This edible funfetti cookie dough for one is made with no eggs and heat treated flour to make it safe to it. It is the perfect cookie dough for personal celebrations because… sprinkles!! It is super easy to whip up with less than 5 minutes of hands on work.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
It’s finally my birthday month and as I already said on Instagram, we are celebrating all month long!
And when I hear celebration, my mind automatically goes towards funfetti anything and sprinkles so I turned that celebration inspo into this edible funfetti cookie dough recipe for one.
I usually prefer looking at sprinkles instead of eating them because they don’t seem to taste like much to me. But many people requested this recipe so I had to incorporate it this month!
This is the best edible funfetti cookie dough recipe ever!
So since we have been going all out with the cookie doughs in the past few weeks, I decided to add this one to the blog for all my friends who need a nice little treat to keep them going but don’t want to make a whole batch.
More cookie dough recipes you will love!
What’s so special about this edible funfetti cookie dough recipe?
- So easy to make
- Fun to look at (and eat!)
- Will be eaten right away ( yay no leftovers because the fridge is stuffed)
- Perfect for portion control
- Versatile and can be changed to your liking!
Ingredients for edible funfetti cookie dough
Here are the ingredients you will need to make homemade edible funfetti cookie dough for one, don’t forget to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed ingredient list:
- Butter- You will need softened or room temperature butter.
- Brown and granulated sugar– These are used to sweeten your cookie dough and give it the traditional cookie flavor.
- heavy cream– Since this recipe doesn’t use eggs, we will use heavy cream instead as the binding agent.
- vanilla– Can’t have cookies without vanilla extract.
- salt– You will need a little salt to balance out the sweetness of this cookie dough.
- flour– This recipe uses heat treated flour to make it safe to eat.
- Sprinkles– You can use any sprinkles you want to make this edible funfetti cookie dough recipe.
Here are a few things you can substitute in this recipe, don’t have:
- Vanilla extract? Use almond extract, it will make your cookie dough complex and luxurious.
- Heavy whipping cream? Use milk instead, it will work just as well.
Make this edible funfetti cookie dough extra special
I love dressing up my edible funfetti cookie dough and here is how I do just that! You can add in:
- White chocolate chips
- Mini semi sweet chocolate chips
How to make edible funfetti cookie dough at home
Here is how you can make this homemade edible cookie dough, make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed recipe!
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the heavy whipping cream and mix until incorporated.
- Cool your cooked flour and add in to the wet mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Sprinkles! Now add in as little of or as much sprinkles as you’d like, mix and enjoy!
Is it safe to eat funfetti cookie dough?
Parents, probably told you not to eat raw cookie dough because it was unsafe. This is because of two things, raw eggs, and raw flour.
Yup, you heard it right. Raw flour can be unsafe to eat raw because it can contain e-coli. So make sure to heat treat your flour before eating it.
Do I have to bake the flour for my edible cookie dough?
Turn on your oven to 350F and bake the flour that’s placed on a parchment lined baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let it cool before using it in your safe to eat cookie dough recipe.
I don’t have an oven, can I bake the flour in the microwave?
If you don’t have an oven, you can still heat treat your flour in the microwave.
Place the flour in a microwave safe dish and microwave it for 1 minute and 15 seconds at the highest setting, making sure to stir after every 15 second intervals (so 5 times), let it cool, then use it in this recipe!
How to store edible cookie dough?
You can store this edible cookie dough in the fridge for up to 7 days if. you have any leftover. I ate it all in one sitting :’) !
Can you freeze edible cookie dough?
You can freeze your cookie in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
How to eat cookie dough?
- Just as is.
- Make truffles out of it and drizzle it with white or dark chocolate.
- Mix it into ice cream .
- Use it to stuff cookies, or decorate cakes or cupcakes.
Tips to make the best edible cookie dough for one
Here are a few helpful tips to make the best safe to eat cookie dough for one:
- If the cookie dough it too thin add about ½ teaspoon baked flour and stir again and see if you reached your preferred consistency. Keep going until you get the desired cookie dough texture.
- If the cookie dough is too thick for your liking add more liquid about ¼ teaspoon of heavy whipping cream at a time. Stir and see if you reached the desired consistency, keep going until you like what you made!
- Add as much of as little sprinkles as you’d like. This is a very forgiving recipe and we want it to fit your likings!
- Don’t bake this cookie dough– I don’t want you to have high expectations if you decided to bake this cookie dough. IT will be thin and crispy, not your usually soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Edible funfetti cookie dough recipe
If you tried and enjoyed this edible funfetti cookie dough for one recipe, make sure to give it a 5 star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
Edible funfetti cookie dough for one
- 1 & ½ tablespoon butter softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 & ½ tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- In a small bowl, star by creaming the butter, the brown sugar, and the granulated sugar together. Add in the vanilla and the heavy whipping cream and mix again.
- Add in the cooked and cooled flour and a pinch of salt and mix well. Add in the sprinkles, mix one last time and enjoy your fantastic edible cookie dough treat!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here
Did you enjoy this small batch funfetti cookie dough recipe? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Can you cook the flour in the microwave?