These double chocolate muffins are one of the most delicious chocolate treats ever They are thick, fluffy, moist, and packed with chocolate both inside the muffins as well as on top of them. Make them an let me know what you think!
Since you are here, here are a few more muffin recipes you might like, pumpkin cream cheese Starbucks muffins, strawberry streusel muffins, bakery-style blueberry muffins, and these delicious banana walnut muffins.
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
Chocolate anything is pure heaven, not make that a double chocolate muffin and you got yourself a chocolate lovers dream. These muffins have a strong chocolate flavor, lots of chocolate chips or chunks, and a super moist center, no dry muffins here!
Plus they pair so well with a cup of coffee or even a tall glass of cold milk.
This is the best Double chocolate muffin recipe ever!
This recipe is one of my family’s favorites since it yields tender muffins with the most tender crumb, and who can say no to a chocolate jam-packed muffin… Try them and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Why do you need to make this recipe!
- These are 100% more cost-effective compared to the ones you can find at your local grocery store.
- They also taste a million times made at home.
- This recipe is easily customizable, especially when it comes to mix-ins.
- Making a large batch of these moist muffins for the week is one of the most rewarding things ever. Add them to your breakfast on the go or enjoy them as a post-lunch dessert.
- This is the best double chocolate muffins recipe that everyone will ask for time and time again. Try it at your own risk because you will quickly become everyone’s favorite thanks to this recipe.
Ingredients for this super moist double chocolate muffins recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this double chocolate chip muffins recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- Sour cream- If you do not have sour cream you can also use Greek yogurt.
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Freshly brewed coffee- The hot coffee helps accentuate the chocolate flavor but doesn’t make your muffins taste like coffee. Another good option would be warm whole milk, warm almond milk, or even warm water.
- Chocolate chips or chocolate chunks- I used semisweet chocolate chips for these but I know they will be just as well with dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or even milk chocolate chips in the batter.
Why Imperial Sugar?
Whenever it comes to my baked goods, I always try to go with the highest quality ingredients because at the end of the day quality ingredients= high quality baked goods and that is exactly what Imperial Sugar delivers in my baking!
How to make the best moist chocolate muffins
This is how you can make this original recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a different bowl, whisk the wet ingredients, so the eggs, sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the hot coffee until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks into the chocolate batter.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop then divide batter into your muffin cups that are in the muffin pan, top the muffin tops with, and bake.
- Pull the muffin tin out of the oven and allow them to cool down for a little bit before transferring each muffin to a wire rack to cool down some more.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these chocolate muffins?
You can store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days at room temperature. You can of course store them for a bit longer in the fridge. I highly recommend microwaving your muffins for a few seconds before enjoying them.
Can I freeze these double chocolate muffins?
You sure can! Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and into the freezer, they go for up to 3 months. You can thaw the muffins in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours.
Why are my double chocolate muffins dry?
There are a few reasons why that is. You either overcooked your muffins making them extra dry or you overmixed them. When baking these muffins, make sure that the ingredients you are using are at room temperature and make sure not to overmix your batter either for a tender crumb.
The best chocolate muffins recipe ever.
Double chocolate muffins
- 1 & ¾ cup AP flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar
- 1 & ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh brewed coffee warm
- 1 & ½ cup chocolate chips extra for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425 then line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and set aside.1 & ¾ cup AP flour, ¾ cup cocoa powder, 1 & ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar, oil, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract well to combine.1 cup Imperial Sugar granulated sugar, 2 eggs, ¾ cup sour cream, ⅓ cup vegetable oil, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fold in the dry ingredients then mix in the hot coffee. Fold in the chocolate chips then pour the batter into the paper liners. This recipe should make 14 muffins so divide your batter equally so they all bake at the same time. Top with extra chocolate chips or chunks.½ cup fresh brewed coffee, 1 & ½ cup chocolate chips
- Bake at 425F for 5 mn then lower heat to 350 and bake for another 14 minutes.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment