These air fryer baked oats are made in the air fryer instead of the oven because sometimes you might not want to turn on your oven in the morning. This baked oats recipe was made famous by Tiktok and it might’ve been the best invention ever! Cake for breakfast, yes, please!!
Since you’re here, I know you’ll love The softest Crumbl Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Overnight strawberries and cream oats, Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies and the Honey Oatmilk Latte recipe Starbucks Inspired.
Last year as baked oats were the newest Tiktok craze, I started making them in the air fryer. That thought mainly streamed from the fact that I didn’t want to turn on the oven in the middle of summertime in vegas. I mean when the temperature gets up to 110F, I promise you that turning on the oven is so dreadful…
So I did it a few times a week to switch up my breakfast and fell absolutely in love with it because it’s pretty much a healthy cake that you can eat anytime without feeling weighed down and sluggish.
This is the best air fryer baked oats ever!
These air fryer baked oats are a fun little treat or breakfast option because they can be made with so many different variations so it truly feels like you’re having a different breakfast recipe every morning.
This recipe is made without eggs so so it is vegan and can be gluten-free if you use the right gluten-free oats. Keep reading to see exactly how you can make this happen at your own house with your air fryer.
What is baked oatmeal?
Well, as per the title baked oatmeal, it is oatmeal that you cook in the oven.
I think the best way to describe baked oatmeal is that it’s some sort of a denser type of cake that you make using breakfast ingredients plus some baking powder for leavening.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe is amazing because is it made in the air fryer instead of the oven.
- You can prepare these in advance and enjoy them the next day for breakfast.
- This is a clean and healthy breakfast recipe that stil tastes like a treat.
Ingredients for this air fryer baked oats
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these air fryer-baked oats. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oats– For this recipe I use old fashioned oats, I haven’t tried anything else instead of the old fashioned ones so if you’d like to try quick oats instead let me know how the recipe turned out. Make sure not to go for steel cut oats, those are too hard. If you are trying to make this baked oatmeal recipe gluten free, make sure to grab gluten free oats.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will give a little height to these baked oatmeal cups.
- Banana- The banana in this recipe is used instead of the egg to bind everything together.
- Peanut butter– That extra fat in the nut butter helps keep the baked oats super moist and adds a nice little hint of nutty flavor. If you have allergies you can opt for snflower seed butter.
- Honey– The honey will add a bit of sweetness to our baked oats. If you want to make this recipe vegan you can use maple syrup instead.
- Vanilla extract– This will giv eour oats more depth of flavor.
- Cinnamon– The cinnamon will also help elevate the flavor of our baked oats.
- Salt– The salt will help bring out the sweetness of this recipe.
- Milk– You can use any milk you’d like for this recipe.
- Chocolate chips/blueberries- These are a few of my favorite mix-ins. They make this baked oatmeal more cake like.
How to make baked oats in the air fryer
This is how you can make baked oats in the air fryer. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender minus the mix ins and blend until smooth.
- Spray ramequins with non stick cooking spray.
- Divide the oat mixture between two ramequins and bake in the air fryer.
- Let the baked oats cool down for 5-10 minutes before serving.
What to serve with baked oats?
I personally think that baked oats on their own are to die for but sometimes I like to switch it up a bit and serve them with:
- Yogurt on top
- Fresh fruits
- a side of hashbrowns
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Is baked oatmeal healthy?
Honestly healthy depends on what your definition of healthy is.
I personally think that baked oatmeal is healthy because number one, you are making at home from scratch. Two, it uses simple ingredients that all have benefits to you and will keep you fuller for longer.
And last but not least, baked oatmeal is such a treat that’ll make your soul feel so good, so yes, I think it’s great for you!
What does baked oatmeal taste like?
Baked oatmeal has a similar texture to a cake but is a bit softer in the center. It is lightly sweetened with the banana and the honey and has this smooth nutty flavor from the peanut butter. It’s an insanely delicious and healthy way to eat oats!
Air fryer baked oatmeal variations
Even though this recipe uses chocolate chips, sometimes I like to switch it up to keep this breakfast option fresh and exciting. Here are a few of my favorite variations of this recipe:
- Mix-ins– When it comes to mix-ins these oats cake literally take anything. I love making this with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, m&m’s, freze dried fruits, raisins, toasted shredded coconut.
- Fillings- I’m sure you’ve seen all those very instagrammy baked oats that explode in the center with sweet liquidy goodness. Well you too can fill your baked oatmeal with peanut butter, crunchy or smooth, almond butter, cookie butter…
- Fruits– Fresh fruits has 100% taken my baked oatmeal to the next level time and time again and now is your time to play around with adding in your favorite fruits to the mix. Make sure to chop up your fruits into small cubes and mix in the batter before baking. Some of my favorite fruits to mix into this baked oatmeal are strawberries, apples, blueberries, raspberries….
How to store air fryer baked oats
Baked oats are best enjoyed fresh but if you have to store it you can. Wrap your ramequin with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days.
To reheat it, pop it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and enjoy!
Air fryer baked oatmeal
If you made these air fryer baked oats and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Air fryer baked oats
- Start preheating the air fryer to 350F. Spray two ramekins with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a blender, blend the old fashioned oats, baking powder, banana, milk, peanut butter, honey, salt, cinnamon, vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter into the two ramequins, Pour enough to fill ⅔ of the ramequins in each one, and bake in the air fryer for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the baked oatmeal cool down for 10 minutes before enjoying! Be careful the ramekins will be hot so handle with care.
How to store air fryer baked oatsBaked oats are best enjoyed fresh but if you have to store it you can. Wrap your ramequin with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat it, pop it in the microwave for 30-60 seconds and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!