This Crumbl patriotic birthday cake cookies are some of the best Crumbl cookies out there. Very simple yet they have the most perfect texture and flavor thanks to the homemade rich cream cheese frosting. These cookies are perfect for any of your patriotic parties or holidays like the 4th of July, memorial day, or even labor day.
Since you are here, make sure to take a look at these Crumbl classic pink sugar cookies, these Crumbl birthday cake cookies, Crumbl apple pie cookies, Crumbl honey butter glaze cookies, Crumbl funfetti cookies, Crumbl warm banana cookies, Crumbl brownie batter cookies, Crumbl dulce de leche cookies, Crumbl buckeye peanut butter cookies, Oreo birthday cake cookies with mini oreo cake balls on top, and this Crumbl chocolate chip chunky oatmeal cookie.
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
This is the best Crumbl patriotic birthday cake cookie recipe!
There is something extra special about a large soft sugar cookie that is topped with the best homemade cream cheese frosting that just hits the spot every time.
This time around we are making something that is inspired by the 4th of July week Crumbl release. It is available from Monday to Saturday which to be honest isn’t enough so I decided to recreate your favorite Crumbl buttery cookie recipe so you can enjoy it all year long!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These cookies are perfect for sugar cookie lovers plus they are made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- They are thick, soft, and chewy.
- These cookies require no chilling.
- You can add as many or as few sprinkles as you want to make your heart happy when decorating these cookies.
- These cookies can be made by hand, using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer.
- No need to wait months until Crumbl releases this flavor in store to be able to enjoy it. With this recipe, you can have it anytime plus you’ll save a ton of money in the long run because a $5 cookie isn’t cheap!
- This will quickly become a family favorite.
Ingredients for this Crumbl patriotic sugar cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this patriotic Crumbl sugar cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for the cookie base, but opt for unsalted butter for the frosting.
- Imperial Sugar granulated sugar and Imperial Sugar powdered sugar– The mixture of the two sugars will help make our cookies super soft.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent in this recipe, make sure to use an egg at room temperature.
- Pure vanilla extract- This will give both our cookie base as well as our frosting a delicious warm vanilla sugar cookie flavor.
- Cake batter flavoring- This will live this cookie that cake batter flavor.
- Flour– You will need AP flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder is the leavening agent for these cookies, it will help give them a little extra height.
- Salt– To balance out the sweetness of these cookies.
- Patriotic sprinkles- You can use whichever patriotic sprinkles you like to make these cookies fun and festive.
- Cream cheese– Use room-temperature cream cheese to make the frosting.
- Heavy cream– The heavy cream will be used to thin out the frosting if needed.
Why Imperial Sugar?
In this recipe, I used Imperial Sugar granulated and powdered sugar because I wanted a high-quality dessert that I would be proud to serve during this holiday and it truly delivered!
How to make these patriotic birthday cake cookies
This is how you can make patriotic crumbl dupes. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar together until creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and cake batter extract, and mix to combine. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Fold in the dry ingredients so flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, and bake them in the preheated oven.
MAKE THE vanilla cream cheese frosting WHILE THE COOKIES ARE COOLING DOWN.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Frost the cookies with a piping bag and a large round tip or a ziplock bag with the tip cut off.
- Top with extra sprinkles and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE CRUMBL patriotic sugar COOKIES?
These Crumbl 4th of July cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Make sure to pull them out of the fridge and let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them.
Can I freeze these delicious Crumbl birthday cake cookies?
You sure can.
Place them on a cookie sheet or any flat surface and flash freeze in a single layer until solid then transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Make sure that you are separating each layer with wax paper or parchment paper so they don’t stick.
To thaw, pull them out of the freezer, place them on a flat surface, and allow them to soften at room temperature for a few hours.
How to make mini catering-size patriotic crumbl cookies?
These are the perfect cookies to make for parties, so making smaller cookies instead of large ones just makes sense.
Instead of making 6 cookies, you can make 12 smaller ones and bake them for 8 minutes instead of 10-11. Decorate then as you would the larger ones.
Crumbl patriotic birthday cake cookies
Crumbl patriotic birthday cake cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement pape and set aside.
- Cream the butter, oil, sugar, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer.½ cup butter, ¼ cup oil
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and cake batter extract to the creamed butter mixture and mix until combined.½ cup Imperial granulated sugar, ¼ tablespoon Imperial Sugar powdered sugar, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon cake batter extract
- Add the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder and mix until combined, using a large cookie scoop (¼ cup- 4 tbsp), scoop out 9 equally sized cookie balls, place on the prepared baking sheet then using your hand flatten to about ½ inch in thickness.2 & ¼ cup flour, ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Bake for 9-10 minutes then cool on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack fully before frosting. Don't worry if the cookies look underbaked, they will continue baking as they cool.
Make the frosting
- In a large bowl or in a stand mixer bowl using a paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix well combined.4 tablespoon butter, 5 oz cream cheese, 1 & ½ cup Imperial Sugar powdered sugar, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with a large round tip and frost each cooled-down cookie then top with patriotic sprinklesPatriotic sprinkles
- Make sure to use room temperature ingredients for this recipe– Room temperature ingredients are crucial for these cookies because that will affect how your cookies flatten out once you smash them!
- Don’t flatten your cookies too much- When you smash your cookies, you want them to be at about ⅓-1/2 inch flat, nothing less. This will keep them super soft and melt in your mouth in the center!
- Let your cookie cool fully before topping them with the frosting- Make sure that your cookies are fully cooled down before frosting or the frosting will melt and you will end up with a soupy mess and not so pretty cookies!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!