These chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies are life changing! They come together so easily and are sure to impress the crowds this holiday season. As for now, I am going to enjoy these as I am curled up under a blanket sipping some tea and reading a good book!
Make sure to subscribe to my email list to stay up to date on all the amazing recipes I share 🙂
First of all did you know that walnut season is September through October!?
This makes this recipe even more relevant given this information that I just found out as we are speaking! I’m actually pretty stoked about this because I always like to use seasonal ingredients…
I definitely am guilty of not always doing that but, I try my best… What can a girl do, you know!
What ingredients do we need to make these chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies?
I made this recipe late at night because the cravings hit hard, so I did not have the time or the energy to go out to the store to grab more ingredients so I used what I had.
For this recipe you will need:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- All-purpose flour
- coconut oil or any other neutral oil to thin out the chocolate a bit more.
Doesn’t this look like the easiest slice and bake cookie recipe just from these ingredients mentioned!!
How to make these chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies?
Let me tell you… cookies have really become my specialty. My sister and boyfriend are always asking for more, so I have to keep coming out with newer better ideas!
For this specific chocolate walnut slice and bake cookie recipe all you need to do is mix the butter and sugar until everything is incorporated and the mix has become lighter in color.
Then fold in the flour, pumpkin pie spices, salt gradually until a uniform dough has formed. Roll the cookie dough into a roll or about 10-12 inches and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
When the dough is chilled proceed to slicing it into 16 equal cookies and bake for 15 minutes. After baking the cookies let them rest, dip half of every cookie in chocolate and sprinkle with some sea salt or chopped walnuts.
They are this easy! and they will for sure become a staple holiday cookie for you as well!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Some more recipes you will LOVE!
Chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies
chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies
- 1 stick butter soft but not melted
- ¼ cup+1tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- ¼ cup walnuts walnuts
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp coconut oil
- extra sea salt for sprinkling
- in a medium bowl combine the sugar and butter, mix, beat, or whisk until the sugar is evenly distributed and the butter has become light in color.
- Fold in the flour, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spices gradually. Continuing to mix until a uniform dough is formed. Add in the walnuts and fold one last time.
- Roll into a a log of about 10-12 inches long, wrap in with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Now, preheat the oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. When the log is chilled enough slice the log into 16 equal cookies and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cook for 20 minutes.
- This step is optional but who doesn't love a nice smooth coat of chocolate on their cookies so I always go for it. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- When its completely melted dip half of the cookie in the chocolate, place it back on the parchment paper and sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top.
Tips and tricks for the perfect slice and bake cookies
These cookies are very simple and these tips will ensure and even better finish!
- When measuring the flour, don’t pack it in the measuring cup. Scoop it with a spoon onto the measuring cup and don’t pack it! if you add too much flour, the cookie will be too crumbly.
- Make sure the oven is preheated to the right temperature before baking these cookies.
- Do no over bake the cookies, these cookies will stay lighter in color. The bottom will be a little brown and that’s okay, but we still want the top to stay lighter.
More cookie recipes you will fall in love with!
Like I said, we are obsessed with cookies in this house hold, so check out some more cookies that I Have previously shared with you guys!
- Dulce de leche stuffed snicker doodle cookies
- No chill brown butter macadamia nut white chocolate cookies
- Internet famous chocolate chip cookies
- Gluten free vegan tahini sesame seed cookies
- Momofuku everything but the sink cookie
Product you might like
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Leave a Comment