I bet you’re craving peanut butter blondies with Reese’s hearts right about now. These are moist, rich and delicious peanut butter explosions. The blondie is packed with delicious peanut butter and is topped with Valentine’s day Reese’s heart candies.
Sign up to our mailing list get a FREE weekly meal planner and recipe card!
I might be a little late for this one, but hey what is time right now. I have literally lost track of time at this point so I’m gonna post this super late peanut butter heart valentine’s day blondies recipe for you.
There is a lot more where that came from too… Hint, hint, I still have some dove chocolate hearts that will be making their debut at some point on the blog.
What do you want me to make using those delicious Dove dark chocolate and milk chocolate hearts? I’d love to make something that you guys request and an recreate at home. Let me know in the comments below what you want me to make with those and I’ll make sure to get it done ASAP! Any early Valentine’s day ideas?? Or maybe I should say late Valentine’s day ideas!
Anyways… As I was saying, I have pretty much lost track of time. Granted, I usually work from home so I am okay being home, but I always go to the gym for at least an hour or two. So now that my daily outing has been taken away from me, I am losing my mind ( I am glad everything closed here in Las Vegas, this way we can keep things contained and hopefully beat the virus quicker but it still is pretty tough.)
So I try to keep myself as busy as possible. I have been making at least one fresh meal a day, and I bake whenever I can. I try not to use up all the ingredients I have to avoid having to go to the store too often but my egg stash is not looking too good!!
Attention peanut butter lovers this is the best recipe I can share with you!
As I looked through my computer I found a couple of recipes that I didn’t get to yet so I thought this is the perfect time to share them with you guys 🙂
Today’s recipe is going to be this delicious, soft and chewy peanut butter blondie recipe with Reese’s peanut butter heart candies. I should’ve posted this on Valentine’s day, but hey I bought all of these chocolates on the day after valentine’s day sale!
Yes! Ya girl out here shopping smart!
If you love blondies these recipe are for you!
What is so special about these Reese’s peanut butter blondies?
These peanut butter blondies are the best treat for those peanut butter lovers out there! I love making these sweet treat when I don’t have too much time because they come together very quickly.
The blondies themselves are very versatile, you can dress them up or down however you want! Here are some variations I usually go with:
- Plan peanut butter blondies – When I’m feeling lazy or I just want something simple, I omit the Reese’s candies.
- peanut butter blondies with mini chocolate chips – You can either add some chocolate chips to the batter or just add them on top of the blondies. I can never say not to peanut butter and chocolate together!
- Peanut butter blondies with cheese cake swirls – Cheese cake is my !favorite, and adding it to blondies and brownies is my second favorite!!
- Peanut butter blondies with nuts – You can either use crunchy peanut butter or just add in your own peanuts to the batter!! Double peanut deliciousness.
- Peanut butter blondies with Nutella – AKA chocolate and peanut butter bombs! I love adding swirls of Nutella to the top of my peanut butter blondies. They make the blondies look gorgeous and taste amazing. These are the perfect PMS treats.
So with all these different peanut butter variations what are you waiting for!
Ingredients for peanut butter blondies
For these Reese’s peanut butter blondie you will need:
- Brown sugar
- An egg
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter
- All purpose flour
- Reese’s hearts or cups or whatever you can find
What if I don’t find the heart shaped Reese’s?
Heart shaped Reese’s are not mandatory. You can always use Reese’s cup or any peanut butter chocolate you can get your hands on. If you are not a fan of Reese’s you can actually make these with nothing on top, they have the perfect peanut butter flavor and don’t need anything else if you ask me.
I was able to find them on amazon in case you really want to make those!
Click here for the heart shaped Reese’s
Hello peanut butter lovers! Here are more peant butter recipes for you 🙂
Make sure to check out these delicious peanut butter treats!
How to make peanut butter blondies
Below you will get easy simplified steps for this peanut butter blondie recipe. You can scroll down for the detailed version 🙂
- First, preheat the oven to 350F then line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl, melt the butter, add in the brown sugar and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add in the room temp eggs, vanilla and whisk again. When that’s combined add in the peanut butter and mix until creamy.
- Add in the flour and salt and gently fold. Don’t over-mix.
- Pour the peanut butter blondie batter in the prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. When the blondies are done, pull them out of the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- While the blondies are cooling down, unwrap the Reese’s candies.
- Press the 16 Reese’s candies evenly on top of the peanut butter blondies, slice and enjoy!
If you love blondies, you’ll love these brownies too!
- cheesecake red velvet brownies
- Easy chewy cocoa powder brownies
- Bakery style brownies without cocoa powder
- Cake mix brownies
Tips on how to make the best homemade peanut butter blondies!
- Don’t over-mix – When making these chewy peanut butter blondies, make sure to not over-mix your batter once you add in the flour. You can to keep your blondies chewy and soft still.
- Wait until the blondies cool down a little before placing your heart shaped Reese’s if you want – When I made my blondies, I was overzealous so I placed my Reese’s heart on top of the blondies right away! Unfortunately they didn’t retain their perfect heart shape too well as you can see below. So let your blondies cool down a tab bit before topping them with the Reese’s chocolate!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Peanut butter blondies with Reese’s hearts
Peanut butter blondies with Reese’s hearts
- 8×8 baking pan
- 16 Resse's hearts or mini Reese's cups
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F, then line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl melt the butter. Add in the brown sugar and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add in the room temperature egg and vanilla and whisk again, to .mix everything together then add the peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt and fold just until combined. Pour the peanut butter blondie batter into the lined baking pan, spread it evenly then bake for 20 minutes.
- Once baked, pull out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. While that's cooling, unwrap 16 Reese's chocolate peanut butter hearts.
- Once the 5 minutes are done, press the Reese's heart to the top of the blondie evenly. Now you can either slice and enjoy right away or let the chocolate harden again and then slice for more of a clean finish.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!