This easy pumpkin mug cake recipe is the perfect way to use any leftover pumpkin puree you have on hand. Plus who doesn’t love a good single-serving dessert that uses only a handful of simple ingredients to welcome in the fall season? It is moist, packed with pumpkin pie spice, and comes together in minutes.
Since you are here I know you will also love these other delicious mug cakes like this peanut butter mug cake, this chocolate chip cookie mug cake, as well as this single-serve brownie recipe in a mug.
This is the best single serve pumpkin spice mug cake recipe ever!
There is something extra special about a delicious cake that you can make in your coffee mug and have in no time. This pumpkin treat is definitely one of those perfect fall dessert recipes that we find ourselves reverting back to every time.
It is simple to make and uses a small amount of pumpkin puree allowing you to use up any leftovers that you might have on hand Plus the entire recipe makes the ultimate serving for one person. It’s a tasty treat that you won’t be able to get enough of! Try it and let me know what you think!
What’s so special about this recipe?
- This mug cake can be baked in the microwave.
- It is as easy as mixing a few ingredients together, stirring, and cooking.
- Makes the perfect single-serving cake
- It is an eggless decadent dessert.
- This is a great treat to make for any pumpkin lovers.
Ingredients for this delicious pumpkin mug cake
To make this single-serving pumpkin dessert you will need the following ingredients:
- Butter– Melted butter is what you need for this pumpkin mug cake.
- Milk– You will need some milk at room temperature.
- Vanilla– Vanilla makes any cake delicious.
- Maple sugar– Maple sugar is the perfect sweetener for fall recipes in my opinion. It adds a nice depth of flavor to our cake.
- Pumpkin puree– You can use either canned pumpkin puree or homemade pumpkin puree. Just steer clear of pumpkin pie filling because it is not the same.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works perfectly for this recipe.
- Pumpkin pie spice- You can either purchase your pumpkin pie spice or make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice by following this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder is gonna be our leavening agent for this cake
- Salt– Salt helps balance the sweetness of this single-serve cake.
Sometimes, we don’t always have all the ingredients when it comes to quick single-serve desserts, that’s why I had to make sure that I can offer you a few ingredients substitutions:
- Butter- You can use coconut oil or vegan butter to make this pumpkin mug cake vegan.
- Maple sugar- If you don’t have maple sugar don’t worry, you can always use brown sugar for the same great results.
how to make the best pumpkin mug cake
To make the pumpkin mug cake, start by:
- Mix the wet ingredients in the microwave-safe mug.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix again.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds.
- Let the mug cake cook down for 1 minute, top with your favorite frosting, then enjoy!
What can I top this mug cake with?
This cake is great on its own but I know it’s the holiday season and we are all feeling something a little extra cozy so feel free to top your pumpkin mug cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or even some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
Tips for the best microwave mug cake
Here are a few tips that will make your life easier when it comes to making this microwave cake for one:
- Make sure to use a mug large enough to allow your mixture to double in size while baking.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture well to avoid any dry lumps of flour.
- Don’t overbake. Bake the pumpkin mug cake in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. If it’s still raw, microwave it for 10-second increments until it’s fully baked.
Can I turn this into a pumpkin chocolate chip mug cake?
Absolutely! All you have to do is mix a few tablespoons of chocolate chips into the batter before cooking it in the microwave.
How to make pumpkin mug cake (VIDEO)
Moist pumpkin mug cake for one
Moist Pumpkin Mug Cake [VIDEO]
- A microwave
- A mug
- In a medium sized mug, melt the butter. Add in the milk, the vanilla, the pumpkin puree, and sugar, and mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and the salt and stir again until the mixture is free of lumps. Microwave for 60 seconds, then top with vanilla frosting if desired and enjoy!
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!