If you’ve ever wondered how to make a berry smoothie you’re at the right place. This berry smoothie recipe is a great healthy snack or healthy breakfast on the go. It is made with healthy ingredients that you probably have on hand or can grab at your local grocery store.
Since you are here, make sure to check out this Mcdonald’s strawberry banana smoothie, this toasted hazelnut banana smoothie, this mango pineapple smoothie, and of course this high-protein peach banana smoothie.
I personally think that fruit smoothies are one of the most elite things that you can have during the hot summer months. They’re made with frozen fruits, making them extra thick and refreshing but also packed with all the nutritious vitamins, minerals, and everything else in between.
This is the best berry smoothie ever.
This recipe is dear to my heart because I used to have it almost every day while I was in college, it is easy and can be whipped up super fast in the morning as long as you have your frozen fruit on hand you’ll be able to make this delicious berry smoothie in no time.
For best results make sure to use a high-speed blender so that all of your ingredients and frozen berries especially are well combined and smooth throughout.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Fruit smoothies are a great option for both snacks or even breakfast.
- This drink recipe is a great way to enjoy something tasty and consume a ton of nutrients.
- It is packed with antioxidants.
Ingredients for this healthy mixed berry smoothie recipe
Here are the simple ingredients you will need to make this mid-day snack smoothie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Fresh berries frozen
- Ripe banana- I like using a frozen banana to make this smoothie extra creamy.
- Plain greek yogurt
- Liquid of choice- You can use whole milk, regular milk, plant-based milk like coconut milk, soy milk, or oat milk, apple juice, orange juice, or even coconut water to aid in hydration.
- Honey– or any sweetener you would like (optional)
- Add some greens like spinach or kale for a green smoothie that is packed with nutrients and fiber.
- Add extra fiber to your smoothies by adding some chia seeds, flax seeds, or even hemp hearts which also contain a good amount of protein, and healthy fats as well.
- Add in some old-fashioned oats to make your smoothie even more filling and increase the fiber and protein as well.
- Add in peanut butter or almond butter to turn this into a pb and J smoothie.
How to make this mixed berries super creamy smoothie?
This is how you can make this perfect berry smoothie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Add all the ingredients to a good blender and blend until combined.
- Pour in a tall glass and enjoy with your favorite straw.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can you store this berry smoothie?
You sure can. If you have any leftovers, you can place them in a mason jar with a tight lid in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just know that the smoothie might separate and will be a little more liquid now that the berries have thawed. Shake it well before enjoying to help with the separation.
Can I make this smoothie dairy free?
You sure can! Feel free to use a plant-based yogurt instead of the dairy milk greek yogurt that I am using here.
How can I add extra protein to my fruit smoothies?
The simplest way is to add Greek yogurt to the smoothie but here are a few other ways you can make that happen:
- Protein powder- You can use whichever protein powder you like, I think a vanilla protein powder goes so well with this specific smoothie. You can also do a peanut butter protein powder for peanut butter and jelly-inspired smoothie.
- Nuts, seeds, and nut butters- Be careful when adding nut butter though, because they tend to be higher calories in them increasing the calories of your overall smoothie.
- Silken tofu- I love adding silken tofu to my smoothies because it is naturally smoother and will not change the flavor of your smoothie while adding a good amount of protein.
Adding extra protein to your smoothies will make them extra filling for longer periods of time.
Creamy berry smoothie recipe
How to make mixed berry smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- ½ banana frozen
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup coconut water or apple juice / orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice optional but can use honey or maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.1 cup frozen mixed berries, ½ banana, ⅓ cup Greek yogurt, 1 cup coconut water, 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment