This 3 ingredient M&M’s McFlurry is inspired by one of my favorite McDonald’s frozen treats! If you have ever craved an M&M McFlurry but found out that the ice cream machine was down, I have the solution for you. This homemade m&m’s ice cream can be made and enjoyed straight in the comfort of your own home.
Since you love McFlurries, checkout 4th of July Oreos Dipped in White Chocolate, The best Crumbl Oreo Birthday Cake Cookies, Golden Oreo Truffles with Cream cheese, and even Crumbl Golden Oreo Cookies with White Chocolate Chips!
One of the most fun treats anyone can have from McDona’ds is a McFlurry. Now make that an M&M McFlurry and you’re talking.
The perfect most creamy sweet ice cream with the right amount of mini M&M’s to get that crispy chocolatey bite every time.
THIS IS THE BEST OREO MCFLURRY RECIPE EVER!
Today I’ll be showing you exactly how to make this in the comfort of your own home for a lot cheaper and without having to worry about the ice cream machine being broken.
WHY DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE!
- It makes a single-serve M&M’s Mcflurry.
- Can be made in its serving cup, which means fewer dishes! (use a nutri bullet for this)
- This homemade M&M McFlurry can be made anytime regardless of if the ice cream machines are down or not.
- Perfect for both kids and adults alike.
WHAT IS A MCFLURRY?
McFlurries are one of the many McDonald’s creations. It is a whipped, soft-serve, vanilla-flavored ice cream that had bits of candies or cookies mixed in it.
It is served with a special spoon that attaches to a machine that will mix it all together to combine all the ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS OREO MCFLURRY COPYCAT RECIPE
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this McDonald’s McFlurry. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla ice cream- Use good quality ice cream for the best-flavored McFlurry.
- Heavy cream/milk– The heavy cream or milk will help thin out the ice cream and give it more of that soft serve texture.
- Cool Whip- This helps get that super creamy McFlurry texture!
- Mini M&M’s- Can’t forget the Oreos to make this Oreo ice cream treat!
HOW TO MAKE MCDONALD’S mini M&M’s MCFLURRY?
This is how you can make this childhood favorite treat. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place the ice cream and heavy cream/milk in a wide-mouth jar or glass.
- Blend the ice cream and heavy cream mixture with a hand blender until smooth and creamy
- Add in the mini m&M’s and mix just until combined.
- Garnish with extra crushed Oreos.
- Enjoy straight from the cup!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – FAQ
CAN I USE DIFFERENT COOKIES OR CANDIES IN THIS MCFLURRY?
You sure can! I love McFlurries so much because they always ( or almost always) have different options. The most basic ones are the Oreos ones and the mini M&m’s.
They also had Butterfinger, caramel, brownie, and even cookie butter I heard. But I am saying all of this so that you know that any candies or cookies you want to add are a go. That’s the beauty of making your own homemade McFlurries!
Another thing that I love adding to my McFlurries had to be fresh fruits, berries are a top choice, but tropical fruits also will elevate your McFlurries to the next level for sure.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT FLAVORED ICE CREAM FOR MCFLURRIES?
This recipe can be made with any ice cream that you have on hand. The addition of the heavy cream won’t mess with the ice cream flavor too much so get creative with your McFlurries and let me know in the comments which one was your favorite flavor profile : )
CAN I MAKE THIS M&M MCFLURRY IN A BLENDER IF I DON’T HAVE A HAND BLENDER?
If you don’t have a hand blender you can use your regular blender or a Nutri bullet.
I decided to use my hand blender to have fewer dishes and make it right where I will be serving it.
CAN YOU MAKE this m&m’s mcflurry IN ADVANCE?
McFlurries are best made when you’re ready to enjoy them. They are characterized by their soft serve texture that comes from adding a liquid and blending.
So if you freeze your McFlurry for too long before enjoying it will harden back up to ice cream and will lose that delicious texture.
So if you need to freeze your McFlurry for a few minutes before serving, go ahead. But I wouldn’t recommend freezing it for longer than 20 minutes as it would throw off the texture.
HOMEMADE M&M MCFLURRY MCDONALD’S COPYCAT RECIPE
McDonald’s M&m’s Mcflurry
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 oz cool whip or 3 oz whipped cream chilled
- 2 tablespoon milk
- ⅓ cup mini m&m's more for topping
- Add the ice cream, cool whip, and milk to a blender and blend until smooth.2 cups vanilla ice cream, 3 oz cool whip, 2 tablespoon milk
- Add in the m&m's and mix with a sptatula.⅓ cup mini m&m's
- Serve in a cup, top with extra m&m's, and enjoy with a spoon!
Leave a Comment