This Mcdonald’s strawberry shortcake mcflurry is an easy and delicious way to enjoy your favorite fast food dessert year-round. Plus this one tastes a lot better than the one that Mcdonald’s has been serving this season. Try it and let me know what you think!
Since you are here make sure to check out this m&m’s McFlurry, Mcdonald’s Oreo McFlurry, Mcdonald’s mango pineapple smoothie, this Mcdonald’s caramel frappe, as well as this Mcdonald’s caramel iced coffee.
As soon as McDonald’s released their newest Mcflurry flavor “the Strawberry shortcake McFlurry” I RAN! I ran, I tell you to try it and remake it for you.
I saw a ton of negative reviews about it and to be honest I think it could’ve been better. When you think Strawberry shortcake you want more buttery flavor and even more strawberry flavor and I think it was lacking that.
This is the best Mcdonald’s Strawberry Shortcake McFlurry recipe ever!
So I took it upon myself to recreate a better version of the strawberry shortcake by using golden Oreos to give it that shortcake, buttery, creamy flavor and added some Strawberry jello for the Strawberry flavor.
I think this is a very approachable recipe because for the most part, we all have all of the ingredients at home or can grab them at our nearest grocery store.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Cost-effective – Making this dessert at home will save you a ton of money in the long run.
- Customizable – Making this at home makes it easier to customize. You can add or remove whatever you please no need to worry about bothering the McDonald’s workers since you are doing it all on your own.
- Fun activity- Making this dessert at home will allow you to have a little extra fun with the little ones. Get them involved in decorating their McFlurries with the strawberry shortcake crunch.
- No waiting in lines – This is a really popular item right now and I bet you everyone is going to try it, making the lines extra long, and who has the time for that when you can have this from start to finish in less than 15-20 minutes!
Ingredients for this Strawberry Shortcake McFlurry
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this strawberry McFlurry. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
How to make Mcdonald’s Strawberry Shortcake McFlurry
This is how you can make this delicious spring 2023 McFlurry. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
Strawberry shortcake crunch
- Crush the golden Oreos in a medium bowl or in a food processor until a good majority of it is crushed but there still are some larger chunks.
- Top with ½ a packet of strawberry jello and melted butter.
- Sirt well to combine then transfer to a baking sheet and bake.
- Allow the strawberry shortcake crunch to cool down fully before adding it to your McFlurry.
McDonald’s soft serve ice cream
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill a serving glass halfway with the ice cream mixture.
- Layer it with the strawberry shortcake crunch then top with more ice cream and extra strawberry shortcake crunch.
- Enjoy your own homemade McDonald’s strawberry shortcake mcflurry.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use different JEllo flavors for the crunch in this recipe?
You 100% can! This would be so fun to make with lime, lemon, or even orange jello for a fun twist on this McFlurry recipe.
How to store leftover strawberry crunch?
If you have any leftovers of the strawberry shortcake crunch you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
CAN YOU MAKE MCFLURRIES IN ADVANCE?
McFlurries are best made when you’re ready to enjoy them. They are characterized by their soft serve texture that comes from adding a liquid and blending.
So if you freeze your McFlurry for too long before enjoying it will harden back up to ice cream and will lose that delicious texture.
So if you need to freeze your McFlurry for a few minutes before serving, go ahead. But I wouldn’t recommend freezing it for longer than 20 minutes as it would throw off the texture.
McDonald’s Strawberry shortcake McFlurry
Strawberry shortcake mcflurry
Strawberry shortcake crunch
- 12 golden oreos
- 2 tablespoon butter salted
- ½ packet strawberry jello (½ a packed of the 3oz jello boxes so roughly 1.5oz)
Mcflurry soft serve
- 2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz cool whip frozen
- 1 tablespoon milk
Make the strawberry shortcake crunch
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Crush the Golden Oreos using a food processor or by placing them in a ziplock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.12 golden oreos
- Transfer to a bowl, add the strawberry jello, drizzle with the melted butter, then allow it to sit for 30-60 seconds before stirring to combine2 tablespoon butter, ½ packet strawberry jello
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, spread evenly, and bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow this strawberry shortcake crunch to cool down fully.
Make the mcflurry
- Add the ice cream, cool whip, and milk to a blender and blend fully2 cup vanilla ice cream, 3 oz cool whip, 1 tablespoon milk
- Layer some soft serve and strawberry shortcake crunch and repeat once more. It is best to use a a clear glass for looks. And enjoy!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!