These Crumbl caramel pumpkin cookies are the best way to welcome in the fall. They are made with a soft and thick pumpkin cookie base then topped with a smooth and luscious caramel cream cheese frosting, and dusted with pumpkin pie spice.
Nothing better to ring in the fall than this Crumbl caramel pumpkin cookie recipe that the Crumbl bakery released last week. It has the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor, spices, and the smoothest cream cheese frosting. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier about September being here.
This cookie is especially special because it has a caramel cream cheese frosting. YUP! They went above and beyond to take us on this whole mouthwatering journey after each bite!
This is the best Crumbl caramel pumpkin cookies
After remaking this cookie, it reminded me of The Best CRUMBL Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies but make it fall with the pumpkin and the pumpkin pie spice. So if you have tried the other recipe and loved it, you need to try this one too as soon as you can get your hands on some pumpkin puree.
This recipe has seriously set my expectation bar pretty high for the upcoming fall Crumbl cookies, so let’s see what they bring to the table these upcoming weeks, and let’s try to recreate those too!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s the ultimate fall cookie recipe.
- The cookie dough for this recipe requires no chilling time, which means you’ll have your cookies a lot faster.
- This cookie has pumpkin in it which makes it extra fun.
- It is similar to a snickerdoodle cookie in texture, super chewy!
- Each cookie is topped with a caramel cram cheese so if that’s something you like, you’ll love these.
Ingredients for this Crumbl pumpkin caramel cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this pumpkin caramel cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown sugar– The brown sugar will make these cookies extra soft.
- Granulated sugar– The granulated sugar will help make these cookies crispy on the edges.
- Egg yolk– Instead of using a whole egg, we’re using an egg yolk remove some of the moisture and balance out th epumpkkin puree.
- Pumpkin puree– You will have to use a little pumpkin puree on the cookie dough. Make sure it’s pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla will give these cookies some extra depth of flavor.
- Pumpkin pie spice– This will give the cookies a warm fall flavor.
- Cinnamon– The cinnamon will take the cookies to the next levek.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- Flour– You will need AP flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder wil add extra leavening to these cookies.
- Cream cheese– You will need to use full fat cream cheese to make the frosting.
- Caramel– You can use either homamde caramel or store bought caramel to mix into the frosting.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar will be used ot make the cream cheese frosting.
How to make Crumbl caramel pumpkin cookies
This is how you can make these frosted pumpkin cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg yolk, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree.
- Add in the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and mix to combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough, palce it on the prepared baking sheet and bake.
Make the caramel cream cheese frosting.
- Whisk th ebutter, and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, caramel, and caramel flavoring if you decide to use that, and whisk again.
- Whip the mixture until light and fluffy, place it in a piping bag then frost your cookies.
- Dust each cookie with a little pumpkin pie spice and enjoy!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
More recipes you’ll love
- The easiest Pumpkin banana bread
- The Best Fluffy and Soft Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy Single Serve Pumpkin Mug Cake + VIDEO
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE crumbl pumpkin caramel COOKIES?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Because they have cream cheese frosting it’s better not to leave them out at room temperature.
If you do prefer to leave them out at room temperature though, you can leave them unfrosted in an airtight container, and then whenever you’re ready to enjoy, frost them and enjoy!
CAN I FREEZE frosted pumpkin COOKIES?
Absolutely! I usually prefer freezing the cookies without frosting them in an airtight container. I also freeze the frosting in a separate air-tight container. Whenever I’m ready to enjoy these cookies, I thaw both the frosting and the cookies in the fridge overnight.
Whip the frosting before piping it on the cookies and enjoying them.
Can I make mini catering sized cookies with this recipe?
Instead of making 8 cookies, you will need to split each cookie dough ball in half, making 16 smaller cookies.
To bake these catering sized Crumbl cookies, you’ll have to reduce the baking time to 9-10 minutes!
Crumbl caramel pumpkin cookies
If you made these frosted pumpkin cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Caramel Pumpkin cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth, then add in the egg yolk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract and mix again to combine.
- Add in the flour, salt, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls. Place them on a baking sheet, gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake for 13 minutes. Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 20 then transfer to a cooling rack. Let the cookies cool down to room temperature before frosting.
Make the caramel cream cheese frosting
- Cream the butter and cream cheese using a whisk attachment for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla, caramel, and powdered sugar and whip again to combine. You can add the caramel extract in this step if you chose to use that. Whip for another 3-4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Using a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the tip cut off, frost each cookie then dust with pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!
How to store Crumbl pumpkin caramel cookies?You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Because they have cream cheese frosting it’s better not to leave them out at room temperature. If you do prefer to leave them out at room temperature though, you can leave them unfrosted in an airtight container, and then whenever you’re ready to enjoy, frost them and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!