This is the best Starbucks tomato mozzarella panini copycat recipe ever! It is made with focaccia bread, basil pesto, roasted juicy tomatoes, spinach, and a generous amount of creamy mozzarella cheese. Making this Starbucks favorite at home is now easier than ever!
Since you are here, make sure to also take a look at these Starbucks drinks, like this strawberry acai refresher, this peach green tea, this tall mocha latte, the mango dragon fruit refresher, and this homemade sweet cream cold brew to go with your sandwich.
There is something about a Caprese sandwich that just hits the spot. That’s why Starbucks having it on their menu has always been such a tease. Once I finally tried it I knew I had to make it ASAP. It is juicy, packed with cheese and tomatoes
This is the best Starbucks tomato mozzarella panini recipe.
This Caprese panini is one of the more popular menu items there, made with a combination of ingredients that pair so well together. I think once you try making this recipe at home you probably won’t be doing back to get it at Starbucks. So try it and let me know your thoughts.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It will save you a ton of time and money to prep this at home.
- This panini sandwich tastes just as good as the real deal.
- It can easily be meal prepped for the week.
- This particular sandwich is perfect for breakfast or brunch, lunch, dinner, or even snack time.
- You can customize it to your liking easily.
Ingredients for this Starbucks roasted tomato mozzarella panini
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this easy breakfast sandwich. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Cherry tomatoes- These will be perfect for tomato roasting and developing extra flavor that will take your sandwich to the next level.
- Olive oil – I prefer using olive oil for roasting the fresh tomatoes but feel free to use canola oil if that is all you have on hand.
- Salt & black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese- This will give you the same result as the Starbucks sandwich, you can also add a little extra parmesan cheese to elevate your sandwich.
- Basil pesto
- Focaccia roll – You can make your own but I think store-bought bread makes this much easier. If you don’t want to use focaccia feel free to use your favorite bread instead
You can add some hot sauce to this sandwich for a spicy kick which I love to do especially when you add extra protein to this sandwich.
How to make this Starbucks tomato and cheese sandwich at home
This is how you can make this recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Start by roasting your cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil in the oven.
- Slice your focaccia bread in half and spread the basil pesto on both sides
- Place sliced mozzarella on the bottom side of the sandwich.
- Top it with the roasted tomatoes, a few spinach leaves, and close the sandwich.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven to heat up the bread and allow the cheese to melt and develop maximum flavor.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use regular slices of tomato instead?
You can but it won’t give you the same result as the roasted cherry tomatoes. Those are the best choice when it comes to roasting them and allowing the flavor to develop even more.
How to store any leftovers you might have?
The best part about this perfect sandwich is that you can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Make sure to wrap each sandwich in
Do I need a panini maker to make this Starbucks sandwich?
You do not need a panini press to make this recipe because we will make this delicious sandwich in the oven. IT will still give us the same result as the Starbucks version and no need for any extra tools.
What are some things I can add to this sandwich to make it more nutritious?
Some of my favorite things to add to my own panini sandwich is some lean meat like rotisserie chicken, turkey, deli meat, or even tofu.
How can I make this sandwich gluten-free?
The simplest swap is to use your favorite gluten-free bread instead of the focaccia we are using here. Make sure that you check the pesto if you are using storebought to ensure that it is also gluten-free.
What to Serve with Starbucks Tomato Mozzarella Panini Recipe?
Some of my favorite things to serve with this sandwich are :
- Fresh fruits
- Sliced veggies and a dip or either hummus or ranch
Starbucks the tomato mozzarella panini sandwich
Starbucks roasted tomato mozzarella panini copycat
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 focaccia bread
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- ⅔ cup pesto
- ½ cup spinach chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Pour the tomatoes into a medium-sized baking dish, drizzle wioth the oil, a little salt and pepper to taste, and roast for 20-25 minutes or until they are bursting.1 pint cherry tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & pepper
- While the tomatoes are in the oven roasting prepare the sandwich base by slicing the bread in half and spreading some basil pesto on both sides of the bread. Add a few slices of Mozzarella cheese on the bottom slice.4 focaccia bread, 8 oz fresh mozzarella, ⅔ cup pesto
- Top with the roasted cherry tomatoes, a little spinach, and the top slice of bread.½ cup spinach
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melty.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!