This easy pumpkin bread recipe is a fall recipe favorite, packed with cinnamon spice and loads of pumpkin flavor. Perfectly tender and moist, like any quick bread recipe should be, this makes for a great Thanksgiving breakfast.
Since you’re here, you need to try The best fluffy and soft pumpkin cinnamon rolls, Single serve pumpkin mug cake, Easy and home-made pumpkin pie as well as The best pumpkin muffins with pumpkin streusel.
As soon as September rolls around, everyone goes full-on into fall mode. People are on the search for the best pumpkin recipe as they start to daydream about everything pumpkin!
This classic pumpkin bread really delivers those fall flavors in every slice, a breakfast bread I know you are going to make time and time again.
This is the best pumpkin loaf recipe ever!
This fall spiced pumpkin bread couldn’t be simpler to make and it packs in a tonne of fall spices into every bite.
The smell alone will make you want to bake this goodness time and time again. When I tell you that this loaf will make your kitchen smell like fall heaven I mean it!
Did I also mention, that much like banana bread this tastes even better on the second day.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Easy to make
- Delicious in fall
- Smells amazing while it is baking
- No mixer required
- Extra moist and almost melt in your mouth
- Packed with a ton of pumpkin pie spice flavors
- The perfect dish for Thanksgiving breakfast
Ingredients for this easy pumpkin bread
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this quick bread. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Egg- Your eggs will need to be at room temperature to keep the bread moist and help it rise.
- Granulated & brown sugar– Gives it the right level of sweetness and the molasses in the brown sugar gives a caramel flavor to the bread which makes it extra delicious.
- Pumpkin puree– Be sure to buy puree, not canned pumpkin pie filling. They are not the same thing and you don’t want a recipe to fail because of something so simple!
- Sour cream – Used at room temperature, the sour cream helps give the bread its moisture.
- Vanilla extract – Delivers a subtle vanilla flavor to the loaf.
- Butter – Use a good quality unsalted variety.
- All-purpose flour – To get a recipe as close to the one I am sharing here, try using a kitchen scale and weigh your flour.
- Salt – Always use a little salt to balance out the sweetness of my baked goods.
- Baking powder – The baking powder will add some leavening to the bread.
- Cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger- These spices will help deliver that fall flavor.
What is pumpkin bread?
Pumpkin bread is a type of moist bread made with pumpkin puree and warm baking spices. Like other quick bread recipes, this pumpkin sweet bread is made with a leavening agent (baking powder) which is responsible for its rise, while the pumpkin puree delivers a moist, rich texture.
How to make pumpkin bread
This is how you can make this easy pumpkin bread. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix together the eggs, sugars, pumpkin puree, sour cream, vanilla, and butter.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and spices together in a separate bowl.
- Combine the wet and dry mixtures.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into a loaf pan.
- Bake the loaf and allow it to cool before enjoying it!
More pumpkin recipes you’ll love!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What to add to pumpkin bread to take it up a notch?
Try adding in chocolate chips for a great sweet surprise, or mix in nuts like pecans or walnuts. You could also try sprinkling seeds, like pumpkin or sunflower seeds on top of the loaf before it goes into the oven to bake.
This pumpkin loaf is a great way of using up ingredients you have left in the pantry, just mix in dried fruits, nuts, chocolate. The base recipe is pretty robust and will stand up to most additional ingredients.
How to store pumpkin bread?
Once the bread has cooled completely, place it in an airtight container where it will keep for up to 3 days stored at room temperature, or up to 7 days if placed in the fridge.
Once ready to eat, if you stored it in the fridge, bring it back up to room temperature to get the maximum flavor. You can also microwave it for a few seconds to a warm pumpkin bread slice.
Can pumpkin bread be frozen?
Once the bread has finished baking, allow it to cool completely so it is at room temperature, then wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. Place in an air-tight container and you can then freeze it for up to 3 months.
When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge and then bring back up to room temperature to enjoy.
Easy pumpkin bread loaf
If you made this Easy Pumpkin Loaf and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Easy moist pumpkin bread
- 9'x5 loaf pan
- 2 large egg at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Butter melted and slightly cooled down
- 1 & ⅔ cup AP flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 & ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180c then grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, sour cream, vanilla extract, and melted cooled down butter and mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger together. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet mixture and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Pour the pumpkin bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean or with only a few crumbs.
- Let the pumpkin bread cool in the loaf pan for 20 minutes before transferring it to a cooling rack to cool fully.
How to store pumpkin bread?Once the bread has cooled completely, place it in an airtight container where it will keep for up to 3 days stored at room temperature, or up to 7 days if placed in the fridge. Once ready to eat, if you stored it in the fridge, bring it back up to room temperature to get the maximum flavor. You can also microwave it for a few seconds to a warm pumpkin bread slice.
Can pumpkin bread be frozen?
Once the bread has finished baking, allow it to cool completely so it is at room temperature, then wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. Place in an air-tight container and you can then freeze it for up to 3 months.When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge and then bring back up to room temperature to enjoy.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Suuuuuper yummy! I added chocolate chips to mine and it turned out amazing! The perfect taste for fall!
That’s what I like to hear!