These Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are thick and soft cookies, perfectly spiced with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and ginger. Texturally they resemble a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin top. They go amazingly with a hot cup of coffee or tea!
Love Crumbl cookies? Try these Crumbl Banana Bread Cookies with Cream Cheese Glaze, Frosted Crumbl Caramel Pumpkin Cookies Copycat Recipe, Frosted Crumbl Caramel Pumpkin Cookies Copycat Recipe as well as the Crumbl Cookie Dough Cookies with Ice Cream Frosting.
This is the best Crumbl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookie recipe
Can you believe I almost missed this cookie when it was in stores last week! You know what that means too.. If I miss that cookie, I can’t recreate it and give you the best Crumbl copycat recipe to try out at home.
Luckily when I went this Monday, they still had some flavors from last week so I was able to grab a few of their chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. Let me tell you… I don’t regret it at all! It is the perfect pumpkin cookies, super soft and packed with their giant chocolate chips.
Each one was perfectly spiced with fall flavors and gave me muffin top vibes, which I’m all about! If you love muffin top cookies too, you have to check out Crumbl Banana Bread Cookies with Cream Cheese Glaze or the Soft CRUMBL Blueberry Crumb Cake Cookies copycat recipe, they both have the best texture!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is perfectly spiced.
- Each cookie is thick and full of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- This recipe makes large cookies, just like Crumbl’s.
- You won’t have to wait until months from now to have your Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookie fix.
- This cookie recipe is kid friends and can be a fun way to spend fall weekends!
Ingredients for this Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Crumbl fall cookie at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Pumpkin puree– Make sure to use canne dpumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. Those are two different things.
- Butter– You will need melted butter, it can be either salted or unsalted.
- Egg– One large egg at room temperature will bind everything together.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla will add extra depth of flavor to the cookies.
- Dark brown sugar & granulated sugar– This cookie recipe combines two sweeteners to add extra spice and dedpth of flavor.
- Flour– All purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder will add a little height to the cookies.
- Pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger– To make these cookies spiced just like the Crumbl cookies, we wil be using a blend of spices.
- Salt– Always use a little salt to balance out the flavor of your cookies.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – Make sure to use really good quality chocolate chips in your cookies to make sure that they taste really good.
How to make Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookies or muffin top cookies.
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Mix the pumpkin puree, egg, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Scoop out 12 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet , gently flatten, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down for 10 minutes on the baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack to cool down fully and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these pumpkin muffin top cookies?
You can store these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also place the cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. You can pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to warm them up a bit before enjoying them.
Can I freeze Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
You can also freeze these cookies in an air-tight container making sure to either freeze them on a baking sheet first then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or separate them with wax paper so that they don’t stick.
They will keep in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Whenever you’re ready to eat or serve them you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to thaw and enjoy!
Can I use homemade pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree?
I don’t recommend using homemade pumpkin puree because it will be wetter and will change the texture of these cookies. The best option is the solid-packed pumpkin that you find in stores in cans.
Can I make mini catering sized Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
Of course! Instead of using a large cookie scooper you can use a smaller cookie scooper or about 2 tablespoon of cookie dough batter, place it on a baking sheet, gently flatten, and bake for 9-10 minutes.
This way you will have 24 smaller pumpkin cookies rather than 12 large ones.
Thick Crumbl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you made these Crumbl pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies
- ½ cup butter melted and cooled down
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup AP flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 & ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, cinnamon, and salt until the dry mixture disappears. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 12 equally sized cookie dough balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Gently spray the back of a spoon, or your hands with non-stick cooking spray and flatten the cookies a little to about ⅔ inch in thickness. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-16 minutes, then let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
How to store these pumpkin muffin top cookies?You can store these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also place the cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. You can pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to warm them up a bit before enjoying them.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
My cookies all went flat 🙁 what did I do wrong ?
Hi Keisha! There are lots of factors that can impact why a cookie is flat, sometimes it’s due to the measurement of ingredients.
Absolutely delicious, soft flavorful cookies!
So glad to hear you enjoyed these Erin!
One of my family members bought me one of these, and I just HAD to find a copycat recipe! I recently made these and my whole family LOVES them!! Thank you so much!
YAY!! You’re welcome Ella!
I absolutely love your recipes! Due to allergies I can’t eat real Crumbl cookies, so I love getting to try them, and also doing a little baking in the process! This is a great recipe and a great way to fill your home will the feeling of fall as they’re baking!
Aww this is fantastic to hear Katie. Thank you for sharing!
Literally the best cookies ever! Soft and cake like with the perfect amount of sweetness.
So glad to hear you loved these!
Made these for my daughter. We went to Dallas Texas for vacation and she surprised me with an assortment of crumbl cookies! All of them delicious! She gave a 10 out of 10 and I didn’t even ask for a rating! Thank you! Love them!!! I was so happy to see this recipe!
How fun!!! That is such a fun time!! Enjoy friend!
These are my favorite cookies in the world to make. Easy peazy recipe and delicious!! A big crowd pleaser too, every time I make these I get compliments left and right!
I am so happy to hear everyone loved these!
Hi! I think this recipe was awesome! I did a fewer minor changes. I used coconut oil vs butter and I used nutmeg, allspice and extra cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice! These are amazing cookies!
I am so happy to hear you liked it even with the variations 🙂
So happy to hear you enjoyed it 🙂
These were so delicious.
LOVED THESE 🤤
So glad to hear you enjoyed these!
I made a huge batch of these last week and I froze most of them. Super easy to make and they freeze really well! I’ve eaten so so many of these in the last week, the recipe isn’t too sweet which I really like!
Freezing cookies is a blessing because you can have them whenever the craving hits!!!
It was so delicious I would definitely make this again
So glad to hear that!
This was the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies ever!! They were so soft and super delicious! 10/10 must try!!
You’re the best! thank you so much for trying it 🙂
These are great!! We have loved the muffin top pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from Ralph’s grocery store. But I’ll be making our own now! I used Swerve brown sugar replacement and stevia/erythritol mix for the white sugar and they were just as yummy! Thank you for a favorite recipe!!
Thank you so much for sharing you sugar-free sugar tips!