These Crumbl banana bread cookies are the best cookies for banana bread lovers. They are made with a thick banana bread cookie that has a muffin top texture. They are then topped with a sweet vanilla cream cheese glaze and sweet and salty brown sugar crumbs.
Since you’re here, you need to try the Crumbl Cookie Dough Cookies with Ice Cream Frosting, Stuffed CRUMBL Hazelnut Churro cookies copycat, Crumbl Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies and also The Best Banana Bread Mug Cake Recipe.
If you have never tried the Crumbl banana bread cookie, you are 100% missing out. It’s one of those cookies that is not too sweet, super soft when you bite into it and packed with banana bread flavors.
I have been getting requests to make for months now, so when I saw that it was in stores, I immediately jumped at the occasion of grabbing one for myself. I went there bright and early to make sure I avoid the lines and get my cookie fix. It was so so worth it!
This is the best Crumbl banana bread cookies
Now, on the other hand, if you don’t have a Crumbl bakery by where you live, I want you to stay positive because I was able to recreate a very similar cookie to the one that they have in store. This one doesn’t require you to drive hours to get to the nearest Crumbl bakery, and it will allow you to make it at any time too!
If you’re ever craved banana bread but wanted to try out something a little different these soft banana bread cookies are going to become your go-to!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These cookies are super soft, just like a banana bread loaf.
- They are super easy to make
- These cookies are a great way to use up overripe bananas.
- You will be able to make your favorite Crumbl cookie recipe year round with this recipe!
- If you’re looking to practice self control, this is a great recipe to try that on. It’s gonna be pretty hard, but hey practice makes perfect.
Ingredients for this Crumbl banana bread cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these banana cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You will need butter for both the cookie base as well as the brown sugar bits.
- Brown sugar– This recipe uses mainly brown sugar because brown sugar always makes banana bread better!
- Egg– The egg is th ebinding agent of this recipe.
- Banana– Make sure to use very ripe bananas to get that deep banana bread flavor in these cookies.
- Vanilla – The vanilla will add a nice depth of flavor to these.
- Sour cream– The sour cream will keep our cookies moist and delicious while also activating the baking soda.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Corn starch- The corn starch wil help make these cookies extra soft just like banana bread.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will give these cookies extra height.
- Salt– I always add a little salt to my baked goods to balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Cinnamon– The cinnamon will spice our cookies enough to make them taste like banana bread.
- Cream cheese– The glaze that is used for these cookies is made out of mainly cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar will sweeten our cream cheese glaze.
- Milk– The mix will thin out the cream cheese glaze enough to drizzle on top of the cookies.
How to make Crumbl Banana Bread Cookies
This is how you can make banana bread cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
- Add in the egg, and vanilla then mix to incorporate.
- Gently fold in the mashed banana.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop out the cookie dough onto the preapred baking sheet and bake.
Make the cream cheese Glaze
- Cream the cream cheese, until soft.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat to combine.
- Mix int the milk or half and half to create a glaze thick enough to drizzle on the banana bread cookies.
- Drizzle the glaze on the cookies then top with the brown sugar bits.
Make the brown sugar bits
- Stir the brown sugar, melted butter, and salt together.
- Sprinkle on top of the glazed cookies and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these Crumbl banana bread cookies?
You can store these banana muffin top cookies with cream cheese frosting in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. They’re still delicious right out of the fridge but you should definitely let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them for maximum enjoyment!
Can I freeze banana bread cookies?
You can freeze these banana bread cookies in an air-tight container before frosting them for up to 3 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them you can thaw them in the fridge overnight or at room temperature for a few hours then frost them and enjoy!
Can I make catering sized Crumbl banana bread cookies?
Instead of making 7 cookies, it will make 14 smaller-sized cookies (so double the number of cookies for the same batch size.) You will also need to bake these cookies for about 8-9 minutes instead as well.
Why is the cream cheese glaze a little different from the original recipe?
The cream cheese glaze on the original Crumbl banana bread cookies didn’t have much cream cheese flavor and had a more liquidy yet thick texture which leads me to think that they used cream cheese powder in their original recipe.
In an effort to keep this recipe easily replicable in your own kitchen, I decided to stick to a regular cream cheese glaze. So the taste will slightly differ from the original cream cheese glaze on their banana bread cookies but will still be delicious nonetheless.
Crumbl banana bread cookies
If you made these Crumbl banana bread cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Banana Bread Cookies with Cream Cheese glaze
Cream cheese glaze**
Make the brown sugar bits
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon melted butter unsalted, cooled down a bit
Make the Banana bread cookies
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy. Add in the egg, and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Gently fold in the mashed banana, and the sour cream then mix in the flour, corn starch, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stop stirring as soon as the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 7 equally sized cookie dough balls, and place them directly on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 20 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Make the cream cheese glaze ** read notes
- In a bowl, cream the cream cheese, and butter together until soft and creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat again until smooth.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk or half and half and mix until the glaze is thick enough to be poured or drizzled on top of the cookies. If the glaze is still too thick add ½ tablespoon of milk or half and half at a time and stir.
- Top each cookie with the cream cheese glaze, then decorate with the brown sugar bits.
Make the brown sugar bits
- In a small bowl, stir the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and melted butter together until crumbly. Top the cookies with it and enjoy!
How to store these Crumbl banana bread cookies?You can store these banana muffin top cookies with cream cheese frosting in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. They’re still delicious right out of the fridge but you should definitely let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them for maximum enjoyment!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!