These Crumbl chocolate chip cookies are thick oatmeal cookies packed with milk chocolate chips. Each cookie is perfectly soft, chewy in the center, and slightly crispy on the outside! Just like a good oatmeal cookie should be.
If you love Crumbl cookies then try these Crumbl Mom’s recipe cookies/ Soft Oatmeal cookies, Frosted Crumbl Caramel Pumpkin Cookies Copycat Recipe, Crumbl Buckeye Brownie Cookies Copycat Recipe and also the Stuffed CRUMBL Hazelnut Churro cookies copycat.
These Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are delicious and come together super quickly, and easily. I personally fell in love with oatmeal cookies after I made this Crumbl Mom’s recipe cookie recipe. It is an oatmeal, peanut butter chip, chocolate chip, and toffee cookie that is then topped with sea salt. It is pretty much a party in your mouth.
But I get it that sometimes you might not want a cookie that is that intense and that’s why I decided to bring you this simple oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s a one-bowl recipe that is very low effort.
This is the best Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe ever!
The beauty of this recipe is that it’s a classic. I mean, I didn’t invent the chocolate oatmeal cookies and neither did the Crumbl bakery but these ones are giant, super soft, and ooey-gooey, and will be gone in less than an hour if you decide to share them with others.
But sometimes classics are the way to go and that’s why I wanted to share these asap because I strongly believe that classics=comfort! So I truly hope that these cookies bring back all those good memories you have from eating oatmeal cookies as a youngin!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These cookies are soft and chewy.
- They’re the perfect comfort food cookie recipe.
- These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are great for the holiday season! Make them to fill up your Christmas cookie boxes and everyone will thank you.
- They are perfectly soft and chewy in the center with a crispy outside.
- These oatmeal cookie use milk chocolate chips so they are a great option for those who don’t love raisin oatmeal cookies.
Ingredients for this Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these Cruml oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe as long as it’s softened butter.
- Brown and granulated sugar– Using both brown sugar and granulated sugar helps create cooke is that are soft in the center and crunchy on the outside.
- Egg– Use a large egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract helps elevate this cookie a lot!
- Flour– All purpose flour work great for this recipe.
- Oats– Use old fashioned oats for these cookies.
- Cinnamon– Just a dash of cinnnamon will elevate these cookies.
- baking soda– The baking soda will add some height to these cookies.
- salt– This recipe uses a bit of salt in the cookie dough to balance out the sweetness.
- Chocolate chips – Use good quality chocolate chips for the best flavored cookies.
How to make Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
This is how you can make chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granuated sugar until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix again until combined.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt and mix just until the dry mixture disappears.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the cookie dough with a large cookie scooper and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven, let them cool down, and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store milk chocolate chip oatmeal cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. Make sure to let them get back to room temperature or microwave them for 5-10 seconds before enjoying them to get that ooey-gooey deliciousness!
Can oatmeal cookie be frozen?
You can also store them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight or just pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy!
Can I make catering sized Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?
You sure can! These oatmeal cookies would make for super cute party favors and can be made smaller for better portion control.
Instead of making 8 large cookies, go for 16 smaller ones. If using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls then split them in 2 to have 16. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
If you made these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 & ¼ cup old fashioned whole rolled oats
- 1 cup AP flour
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until combined. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt, making sure to scrape the sides until the mixture is combined then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, gently press down on the cookies to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake them in the preheated oven for 11-12 minutes. Make sure to not overbake them so they stay soft and gooey
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 20 minutes then more to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
How to store Crumbl oatmeal chocolate chip cookies?These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. Make sure to let them get back to room temperature or microwave them for 5-10 seconds before enjoying them to get that ooey-gooey deliciousness!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
These are super gooey, chewy, and indulgent! I subbed the chocolate chips for Valentine M&Ms for some festive flair. I really enjoyed mine (right out of the oven) and am excited to hear my family’s thoughts. Thank you!
Can I substitute the chocolate chips for raisins?
Yes! Add extra cinnamon in the dough too!
I don’t believe you have a bad recipe out there! Another great cookie. Super easy. Love the soft and gooey middle with crunchy sides. I made them smaller, 9 minutes was perfect, cooling 8 minutes. My guys loved devouring them. 😊
Thank you Julie!
This recipe is AMAZING! I prefer semi-sweet to milk chocolate chips so that’s what I used but this is literally the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made! They melt in your mouth! I added butterscotch chips to this recipe once too and that was amazing as well! Thank you SO much for posting it!!!
Ooh I need to try this out with butterscotch chips too. Sounds delicious!
I made these and they were a huge hit! I got 9 large cookies out of my batch and found that wetting my hands to handle the sticky dough worked well. They came out perfect! I’ll definitely make again.
They’re delish right?! Enjoy Ashley!
Absolute perfection!! I made the smaller sized ones to take to a reunion and they turned out amazing!!!
Glad to hear they turned out great!
Absolute best recipe. I’ve made them so many times; they’ve become our favorite at our house.
This is wonderful to hear! Thank you!
I made these. My dough was really sticky and the cookies turned out like a little cake. Is that normal? Hahah
If your ingredients were too warm this can happen. Make sure to underbake these cookies to keep them super soft.
One word to describe these: PERFECT!
so soft and chewy and crunchy on the sides. Everybody loved them!! ❤️❤️ Its going to be a staple every weekend from now!!
I am so happy you enjoyed these friend!
292 calories equals one cookie or 8 cookies?
It’s for one cookie.
Loved these cookies so much!! definitely soft and chewy. the best oatmeal recipe i’ve found so far
So happy to hear these were your favorite oatmeal cookies ever!
These cookies were amazing! My husband who is a “I dont like oatmeal guy” devoured them. I did overcook them slightly due to my fear of undercooking things, but they were still delicious.
I am so glad that these were winners!
LOVE this recipe!! These were gone within a day between my boyfriend & I after giving some to my sister in law because they were that good!
That’s the way it should be!! the best compliment ever! thank you for trusting me with your baking!
These were by far the very best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I have ever had in my life. They were the perfect amount of soft and chewy. I will be making these for years to come.
Best oatmeal chocolate chip cookie is a big title to live up to but I’ll take it!! Enjoy Robbie!
These were delicious! Soft and gooey on the inside with a slightly crispy edge.
That’s how we like them!
These are delicious ! So easy to make and quick too.
So glad to hear you enjoyed these!
Wowww were these tasty!! Perfect amount for the family too. Thanks for sharing this recipe- it was perfect!
You are so welcome Rachel!