This pumpkin banana bread is moist, perfectly spiced for fall, and is so easy to make! Each slice is moist, soft, and ready to be enjoyed with a generous spread of peanut butter or apple butter. This breakfast-inspired fall-flavored banana bread will become your go-to this year!
If you enjoy this recipe, you need to try The Best Fluffy and Soft Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Pecan Banana Bread with Streusel Topping, Easy Brown Butter Banana Bread and even The Easiest Moist Pumpkin Sheet Cake (8x8inch).
Banana bread has always been a staple to get rid of those super ripe bananas, but banana pumpkin bread is a next-level loaf that will allow you to continue to use your ripened bananas in a fall-inspired bread.
This pumpkin banana bread is a simple recipe that is lightly sweetened with ripe bananas and flavored with pumpkin and all the fall spices. You know…
This is the best pumpkin banana bread recipe ever!
This is the kind of recipe that you need to make if you ever can’t decide between good old banana bread or pumpkin bread. Put them both together and enjoy the moistness and spice of pumpkin bread with the deep banana flavor of banana bread.
This loaf makes for. a great breakfast bread that you can enjoy throughout the week or even make for Thanksgiving brunch or dessert. You can take it up a notch for special occasions by adding some toasted chopped nuts into the batter or sprinkling it with granulated sugar before baking.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is moist and lightly sweetened.
- This loaf is the perfect fall loaf when you can’t decide between banana bread and pumpkin bread.
- It’s a great way to use up overripened bananas.
- The perfect Thanksgiving quick bread option for brunch.
Ingredients for this pumpkin banana bread
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this banana pumpkin bread. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use either salted or unsalted butter.
- Banana– The banana will have to be super ripe to help sweeted and make the loaf moist!
- Pumpkin puree– The pumpkin puree will also help moisten the loaf as well as give it that pumpkin flavor.
- Granulated & brown sugar– This pumpkin banana bread uses both brown and granulated sugar for sweetness and extra depth of flavor.
- Eggs– You will need eggs at room temperature.
- Vanilla– The vanilla will add a nice depth of flavor as well.
- Flour– All purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda– The baking soda is used as the leavening agent in this recipe.
- Cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg, ground ginger– These are all fall pumpkin pie spice flavors and they will make your bread taste like fall!
How to make pumpkin banana bread
This is how you can make your own pumpkin banana bread. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add in the flourm baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nurmeg, all-spice, and ground ginger and mix until the flour disappears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared lof pan and bake.
- Let the loaf cake cool down for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
- Slice, and enjoy!
Pumpkin banana bread variations.
Banana bread and pumpkin bread are super versatile, here are a few ways you can make this loaf your own!
- Add ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts or pecans. This is by far one of my favorite things to do, it will add some crunch and texture to the soft loaf.
- Mix in some chocolate chips or chunks. Nothing makes a sweet bread more decadent than chocolate so this is another variation that I totally reccomend.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of granulated sugar before baking. This will make your baked loaf a little extra crunchy on top. YAY for textures!
- Top with sliced bananas on top before baking. This is mainly for looks but will also add a little more banan flavor when you bite into the baked banana topping.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this spiced bread ?
This pumpkin banana bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
You can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze it too?
You sure can!
Bake it as directed, let the bread cool down fully, then either slice or leave as is and wrap with plastic and cover with foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
How to enjoy this fall spiced quick bread?
Warm pumpkin banana bread is the ultimate treat on its own but if you want to take it up a notch you can enjoy it with a spread of:
- Peanut butter
- A drizzle of honey
- Apple butter
- Sweet tahini butter
Pumpkin banana bread loaf recipe
If you made this pumpkin banana bread and enjoyed it, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Pumpkin banana bread
- 8.5×4.5 or 9×5 loaf pan
- ½ cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup mashed bananas very ripe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F and line an 8.5×4.5 or 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, mashed banana, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all-spice, and ground ginger just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. You will know your loaf cake is ready when a wooden skewer or sharp knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cake cool down in the loaf pan for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool down fully before slicing into it and enjoying it with a tall glass of cold milk!
How to store pumpkin banana bread?This pumpkin banana bread can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze banana pumpkin bread?You sure can! Bake it as directed, let the bread cool down fully, then either slice or leave as is and wrap with plastic and cover with foil and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
So easy and so yummy! This girl is my go to for all recipes!!
Thank you so much McKenzie!
This was very easy to make and tasted lovely. I added a bit more banana just to use them up and a 1/4 cup of Italian mixed peel to add a bit of brightness. Next time I make it I’ll probably add a cinnamon sugar topping just because my husband is mad for it but a really nice bread.
The cinnamon-sugar topping sounds divine! I will have to do that too!
I just made these into muffins! Amazing recipe!! I added about 1 cup chocolate chips, baked them at 400 for about 18 minutes, and put honey butter on them while they were still warm. I am definitely making these again!! My first time combining bananas with pumpkin in a recipe. So good!!!
no longer will my forgotten bananas go to waste!! i have made this twice now, and i usually divide it into half bread and half muffin, since i also usually double it:) such a good recipe, and leaves everything smelling fantastic. a literal staple in my home
Thank you so much Abigail for such a thorough review! So happy that this recipe has become a staple in your home.
So delicious and very easy to make! I will definitely be making this again!
Thank you so much for trying this pumpkin banana bread! Glad to hear you enjoyed it 🙂