High protein cottage cheese queso is one of those things that you didn’t know you needed until you give it a try for the first time. It is made with only a handful of simple ingredients like nutritional yeast, blended cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, and whatever toppings your heart desires. It is the perfect substitute for the queso you usually have at restaurants but with enough protein to keep you satisfied for a whole lot longer. This has become one of my favorite ways to enjoy cottage cheese and I hope
Since you are here, I know you will also love this cottage cheese cookie dough, this healthy hummus recipe, this healthy banana bread recipe, as well as this 3 ingredients almond butter cookie recipe.
This is the best cottage cheese queso recipe
As soon as I saw that cottage cheese queso was trending I tried making my own version for dinner.
Oh boy, was it good!!! Especially since it is the perfect girl’s meal. A little cheese dip, some healthy tortilla chips, a side of veggies and you have yourself a healthy well-balanced meal with enough protein to keep you satisfied for a few hours.
It was so good that I immediately wrote it down and decided to share it with you because this creamy dip is truly revolutionary. It’s the best thing for ya and turns out delicious every time.
Why you need to make this high protein queso recipe!
- It’s healthy, it’s quick to make, and it tastes out of this world!
- This dip has a high protein content compared to its counterpart.
- If you’re on a low-carb diet, this is the perfect recipe for you. Just enjoy it with veggies or low-carb tortilla chips.
- This viral tiktok recipe can be doubled, tripled, or whatever number you need to multiply it by to make a larger batch for your next family get-together or game day snacking.
- It doesn’t taste like cottage cheese at all, so even if you’re not a fan of cottage cheese, you will definitely become obsessed with this dip.
Ingredients for this cottage cheese queso
You will need the following ingredients to make this high-protein queso. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Cottage cheese- We are using one cup of cottage cheese for this recipe. You can use
- Cheddar cheese- I love a good sharp cheddar queso but feel free to use whatever other cheeses you might like. Think pepper jack,
- Nutritional yeast
- Taco seasoning– Taco seasoning is made up of paprika, chili powder, cumin powder, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and salt. You can use a homemade version or use storebought. Whatever is most helpful to you is best for this perfect dip!
How to make this easy cottage cheese dip?
This is how you can make this healthy queso dip. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Blend the cottage cheese until you get a creamy texture.
- Add in the nutritional yeast, the shredded cheddar, as well as the taco seasoning, and blend again to combine.
- Pour the cheese sauce into a microwave-safe dish, top with extra shredded cheese if you’d like, and microwave in 30-second increments for one minute.
- Allow it to cool for 1 minute, top with green onions, scallions, or even pico, and then serve with your choice of dipping utensils! I love having it with tortilla chips, or broccoli pieces.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What are some benefits of cottage cheese?
Cottage cheese is not only packed with protein but is also fairly low in calories making this a great addition to your meal plan if you want something that feels like a treat but will keep you on track to hit your macronutrients.
It is also rich in calcium as well as certain amino acids to help with maintaining strong bones and teeth while helping your muscles heal and recover.
The best part is that it keeps you full for longer, and who doesn’t like foods that help with maintaining satiety?
How to store this delicious cottage cheese dip for later?
This dip stores so well and will stay tasting delicious even after a day or two. All you have to do is wrap the dish you made it in saran wrap or plastic wrap and store it in the fridge for later. To reheat it, just microwave it in 30-second increments again for one minute.
What to eat with your cottage cheese queso dip?
Here are a few of my favorite sides for this skinny queso dip:
- Raw veggies
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced bell peppers
- On top of hard-boiled eggs
- Pita chips
- Pico de Gallo
- Chicken quesadillas or nay quesadillas that you like.
- French fries
- Pretzel bites
Can I make it in the oven or air fryer instead of the microwave?
Absolutely! To make it in the air fryer, cook it at 350F for 7-10 minutes, and to make it in the oven cook it at 350F for 15-17 minutes!
My favorite part is to add cheese on top and use the broiler to get that cheese ooey gooey before serving!
High protein creamy cottage cheese queso
high protein Cottage Cheese Queso – Viral Tiktok recipe
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon nutriotinal yeast optional but reccomended
- Blend the cottage cheese in a blender, food processor, or immersion blender until smooth.1 cup cottage cheese
- Add in the grated cheese, taco seasoning, and nutritional yeast if using, and blend again until smooth.⅓ cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon taco seasoning, 1 tablespoon nutriotinal yeast
- Pour the mixture into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals for one minute or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve as is, with chopped-up green onions, or even salsa on top. Enjoy this dip with tortilla chips, veggies, protein chips, or by the spoonful!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!