This s’mores peanut butter cookies recipe is one of those recipes that will be gone so fast! It is as easy as making any other cookie recipe, just add in some marshmallows and watch everyone devour them like no other!
S’mores S’mores S’mores… My life seems like it’s flooded with S’mores. A couple of months back, I entered the Ghirardelli S’mroes contest and was one of the finalists! I was super excited but I did not win that time.
It was still a pretty cool experience nonetheless, and I learned a lot so it’s a win win situation!
On a side note, can you believe that when I googled “peanut butter s’mores cookie recipe” most of the results were cookie bars!?!?
That’ absolutely outraging, I kept looking and looking and couldn’t really find any peanut butter s’mores cookies!
What is you love both peanut butter and s’mores…huh?! What are you supposed to do?!
But fear no more! Next time you get a craving for these…
…You come to this peanut butter S’mores recipe 😀
We often associate S’mores with summer time and camping and late nights of fun and laughter. But I am here to break the stereotype! These S’mores cookies can be made easily at your house and would be the perfect all year round recipe for all of us s’mores lovers!
They are deliciously chocolatey, marshmallowy, and so so chewy… Need I say more or are you convinced? Because I could definitely add in the fact that they will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
How does that sound!? are you ready to make these delicious S’mores cookies yet!
Ingredients you will need for these Peanut butter S’mores cookies
This Peanut butter s’mores cookie is a combination of a peanut butter cookie and a chocolate chip cookie with a nice addition of mallows! So the ingredients are going to be pretty basic, but here is what you will need:
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- An egg
- Baking Soda
- Cram of tartar
- Mini marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
See! Just like I said, this is just like your regular chocolate chip cookie except that it has added peanut butter… Because well who doesn’t love peanut butter and mini marshmallows!
What peanut butter should I use?
Well, my friend… You can use whatever you have at home!
I love when recipes let you use whatever is available to you so I had to make it this way for this recipe. If you have crunchy peanut butter use that. If you have smooth peanut butter use that. and if you have both use 1/4 cup of smooth and 1/4 cup of crunchy!
This one is going to be up to you 🙂
Tips and Tricks for the Perfect S’mores cookies recipe!
Just like any other cookie recipe, these S’mores cookies are easy to make. But there are some tips I’d like to share with you to make sure that your batch comes out absolutely perfect!
- Tip number 3, do not over-mix your cookie dough! Always mix it just enough to get everything incorporated and that’s all. No one wants a tough cookie even though we all wanna be it 😉 !
- Tip number 2, make sure to use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat! when it comes to cookies you don’t want to spray your baking sheet with non stick cooking spray because that will only add excess grease and turn everything into a greasy puddly mess!
- Tip number 3, do not over-bake your cookies! As I often say, with cookie you always want them a bit under baked! The heat from the cookie itself will continue baking it long after you’ve pulled it out of the oven, Trust me 🙂
What’s all the fuss about these peanut butter cookies anyways?!
These are not your regular peanut butter cookies! These are a mix of a couple of favorites flavors and textures that we think would go amazingly together.
They are absolutely soft and chewy just like the best chocolate chip cookie you’ve ever had while having that delicious peanut buttery flavor… Add the marshmallows to the mix and you are left with a party in your mouth… Literally!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
S’mores cookies recipe
S’mores Peanut Butter Cookies
- First, start by preheating the oven to 350F, then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and both peanut butters. Continue mixing until it turns light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, and the room temp water and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and continue mixing on low speed, scraping the sides as you go. Fold in the chocolate chips and the mini marshmallows.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop round balls onto the cookie sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Can I make this recipe without peanut butter?
No. This cookie recipe is specifically designed to contain the 1/2 cup of peanut butter. But if you are not fond of peanut butter in your cookies, I would recommend taking a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe and adding marshmallows to it!
I will try and post a regular s’mores cookies recipe as soon as possible!
How to store these delicious S’mores cookies?
To store these S’mores cookies, place them in an airtight container and store them at room temp for up to 6 days.
You could also freeze the cookies themselves or the cookie dough in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
More cookie recipes you will adore!
- 17 days of holiday cookie recipes- This is one of the most popular articles on my blog as of right now! I have put an array of recipes that you can make this holiday season
- Chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies
- No chill brown butter white chocolate macadamia cookies
- Apple Cinnamon oatmeal cookies
- Huge INTERNET FAMOUS chocolate chunk cookies
- Dulce de leche stuffed snickerdoodle cookies
Shop this recipe
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.