The Starbucks pink drink is one of the most iconic and crowd-favorite drink they have there. The base of this recipe is made with a handful of simple ingredients and can be taken to the next level by adding in some green coffee extract for caffeine
Since you are here, make sure to check this Starbucks lemon peach green tea, Starbucks strawberry acai refresher recipe, and Starbucks mango dragon fruit refresher.
This is the best Pink drink recipe ever!
Today I am going to show you how to make a homemade Starbucks pink drink. A refreshing drink that tends to be super popular on a hot summer day and for a good reason that is! It is an easy recipe made with fruit juice, acai powder, and passion hibiscus tea with accents of passion fruit flavors, plus a few scoops of freeze-dried strawberries.
It is absolutely stunning and making it at home will not only save you money but will make the whole process feel like self-care because who doesn’t love a pretty drink?
You can also make a big batch and serve it to friends and family
What is this pink drink and what does it taste like?
The pink drink is a beverage that was introduced by the company in 2016. It is made with a strawberry acai base and has added creamy coconut milk to give that gorgeous pink hue. It has a beautiful bright color and a slightly sweet and fruity flavor.
The drink idea came from a customer who posted a photo of their custom secret menu item and it went crazy viral on social media. Since then everyone started ordering it.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This drink is a great option for anyone looking for a dairy-free or vegan drink option.
- You will save a ton of money in the long run by making this drink at home because let’s be honest Starbucks drinks add up quickly.
- It is so convenient because you won’t have to leave the house or wait in those long lines to get to enjoy your own pink drink.
- This will allow you to customize your delicious drink based on what you prefer. If you like it sweeter, add more sweetener. If you like it less sweet, easy fix. Want extra freeze-dried strawberries? No problem at all!
- This will make yummy drinks that cost a fraction of the cost.
- It is healthier made at home because you know exactly what went into it.
Ingredients for this homemade pink drink
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this drink at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Tazo iced passion tea concentrate– This is to give it that passion fruit flavor without having to purchase passionfruit juice or passion fruit puree because that can be a little bit more on the pricy side.
- White grape juice- Make sure to use white grape juice and not apple juice.
- Acai powder- This is to really bring out that acai flavor in this drink.
- Freeze-dried strawberries– We will need to crush some of these to mix in the drink and the rest can be used as a garnish. We will also use some freeze-dried strawberry powder in the drink to give it more of a strawberry flavor as well.
- Green coffee bean extract– To give it a little kick of caffeine. Omit to make this a caffeine-free drink.
- Ice cubes
- Cold water
- Coconut milk- Use boxed coconut milk not canned.
How to make the Starbucks pink drink copycat recipe?
This is how you can make this easy popular pink drink at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- To a shaker add the passion tea, grape juice, coconut milk, açaí powder green coffee bean extract, freeze-dried strawberry powder, and ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour into a tall glass full of ice and a few tablespoons of freeze-dried strawberry slices.
- Stir with a straw and enjoy on a hot day or anytime really.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Starbucks strawberry acai refresher with coconut milk?
If you have leftovers, remove the ice and store it in an airtight container like a large mason jar for up to 2 days in the fridge. Shake well and add ice before enjoying it again.
How can I turn this into a strawberry acai lemonade refresher?
Lemonade goes so well with this recipe as well. I you want to transform this into a lemonade strawberry acai refresher, all you have to do is add ½ the amount of grape juice and the other half can be replaced with either storebought lemonade or homemade lemonade. Feel free to use either homemade or storebought lemonade to make this drink just be sure to taste your drink and adjust for sweetness.
Want a sweeter drink? Add more grape juice or lemonade. Want it less sweet? Add a little more passion tea.
Can I use fresh strawberries instead of freeze-dried strawberries?
You can but make sure to blend some and mix them in the drink to give this more of a sweet strawberry flavor then strain it to get rid of any pulp.
Copycat Starbucks pink drink recipe
Starbucks pink drink refresher
- 1 cup ice
- ⅓ cup Tazo Passion Fruit Tea concentrate, chilled
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white grape juice
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon acai powder such as honey or sugar
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder
- 1-2 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberries for garnish
- ½-1 tablespoon simple syrup 1:1 ratio of granulated sugar and hot water. Red the notes.
- ½ teaspoon green coffee extract powder omit for non caffeinated drink
- In a shaker cup add ½ the ice, the Tazo passion fruit tea, water, white grape juice, coconut milk, acai powder, freeze-dried strawberry powder, simple syrup, and green coffee extract powder if using.1 cup ice, ⅓ cup Tazo Passion Fruit Tea, ¼ cup water, ½ cup white grape juice, 1 teaspoon acai powder, 1 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberry powder, ½-1 tablespoon simple syrup, ½ teaspoon green coffee extract powder, ⅓ cup coconut milk
- Close the shaker tightly and shake well to combine.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and freeze dried srawberries. Pour the homemade strawberry acai refresher over the ice and enjoy with a straw.1-2 tablespoon freeze-dried strawberries
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment