Almond butter cookies… If you haven’t tried these yet, they are incredible and you need to make them ASAP! These healthy 3-ingredient almond butter cookies, are flourless only have 116 calories each, are gluten free, vegan and taste out of this freaking world!!!!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I said this before and I’ll say this again! Eating the food I am writing about as I am writing about it makes it so much easier to write!! It makes me feel inspired all over again.
LEt me first tell you how there delicious sea salt dark chocolate almond butter cookies were born…
One lazy afternoon, I found myself having a crazy crazy cooie craving but since I haven’t been eating too well I didn’t want to cave in a make a batch of regular chocolate chip cookies.
I needed to find a sollution to cure my sweet tooth fast but also not break the calorie bank because ya girl is getting thick… I mean can’t blame me, quarantine for 3 months + all the delicious treats I bake for the blog = a nice little layer of thickness on Chahinez.
But hey! We are taking matters in our own hands and if you need to do the same these almond flourless cookies only have 116 calories each! So you can enjoy your little afternoon cookie treat without feeling too guilty.
I actually love having these after dinner as well because that’s when my sweet tooth is the craziest! You won’t have to worry about consuming something unhealthy before bed, thanks to these healthy 3-ingredient cookies!
What’s so special about these flourless almond butter cookies?
This is one of the easiest cookie recipe I have shares on Lifestyle of a foodie so far! Here is what’s so special about it:
- You only need 3 ingredients to make this and you probably have them at home!
- They only have 116 calories each
- These almond butter cookies are soft and chewy in the center
- They have a nice crispness to them on the outside
- They come together in less than 20 minutes!
- You don’t have to chill these cookies!
- They’re naturally gluten free
- Paleo… Need I say more?!
This is a paleo and gluten free almond butter cookie recipe!
This recipe is very dear to me because it is friendly to many diets!
- You’re on a low calorie diet? Perfect! These cookies only have 116 calories each.
- You are sensitive to gluten? You got it! these almond butter cookies are flourless which means that they don’t contain nay gluten.
- Need something Paleo friendly? Awesome! The 3 ingredients used to make this super easy almond cookie recipe are all paleo friendly.
Can I use peanut butter for this recipe?
Absolutely! Using peanut butter for this recipe will result in a cookie as tasty as this one. Just make sure that you are using a natural peanut butter ( you know, the kind that separates when you leave it in the pantry for a couple of days)
That way you will have an exact replica of this recipe but with peanut butter. Actually, if you don’t want to wait for me, feel free to swap the almond butter for peanut butter and you will have yourself a super healthy peanut butter cookie recipe too!
Ingredients to make these low calorie flourless almond butter cookies
I’ve always loved recipes with only a few ingredients so this 3-ingredient almond cookies falls right up my alley. Here are the ingredients you’re
- Almond butter- You can use any natural almond butter you have. We are going for healthy cookies so that’s why I am saying use natural almond butter. I used the Fokken nut almond butter with dark chocolate and sea salt, so the cookies I got were slightly darker than if let’s say you use regular almond butter!
- Raw honey– Honey is a way healthier sweetener alternative. Make that honey raw and you will reap many extra health benefits!
- Egg– You will need one egg at room temperature to make everything hold together.
How does almond butter taste like?
Almond butter is like peanut butter but on steroid! It’s nuttier, richer and is an awesome alternative for those with peanut-only allergies!
Another thing to keep in mind since we are making healthy cookies is that almond butter is a tad bit healthier than peanut butter. It is slightly higher in vitamins (vitamin E), minerals (magnesium, iron), and fiber.
Best of all, almond butter often times has a little less calories than peanut butter so it’s a win win for us all!
How to make paleo, gluten free, flourless almond butter cookies?
To make this recipe you will need to:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and then line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine.
Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls and place them on your parchment lines baking sheet.
Flatten each cookie gently using a fork then bake for 11-12 minutes or until they start turning golden brown.
Do you like 3-ingredient recipes? Would you like me to share more 3 ingredient recipes on here?
If you’re a 3-ingredient recipe fan and have an idea of what you might want to see next let me know! I should be sharing something similar to this but with peanut butter soon as well as a couple other 3 ingredient recipes. So if you have any ideas, let me know so I can make your wildest dream come true!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Paleo, gluten free, healthy 3-ingredient almond butter cookies
These healthy almond butter cookies are absolutely delicious! They taste like a fudgy brownie bite with hints of honey and almond butter while still being good for you! Wow!
Healthy 3-ingredient almond butter cookies!
- food processor or mixer
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg
- First start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and then line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls and place them on your parchment lines baking sheet.
- Flatten each cookie gently using a fork then bake for 11-12 minutes or until they start turning golden brown.
If you made it all the way down here, thank you so much! If you tried these cookies make sure to let us know how they turned out in the comments down below!
Until next time!
Also don’t forget to follow me on the gram 😉
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment