This easy Starbucks pumpkin bread copycat recipe is an easy dupe to your favorite coffee shop’s fall treat. It is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand and will yield a delicious pumpkin loaf that you will find yourself making over and over again.
Since you are here, make sure to check out this Starbucks peach green tea drink, this Strawberry acai refresher, Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffins, Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew, Starbucks pumpkin scones, as well as this Starbucks roasted tomato mozzarella panini sandwich.
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
I think I can speak for all of us when I say that the Staburkc pumpkin bread is truly elite. It tastes so good especially when you pair it with their famous pumpkin cream cold brew or their pumpkin spice lattes.
But the best part is that super moist texture. It feels as if it can almost melt in your mouth and to be honest, that’s what I’m all about when it comes to sweet breads.
This is the best and most delicious pumpkin bread recipe ever!
Just imagine that in no time, you can have the best slice of pumpkin bread that you would spend a fortune at coffee shops for in your hand for so much less.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This Starbucks recipe yields a loaf that tastes even better than the real thing.
- With this recipe, you will save so much money in the long run.
- The best thing about this basic recipe is that it stores well so you can make it on Sunday for the week ahead.
- This delicious recipe uses a whole can of pumpkin puree making it perfect if you hate using just a little bit of the can then forget about it in the back of the fridge.
- The best part is that you can enjoy your favorite Starbucks pumpkin thick slices of goodness year round! No need to wait for them to bring it back in the fall. If you are craving a pumpkin lover year round you can make this easy recipe whenever you want.
Ingredients for this copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious quick bread recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder & baking soda – These will be our leavening agents for this recipe.
- Salt- Always add a little salt to your baked goods to balance out the sweetness in this case of our quick bread.
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves- I used these spices separately to bring out all the fall flavors but feel free to use your own pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Pumpkin puree – Make sure you are using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling since they are not the same thing.
- Imperial Sugar granulated sugar & Imperial Sugar brown sugar– Using this mixture of sugars will help us get a deeper flavored loaf and even more moist slices of pumpkin bread.
- Vegetable oil – I used vegetable oil because I wanted this pumpkin bread to be extra moist. Feel free to use coconut oil, olive oil, or even melted butter for a richer more flavorful bread.
- Eggs- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract- This will add a delicious depth of flavor to our pumpkin bread.
- pumpkin seeds– These will be used for topping our loaf but feel free to top the loaf with any other nuts that you might like.
Why Imperial Sugar?
In this recipe, I used both Imperial Sugar granulated sugar and brown sugar to really give it that depth of flavor when it comes to sweetness.
Plus in baking using high-quality ingredients always yields a better baked good or dessert. So next time you are shopping for sugar, grab yourself a bag of Imperial Sugar!
How to make Starbucks pumpkin bread
This is how you can make this delicious treat at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, white sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and top it with the pumpkin seeds.
- Bake this moist pumpkin bread in the preheated oven then allow it to cool down for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool down fully.
- Slice thick slices ad enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Starbucks pumpkin loaf?
You can store the pumpkin loaf in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap for up to 4 days at room temperature and a little longer in the fridge.
Can I freeze Starbucks pumpkin bread?
Absolutely! You can either cool the entire loaf and wrap it in plastic wrap then place it in a freezer bag then freeze for up to 3 months.
You can also freeze individual slices in an airtight container for easier access whenever you only need or want a single slice.
When ready to enjoy, pull out your pumpkin bread and let it get back to room temperature on the counter or in the fridge overnight.
Can I make this Starbucks pumpkin bread in small loaf pans?
Instead of making one loaf you can use smaller 5.75×3′ mini loaf pans and you will need to bake them for slightly less, about 30-35 minutes. Make sure to use the toothpick method to check if your loaves are ready or if they still need a little more time in the oven.
What else can I add to this Starbucks pumpkin bread?
This recipe is exactly as the Starbucks one is sold but if you want to add a little pizazz to it I would mix in some chocolate chips or chocolate chunks or even nuts into the batter!
If you want to elevate what you are topping your pumpkin loaf with, try candied nuts instead of pepitas for a delicious, flavorful, and amazing textural experience.
Starbucks pumpkin loaf cake copycat recipe
Starbucks pumpkin bread copycat recipe
- 1 & ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 & ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 15 oz canned pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup Imperial Sugar brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds pepitas
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.1 & ⅔ cup all-purpose flour, ¾ teaspoon baking powder, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 & ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.15 oz canned pumpkin puree, ⅔ cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar, ⅔ cup Imperial Sugar brown sugar, ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds evenly over the top of the batter, gently pressing them down to stick better to the loaf.¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50- 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the loaf starts to brown too much on top, you can tent it with foil to prevent further browning.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!