These Crumbl caramel popcorn cookies are made with a thick buttery cookie base then topped with a smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting. As if that weren’t enough, each cookie is then topped with caramel corn and extra caramel sauce to finish it off. They are absolutely divine!
Since you’re here, you need to try the Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies, Frosted Crumbl Caramel Pumpkin Cookies Copycat Recipe, CRUMBL Caramel Coconut Fudge Cookies as well as this Easy Fail Proof Homemade Caramel Sauce.
For national popcorn day, Crumbl released their caramel popcorn cookies, and let me tell you, I’m obsessed!! They are made with a thick cookie that is then topped with a homemade cream cheese caramel frosting, caramel popcorn, and some more caramel sauce on top.
To be honest, from one popcorn addict to another, this recipe was a god-sent. Especially since I’m also addicted to caramel sauce. It combined two of my favorite things into one so I knew I had to recreate it ASAP!
This is the best Crumbl caramel popcorn cookies ever!
When I made this recipe, I tried to use butter vanilla emulsion to try and get the cookie base to taste as similar to the real thing as possible. I think it was a success because the butteriness of these cookies was unmatched.
The cool thing is that this emulsion is not as expensive as the real vanilla extract but packs a stronger punch and will make your cookies taste very similar to the Crumbl cookies that you would get in stores.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s the perfect cookie for caramel lovers.
- These cookies have the perfect balance or caramel and popcorn.
- They are made with simple ingredients.
- This crumbl caramel corn cookie will help you save money in the long run.
- You will be able to make and enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookie recipe at home anytime of the year. No need to wait for Crumbl to release these again.
Ingredients for this Crumbl caramel popcorn cookie recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this crumbl caramel popcorn cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter as long as it’s softened.
- Brown & granulated sugar– The cookie base uses a mix of sugars to give it that perfect texture.
- Egg– The egg is our binding agent here. Make sure to use an egg at room temperature.
- Butter vanilla emulsion– The butter vanilla flavoring is what. Iused for the cookie base to give them that iconic Crumbl buttery cookie flavor.
- Caramel flavoring– The caramel flavoring is optional but will add a nice hint of caramel to the cookies.
- Flour– AP flour will work great for this recipe.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness of the recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will add a little height to the cookies.
- Cream cheese– Make sure to use softened cream cheese for the frosting.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar is what will sweeten the frosting.
- Caramel sauce– The caramel sauce that I used in this recipe was homemade but you can use homemade or store bought to make it.
- Vanilla extract- The vnailla extract is different from the butter vanilla flavoring. This one will give our frosting a nice depth of flavor.
- Caramel corn– Same thing here, you can use homemade caramel corn or store bought caramel corn.
How to make Crumbl caramel popcorn cookies
This is how you can make caramel corn cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until smoth.
- Whisk in the egg, butter vanilla flavoring, and caramel flavoring (optional), and mix until combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until the flour mixture disappears, do not over mix the cookie dough.
- Scoop out the cookie dough using a large cookie dough scooper and place on a baking sheet.
- Flatten the cookie dough to about ¾ inch in thickness and bake.
Make the caramel buttercream
- Cream the sotened butter and crea cheese until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and caramel sauce and whip again for a few more minutes until light and fluffy.
- Frost each cookie with the cream cheese frosting. I used a Wilton 2A tip to make the swirls.
- Top each cookie with caramel corn and a generous drizzle of caramel sauce.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE CRUMBL Caramel popcorn COOKIES?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Because they have cream cheese frosting it’s better not to leave them out at room temperature.
If you do prefer to leave them out at room temperature though, you can leave them unfrosted in an airtight container, and then whenever you’re ready to enjoy, frost them and enjoy!
CAN I FREEZE FROSTED Carmael popcorn COOKIES?
Absolutely! I usually prefer freezing the cookies without frosting them in an airtight container. I also freeze the frosting in a separate air-tight container. Whenever I’m ready to enjoy these cookies, I thaw both the frosting and the cookies in the fridge overnight.
Whip the frosting before piping it on the cookies, top with caramel corn again, and some caramel sauce and enjoy!
CAN I MAKE MINI CATERING SIZED caramel corn COOKIES WITH THIS RECIPE?
Instead of making 6 cookies, you will need to split each cookie dough ball in half, making 12 smaller cookies.
To bake these catering-sized Crumbl cookies, you’ll have to reduce the baking time to about 9 minutes!
Crumbl caramel Popcorn cookies
If you made these Crumbl caramel popcorn cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Caramel Popcorn Cookies
sugar Cookie base
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon butter vanilla emulsion Use regular vanilla instead if you don't have this but I highly suggest you grab a bottle.
- ½ teaspoon caramel flavoring optional
- 1 & ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Caramel cream cheese frosting
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 tablespoon caramel sauce cold
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ Caramel corn
- ¼ cup Caramel sauce
Make the funfetti cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the egg, and the butter vanilla emulsion, caramel flavoring (optional), and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt until the flour mixture disappears. Don't overmix your dough. Then using a large cookie scooper scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, and gently flatten them to about ¾ inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes, then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
Make the caramel buttercream
- In a stand mixer bowl or a large bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar, caramel, and vanilla extract, and whip for 4-5 minutes, start slow then increase the speed. You want the frosting to be light and fluffy
- Frost the cookies with the buttercream, then top with some caramel corn and a generous drizzle of caramel
How to store Crumbl caramel popcorn cookies?You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Because they have cream cheese frosting it’s better not to leave them out at room temperature. If you do prefer to leave them out at room temperature though, you can leave them unfrosted in an airtight container, and then whenever you’re ready to enjoy, frost them and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
These were spectacular! My family gobbled these up in like 2 days. All of use enjoyed them in one sitting, and the combination of a soft vanilla sugar cookie and sweet cream cheese – caramel frosting was delightful. The garnish of drizzle and popcorn pieces were so cute. I ate mine in a sitting… oops!
They turned out amazing everyone loved them! I didn’t have the caramel flavoring so I had to leave it out but they were still so good
Glad to hear you enjoyed them Jena!
This were soooo good! We even made them dairy free and they were incredible! Super easy recipe and a good size batch! Can’t wait to try more recipes! ❤️❤️
I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe! 🙂
I had a little trouble with timing because my new oven isn’t calibrated properly but I somehow managed to get the cookies texture perfect. I found the frosting to be not quite as firm as I’d like so I think when I make them again, I’ll use 4oz cream cheese instead of 3. Otherwise? A n easy cookie to make that tastes great!
You can definitely add that extra oz of cream cheese but you could also pop the frosting in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set. Or add in a tiny bit more sugar to help it set. Make sure to taste as you go so you don’t oversweeten your frosting though.