Let’s talk Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. These are easy to make, soft and chewy, and packed with chocolate. If you’re an oatmeal cookie fanatic but would rather not have the raisins, fear no more. These are made using chocolate chips or chocolate chunks for all the oatmeal raisin cookie haters!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Call me da cookie queen, yall!!!
This time, I wanted to share my favorite oatmeal chocolate chip cookies ( or chocolate chunk cookies should I say, since that’s what I used). I actually can’t believe that I haven’t shared any oatmeal cookie recipe on my blog yet… That’s kinda crazy to me since, I personally love all oatmeal cookies. raisins and all!
I do know that not everyone loves raisin cookies though, so I opted for this one first. Trying to make everyone happy here 🙂 Don’t worry my fellow raisin oatmeal cookie lovers, you’ll get your recipe soon… and it’s out of this world delicious.
This is your newest favorite no chill oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe!
It makes just the right amount of cookies and turns out perfect every time. When the oatmeal cookie cravings hit, this is usually my go to. I also like to freeze the cookie dough for those days where I don’t specifically want to make the cookie dough, but want to eat the cookies!
Made these using butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and all the chocolate chips for an incredible mouth feel and a flavor that’s out of this world.
What’s so special about these oatmeal cookies?
I feel like every cookie is special in its own little way, well same goes for this one 🙂
- These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are not overly huge. They’re just the right size for a quick little snack.
- This recipe could be considered a small batch oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe, so yay for portion control!
- It is chewy, buttery and had deep notes of molasses because of the brown sugar.
- These cookies are loaded with chocolate chips/chunks! When making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, we go all out. We don’t play around!
- Top it with sea salt flakes for the perfect sweet and salty treat 🙂
- No chilling require for this recipe! That’s always a plus in my books 🙂
Ingredients to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
To make these magical oatmeal cookies, you will need:
- Flour- All purpose flour in this case is what you will need.
- Baking soda– baking soda will give these oat cookies a gentle list.
- Salt– Always, always, always use salt in your baked goods unless you are using salted butter.
- Butter– You will need some room temperature butter for this cookie recipe.
- Sugar– A little granulated sugar to sweeten the cookies.
- Brown sugar– Also some brown sugar to give them their soft and chewy molasses flavor.
- Vanilla – I love adding vanilla to my cookies always!
- Egg yolk– You will need one room temp egg yolk for this recipe.
- Heavy cream – Heavy cream will keep these cookie nice and moist.
- Oats– Use old fashioned oats for this recipe.
- Chocolate chunks or chips– Semi sweet or dark chocolate chips are preferable. Always use really good quality chocolate in your cookies to have the flavor shine through.
Can I add nuts to my oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies?
Absolutely! Nuts are always welcome when it comes to oatmeal cookies. They add the perfect nutty flavor that pairs delightfully with the oatmeal flavor.
In this case you could add ¼ cup pecans, walnuts, coconuts, or even almonds if you’d like. It’ll take your cookies from delicious to ultra delicious!
How to make easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
First, start by preheating the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, oats. and salt and set aside.
In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter and both sugar for 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla, the egg yolk and the heavy cream and mix until incorporated, another 1 minute.
Add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until the flour disappears. Fold in the chocolate chunks or chips.
Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out equally sized chocolate cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet making sure to leave at least 2 inches between each cookies. They will spread while baking. Bake for 8-9 minutes, then pull them out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling wrack. (this step is very important to keep the cookies soft and chewy so don’t skip it!)
More small batch cookie recipes!
- Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies + VIDEO
- This small batch snickerdoodle cookies recipe
- Small Batch Brownie Cookie Recipe
- Also these Small batch peanut butter cookies
Tips to make the best oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies
When making these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies a few tips that will help you make the best batch would be:
- Don’t over mix! To keep the cookies soft and chewy avoid over mixing the dry mixture into the wet mixture. Once the flour disappears, stop mixing and fold in your chocolate chips 🙂
- Bake the cookies as soon as the dough is mixed! The flour and oats will continue absorbing the moisture from these cookies as they sit. So whenever the cookie dough is ready bake it for the best moist chocolate chip oat cookies! If you decide to wait, the cookies won’t spread as much but will be just as tasty 🙂
- Don’t over bake! We want to keep out oatmeal cookies as chewy as possible. The cookies might seem a little raw still when you pull them out of the oven but don’t worry they will continue cooking as they cool down.
- Don’t let the cookies stay on the hot baking sheet for too long! Once you pull the cookies out of the oven, let them cool on the hot baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and immediately move them to a cooling rack. This will keep them from over baking and becoming hard. Don’t skip this tip!!!
You see the pattern here, over doing anything is a no go for these cookies!
Life changing oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (small batch)
If you made these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and liked them, don’t forget to leave a 5 star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton 🙂
No Chill Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup oats
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ cup chocolate chip
- First, start by preheating the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, oats. and salt and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter and both sugar for 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla, the egg yolk and the heavy cream and mix until incorporated, another 2-3 minute. You want your mixture to be light and fluffy.
- Add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix just until the flour disappears. Fold in the chocolate chunks or chips.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out 14 equally sized chocolate cookie dough balls and place them on the baking sheet making sure to leave at least 2 inches between each cookies. They will spread a little while baking. Bake for 10 minutes, then pull them out of the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling wrack. (don't skip this step to get the best chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies)
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here! If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to leave us a comment down below.
In the mean time don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
These came out amazing. I love all these recipes.
So happy to hear that!