This pumpkin mug cake is easy to make, moist, and comes together in less than 2 minutes. It made in the microwave and yields the perfect single serve pumpkin cake ever!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Tis’ the season for all the comfort in the world, Hallmark movies every night, and of course mug cakes because they are easy to make and taste absolutely incredible!
I hope you have been staying safe and healthy. As the holiday season is quickly creeping up on us, I figured why not give add a pumpkin mug cake to my long list of mug cake recipes!?
This is the best single serve pumpkin mug cake recipe ever!
I tried making this mug cake 4 times because I perfected the recipe. I had to make sure that the sweetness was balances, the pumpkin flavors shined, and that it was as moist as possible. Law, and behold, I did all that plus some more.
After trying it for the 4th time in one day, I knew we had a winner. It was delicious, made the house smell like a bakery and made our taste buds dance. Of course, it had to be tested by my sister, boyfriend, and I. Even my sister who doesn’t like pumpkin desserts loved this one! So you’re in for a real treat.
What’s so special about this pumpkin mug cake?
- This mug cake can be baked in the microwave.
- It is as easy as mixing a few ingredients together, stirring, and cooking.
- Always makes the perfect single serving dessert.
- It does not require too many ingredients.
- Are you a college student? You can make it in your dorm room!
- This mug cake is egg-free! No eggs needed here 🙂
Ingredients for this easy mug cake
To make this single serving pumpkin dessert you will need the following ingredients:
- Butter– Melted butter is what you need for this pumpkin mug cake.
- Milk– You will need some milk at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Vanilla makes any cake delicious.
- Maple sugar– Maple sugar is the perfect sweetener for fall recipes in my opinion. It adds a nice depth of flavor to our cake.
- Pumpkin puree– You can use either canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree. Just steer clear from pumpkin pie filling because it is not the same.
- Flour– All purpose flour works perfectly for this recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice-You can either purchase your pumpkin pie spice of make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice by following this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder is gonna be our leavening agent for this cake
- Salt– Salt helps balance the sweetness of this single serve cake.
Sometimes, we don’t always have all the ingredients when it comes to quick single serve desserts, that’s why I had to make sure that I can offer you a few ingredients substitutions:
- Butter- You can use coconut oil or vegan butter to make this pumpkin mug cake vegan.
- Maple sugar- If you don’t have maple sugar don’t worry, you can always use brown sugar for the same great results.
How to make single serve mug cake
To make the pumpkin mug cake, start by:
- Mix the wet ingredients in the mug.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Let the mug cake cook down for 1 minute, top with your favorite frosting, then enjoy!
You now can have your pumpkin mug cake as is or you can top it with your favorite frosting. I used my Small Batch Cream Cheese Frosting recipe to top my single serving pumpkin cake.
Tips for the best microwave mug cake
Here are a few tips that will make your life easier when it comes to making this microwave cake for one:
- Make sure to use a mug large enough to allow your mixture to double in size while baking.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture well to avoid any dry lumps of flour.
- Don’t over bake. Bake the pumpkin mug cake in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. If it’s still raw, microwave it for 10 second increments until it’s fully baked.
More mug cake recipe you will love!
- Easy Festive Christmas Cake Mix Mug Cake
- The best Fudgy 1-minute Brownie Mug Cake
- Easy 5-minute Moist Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- Healthy Chocolate chip Vegan Mug Cookie
- Easy 60-Second Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie
How to make pumpkin mug cake (VIDEO
I hope this video helped you make this pumpkin mug cake, if you do have a Youtube account, don’t forget to subscribe to my channel on there as well 🙂
Moist pumpkin mug cake for one
If you tried this easy pumpkin mug cake recipe and loved it please leave us a rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description.
Moist Pumpkin Mug Cake [VIDEO]
- A microwave
- A mug
- In a medium sized mug, melt the butter. Add in the milk, the vanilla, the pumpkin puree, and sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and the salt and stir again until the mixture is free of lumps. Microwave for 60 seconds, then top with vanilla frosting if desired and enjoy!
hank you so much for making it all the way down here
If you tried this awesome game day air fryer recipe and loved it as much as we did, make sure to leave a comment down below to let us know how your keto mousse turned out. In the mean time don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!