Edible cookie monster cookie dough, made eggless and safe to eat without baking or having to turn on your oven! This fun and delicious sweet treat is bright blue, packed with Oreo cookie chunks, Chips Ahoy chunks, and mini chocolate chips.
Since you’re here, I know you will also love this No Bake Edible Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough, Edible Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Recipe, as well as this sugar cookie dough!
If you are looking for something fun, and delicious, but also super quick to come together you have come to the right place! This edible blue cookie monster cookie dough is a fun twist on your regular cookie monster stuffed cookies.
It is made with a handful of ingredients that you probably already have at home and will be enough to satisfy any and all sweet tooth.
This is the best Sesame street cookie monster edible cookie dough ever!
And let’s be honest, we all love to sneak a little bite of cookie dough whenever we’re making the regular oven baked cookies. So this time we are going for something that is a little safer to eat.
Also, yes I know that most of us didn’t have anything happen to us from eating cookie dough. But it is always better to stay on the safe side. Flour can contain bacterias that can cause salmonella and no one wants to deal with all that.
So this recipe microwave the flour for a little to make sure that it is safe to eat and won’t cause any trouble. Plus if you have egg allergy this is for you too!
Why you need to make this cookie monster themed dessert recipe!
- It is a one-bowl recipe. YAY for less dishes
- This recipe would be great for Sesame Street-themed parties.
- It is also a smaller batch kind of recipe so enough to satisfy you but not enough to be too much. Bonus points, you can easily double or triple it though.
- This recipe uses no eggs and heat-treated flour to really stay on the safer side.
Ingredients for this cookie monster cookie dough recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this recipe at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– Use salted or unsalted butter as long as it is softened.
- Brown & granulated sugar
- vanilla extract– This will elevate your cookie dough a lot more.
- Blue food coloring– I used the Wilton blue food coloring but you can also use the Americolor one as well.
- Heavy cream – This is our binding agent, it is used instead of the eggs.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Oreos, Chips Ahoy cookies, and mini chocolate chips
Other optional mixins
- Peanut butter chips
- White chocolate chips
- Golden Oreos
- Nutter butter cookies
Just make sure to keep the ratios even because otherwise these will be too much mixins as opposed to cookie dough.
How to make this blue edible cookie dough?
This is how you can make this. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add in the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and blue food coloring and mix.
- Mix in the heat-treated flour and salt until combined.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos, chips ahoy, and mini chocoalte chips, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this safe to eat cookie dough?
You can store this cookie dough in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH?
Yes! Freeze in an air-tight container for up to 2 months.
Thank in the fridge overnight once you’re ready to enjoy it or let it thaw on the countertop for an hour or so.
IS THIS A SMALL BATCH RECIPE?
Yes! This eggless cookie dough recipe makes a smaller amount of cookie dough but definitely more than just a single serving.
It is perfect if you enjoy baking or throwing together smaller portions to get to try more recipes more regularly.
HOW TO HEAT TREAT FLOUR?
- Bake the flour at 350F for 5 minutes before letting it cool then using it in your edible cookie dough recipe is a must. This technique will eliminate any harmful bacteria that could be in the flour.
- Microwave the AP flour in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals until it reaches 165F. About 1 minute and 15-30 seconds. Stir in between every time.
Can you bake this monster cookie cookie dough?
This recipe isn’t made for baking, unfortunately. You can eat it as is or mix it into your ice cream instead!
Edible Cookie Monster Cookie Dough
Cookie Monster cookie dough recipe (safe-to-eat)
- ¼ cup butter softened, salted or unsalted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon blue food coloring
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 Oreos chopped up
- 3 Chips Ahoy cookies chopped up
- 1-2 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the heavy cream, the vanilla extract, and the bloe food coloring.
- Mix in the heat-treated flour, and salt.
- Fold in the chopped-up Oreos, Chips Ahoy, and mini chocolate chips. Enjoy or store in the fridge for later.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment