini chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a cookie scoop then place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack.
- Let the baked cookies cool down for a few minutes before enjoying them!
You can make this recipe by hand by using a whisk and a spatula or spoon, with a stand mixer and a paddle attachment, or with an electric mixer. PS: If you tried this recipe make sure to let me know your thoughts on it at the bottom of the post.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these chewy cookies?
You can place the cooled-down cookies in an airtight container and store them at room temperature for up to 4 days. I love popping them back into the microwave to get them all gooey before enjoying them.
Can I freeze these eggless chocolate chip cookies?
For best results, place the cooled-down cookies in an air-tight container and freeze them for up to 3 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for a few hours.
I also love microwaving them quickly to get to enjoy them faster.
How to make gluten free chocolate chip cookies without eggs?
If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, all you have to do is use Bob’s Red Mill, or King Arthur Flour 1:1 GF flour instead of the regular all-purpose flour I’m using here.
What is the secret to gooey chocolate chip cookies?
The biggest reason your cookies might not be turning out super ooey gooey is probably that you overbake the cookies. When you undertake them a little they will keep baking on the hot baking sheet but will yield a more chewy gooey cookie.
Can I eat eggless cookie dough?
Okay, so if you have an egg allergy this might seem like the cookie dough that you can eat but you have to keep in mind that raw flour can also contain some bacterias that can make you sick. So I would avoid eating this raw cookie dough and instead make this edible chocolate chip cookie dough to enjoy safely whenever the craving hits.
Eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe
Eggless chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup butter salted or unsalted, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cream cheese 4oz softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the softened cream cheese and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt just until the flour mixture disappears. Mix in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and the mini chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Scoop these cookies with a large cookie scooper, place on the baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Before pulling the pan out of the oven lift the baking sheet about 3-4 inches off the rack and gently drop it, this will allow the cookies to thin out just enough to give us that perfect chocoalte chip cookie.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet (outside of the oven) for 20 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment