These are the best hemp seed chocolate bliss balls ever. They are made using Manitoba harvest hemp seeds to increase the omega-3 and protein content. These make for the perfect healthy snack on the go or just when you are craving something sweet and chocolatey!
Sign up to our mailing list get a FREE weekly meal planner and recipe card!
I hope this article finds you in good health, both physically and mentally! I know that a lot of us are having to stay indoor for the next 2-4 weeks because of this ravaging virus and I wanted to bring you something you can easily make at home to satisfy those chocolate cravings while still staying healthy!
This article is not sponsored by Manitoba harvest but I was selected to be one of their brand ambassadors on instagram. So because of that I receive a box full of goodies! Some of the things I received were:
- Regular and organic hemp seeds
- 3 different flavors of their hemp bars
- A reusable tote bag
- 2 passes for lifetime gym which I can’t wait to use at some point
I have used this product previously in other recipes I have shared with you without being a brand ambassador, so you should know that this is absolutely my favorite go to hemp seed brand.
More hemp seed recipes
- Sweet potato smoothie
- mango breakfast smoothie bowl
- allergy relief green smoothie bowl
- Gut healing buddha bowl
What is so special about this hemp seed chocolate bliss ball recipe?
I love these hemp seed chocolate bliss balls because they are the perfect little snack. They are healthy but still taste superrich and delicious.
The chocolate bliss balls themselves are soft and melt in your mouth, while the chocolate drizzles gives them the perfect crack when you bite into them. They are absolutely rich, fudgy, chocolaty and oh so healthy!
First off, what are bliss balls?
Bliss balls are the perfect little to go snack. I consider bliss balls to be healthy little goodness balls. They are often made using nuts and seeds, with some natural sweetener. May people use either nut butters, coconut oil or something similar to hold them together!
Ingredients for these hemp choco bliss balls
I linked some of my favorite ingredients below so that you can grab them as well and make these amazing choco bliss balls.
Where to get hemp seeds from?
Because of the growing popularity of hemp seeds you can find them everywhere. I was able to get these hemp seeds from Costco but I also saw these at regular grocery stores.
If all else fails you can always go to the Manitoba harvest website and order from there or even better amazon has it and you can get it shipped quickly if you have amazon prime.
Are these hemp seed bliss balls vegan?
Yess!!! These chocolate hemp seed balls are the best vegan option. They are made with plant based ingredient to satisfy everyone. From those who are vegan to those who are not.
Some might not even tell that these bliss balls are vegan. This recipe uses dates to sweeten them instead of using honey. It also uses dairy free chocolate so that they are perfectly vegan!
How to make these vegan bliss balls?
these incredibly easy chocolate bliss balls don’t require much. Pop your ingredients in the food processor, pulse and get an incredible chocolate bliss ball dough ready to roll.
- Start by removing the pit from the dates, then place the dates in the food processor with 1-2 tablespoon of very hot water. Pulsate until a ball forms.
- Add in the nut butter, hemp seeds and cocoa powder and pulse a few more times until the dough comes together
- Refrigerate the dough them using a tablespoon, scoop out 12 equal balls. Roll them and drizzle them with some melted chocolate.
- Top that with extra hemp seeds, snap a quick photo of your beautiful creation and sharing with with me on instagram by tagging me @chahinez_tbt ! Can’t wait to see your creations 🙂
Look at that chocolate drizzle!
How to store my hemp seed chocolate bliss balls?
You can store your vegan chocolate bliss balls two ways. All you have to do is place them in an airtight container then in the fridge. This technique will make them last 6-7 days.
If you want to store them for longer place the choco bliss balls in an airtight container and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Hemp seed chocolate bliss balls
hemp seed chocolate bliss balls
- food processor
- ½ cup dates ( about 8 dates)
- 1-2 tablespoon hot water optional, use only if your dates are a little hard
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoon chocolate chips for topping
- more hemp seeds for topping
- First start by pitting the dates and placing them in a food processor, add in 1 tablespoon of hot water at a time and pulsate until a ball forms.
- Add in the peanut butter, hemp seeds and cocoa powder and pulse a few more times to combine everything. The dough should be moist but still holds its shape. If the dough is too wet add a little bit more cocoa powder.
- Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes then using a tablespoon, scoop out some of dough and gently roll it into balls. Place the hemp seed bliss balls on a parchment lined baking sheet. there should be about 12 equally sized balls.
- Is a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave about 30 seconds at a time then drizzle it on the chocolate bliss balls. Top with a sprinkle of hemp seeds and place back in the fridge to set.
Tips to make these hemp seed bliss balls perfect every time!
- Go slow with the hot water– If your dates are soft and moist don’t add the hot water right away. place them in the food processor and pulsate until they form a ball. If your dates are a little on the hard side, add one tablespoon of water at a time and pulsate.
- If the mixture is too wet at the end add some more cocoa powder- The moistness of the recipe will depend on how wet your dates are and how much water you add in. If your final bliss ball dough is too wet then add a little bit of cocoa powder and mix again until you reach the desired consistency.
Thank you for making it all the way down here! If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to let me know in the comments down below!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment