This Starbucks iced pumpkin cream chai tea latte is the newest addition to the Starbucks Fall 2023 menu. It combined an iced chai latte with the delicious pumpkin flavor of a pumpkin cold foam on top. It is easy to make and only requires a handful of ingredients to create the most delectable cozy fall iced drink for a fraction of the cost. The best part is that you can really tweak it to your liking to make something delicious every time.
Since you are here, make sure to check out this Starbucks iced apple crisp oatmilk shaken espresso, Starbucks apple crisp oatmilk macchiato, Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew, Starbucks pumpkin cream sauce, Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew, as well as this delicious Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffin recipe.
This is the best Starbucks Pumpkin spice cold foam chai tea latte
This new fall drink has been requested by so many of you and I am happy to say that you can finally recreate it at home and skip the crazy drive-through lanes at your local coffee shop!
This year, as always the fall menu at Starbucks had their ultimate pumpkin spice cold brew as well as their PSL or pumpkin spice latte but they treated us some more with the newest iced pumpkin cream chai tea latte. It is a tea-based drink so no espresso here for anyone who isn’t a huge coffee lover but of course, you can always add espresso to it if you want.
What is the newest Starbucks pumpkin cream chai tea latte drink?
As per the Starbucks website, this drink is described as follows ” It is a blend of black tea infused with warming spices and topped with the famous pumpkin cream cold foam.
This pretty much is made with a mixture of chai concentrate and 2% milk poured over ice and topped with a creamy pumpkin spice-flavored cold foam. The two go so well together, especially for the fall season.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This delicious drink will save you so much money in the long run!
- With this recipe, you are going to take a regular iced chai tea latte and transform it into the perfect fall drink recipe.
- This is a cold beverage for whenever you are craving the flavors of fall drinks but don’t want something too hot.
Ingredients for this Starbucks iced pumpkin cream chai tea latte
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this pumpkin spice chai latte. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Chai concentrate- The Tazo Chai tea concentrate gives the closes flavor to the one Starbucks uses in their drink, but feel free to use your favorite chai in this recipe! That’s the beauty of making this recipe at home with ingredients that you actually enjoy!
- Milk- Starbucks uses 2% milk so you can either use that or use any other milk that you have on hand. I love using whole milk or even creamy oat milk for this drink recipe.
- Heavy cream – Make sure that your heavy cream is chilled before you use it.
- Pumpkin spice sauce- You can use homemade pumpkin spice sauce or storebought for this drink. I used the one I made in this recipe. It contains sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Pumpkin pie spice- This is optional but I love adding a light dusting of pumpkin spice on top of the pumpkin foam to really bring out those fall flavors.
How to make iced pumpkin cream chai latte
This is how you can make this delicious iced pumpkin cream chai spice drink. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a measuring cup add the heavy cream, milk, and the pumpkin sauce and froth using a handheld frother. You can also do this by adding your cold ingredients to a mason jar, closing the lid tightly, and shaking vigorously until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy.
- In a tall glass pour the chai tea concentrate and the milk over ice.
- Top the chai drink with the pumpkin spice cream, and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy your favorite new pumpkin drink!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What are some fun variations for this delicious Starbucks drink?
Some of my favorite variations of this drink would be:
- Adding some caramel sauce to your glass to really give it that fall holiday flavor.
- Turning it into an iced dirty chai latte by adding 1 or 2 espresso shots to the milk and chai concentrate mixture.
- Make the drink itself even more pumpkiny by adding a little of the pumpkin spice sauce into the chai mixture. Be aware that this will make it a little sweeter so taste and see what you prefer.
Can I double the recipe for this delicious pumpkin cream chai tea latte?
Absolutely! This recipe makes enough for one serving but you can click the x2 or x3 in the recipe card to adjust the measurements of r 2 or 3 drinks instead of just one. And guess what!? The price will still be a whole lot cheaper than the one that you would purchase in stores.
Does this drink have caffeine?
This drink does have caffeine, not as much as an espresso drink would but since chai tea is made using black tea you will get a little bit of a kick from it. The Grande Starbucks one has about 95mg of caffeine. No depending on what chai you are using yours can have a little less or more than that. Check your chai container for more info.
Does this drink have a lot of sugar?
Yes, it has a pretty hefty amount of sugar per serving because of the chai concentrate that it uses.
Can I make the Starbucks iced pumpkin cream chai tea latte with less sugar?
Yes! My biggest tip would be to use a sugar-free chai tea concentrate to lessen the amount of sugar in your drink. This will in turn lower the amount of calories in your beverage as well.
What other fall menu items did Starbucks release?
Alongside the OG’s, aka the loved pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin cream cold brew, as well as apple crisp macchiato, they also brought a new iced oatmilk apple crisp shaken espresso drink as well as a delicious baked apple croissant filled with warm apple filling.
Iced Pumpkin cream chai tea latte
Starbucks Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Tea Latte
- ½ cup chai tea concentrate Taste and adjust to taste. Add more to give it a stronger chai flavor.
- ½ cup 2 % milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream very cold
- 1 tablespoon milk cold
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin spice sauce cold
- pumpkin pie spice optional
- In a measuring cup mix the heavy cream, pumpkin spice sauce, and milk with a handheld frother for 30-60 seconds until thick and creamy. You can also mix these ingredients in a mason jar with a lid tightly on, and shake vigorously.¼ cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon milk, 3 tablespoon pumpkin spice sauce
- In a tall glass full of ice pour the chai tea concentrate and the mix and stir to combine.½ cup chai tea concentrate, ½ cup 2 % milk
- Top the chai tea latte with the pumpkin cold foam, add a dusting of pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!pumpkin pie spice
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!