The Crumbl birthday cake cookies are the ultimate frosted cake batter cookie. Think of a funfetti cake, AKA your favorite childhood cake but in cookie form with the best cream cheese frosting ever! MAGIC!
This post is sponsored by my friends over at Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
This is the best Crumbl birthday cake cookie recipe ever!
There are a few flavors that will take you back to childhood in an instant, and this Crumbl birthday cake cookie is one of them.
It is made with a thick cake batter flavored sprinkles sugar cookies, then topped with a smooth and creamy homemade cream cheese frosting. It is then finished with as much or as little sprinkles on top as your heart desires. These cookies are very quick to make and will be
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These cookies are perfect for Funfetti lovers.
- Don’t want to go through the hassle of making a whole Funfetti cake, make these easy frosted birthday cake instead.
- They are thick, soft and chewy.
- These cookies require no chilling.
- You can add as much or as little sprinkles as you want to make your heart happy.
- These cookies can be made by hand, using a hand mixer, or a stand mixer.
- No need to wait months until Crumbl releases this flavor in store to be able to enjoy it. With this recipe you can have it anytime!
Ingredients for this Crumbl birthday cake cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this frosted funfetti cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for the cookie base, but opt for unsalted butter for the frosting.
- Imperial granulated sugar & powdered sugar– The combination of both of these high quality sugars will make the sugar cookie base soft, moist, and chewy.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent in this recipe, make sure to use an egg at room temperature.
- Cake batter extract– Since we are going for a birthday cake cookie, the cak ebatter extract will help mimic that flavor. You can find cake batter extract at your local grocery store or online.
- Flour– You will need AP flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder– The baking powder is the leavening agent for these cookies, it will help give them a little extra height.
- Salt– To balance out the sweetness of these cookies.
- Sprinkles– Can’t have funfetti cookies or birthday cake cookies without the sprinkles
- Cream cheese– Use room temperature cream cheese to make the frosting.
- Heavy cream– The heavy cream will be used to thin out the frosting if needed.
Why Imperial Sugar?
Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens for years now. As a matter of fact, it is the sugar that I’ve used for many years to create the recipes that I have shared with you here on the blog. Imperial Sugar is a high-quality 100% pure care sugar, It is non-GMO, and it will result in the best most delicious sweet treats ever!
How to make Crumbl birthday bake cookies?
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar together until creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and cake batter extract and mix to combine.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Mix in the sprinkles, as much or as little as you want.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, and bake them in the preheated oven.
Make the Cake batter frosting while the cookies are cooling down.
- Cream the buttre and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, cake batter flavoring and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Frost the cookies with a piping bag and a large round tip or a ziplock bag with the tip cut off.
- Top with extra sprinkles and enjoy!
More recipes you’ll love
- Frosted Crumbl Caramel Pumpkin Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Crumbl Cookie Dough Cookies with Ice Cream Frosting
- Stuffed CRUMBL Hazelnut Churro cookies copycat
- Crumbl Buckeye Brownie Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Copycat chewy Crumbl Dulce de leche cookies
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Crumbl birthday cake cookies?
These Birthday cake cookies can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Make sure to pull them out of the fridge and let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them.
What kind of sprinkles should I use for these cookies?
When it comes to funfetti cookies, you want to use Jimmies not the other type of sprinkles. If you don’t know what jimmies are, you can check out this article breaking down all the types of sprinkles.
Jimmies are the long rod shapes multi-colored confectioneries. They are often used to decorate ice cream but can also be used in baking.
for this recipe, you can use any rainbow jimmies/sprinkles, Just make sure to not overmix once you add them in so they don’t break or seep their color into the dough.
Help, my cake batter extract made my frosting yellow!
Some cake batter extracts can be a little on the yellow-ish side which in turn will turn your frosting yellow. If you don’t mind that you can skip this but if that’s not something you’re looking for, you can always add a tiny bit of violet food coloring (a little goes a long way trust me!) and whip the frosting again.
The violet color will tone down the yellow and make the frosting a lot lighter. So if you run into this issue you’ll know what to do!
Crumbl birthday cake cookies
If you made these Crumbl birthday cake cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl Birthday Cake Cookies
Birthday cake cookies
Make the birthday cake cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the egg, cake batter extract, and vanilla extract and until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt until the flour mixture disappears. Don't overmix your dough. Then using a large cookie scooper scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten them to about 1 inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 11 minutes, then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
Make the birthday cake frosting.
- In a stand mixer bowl or a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and cake batter extract and whip for 3-5 minutes or until fluffy.
- If your cake batter extract has a yellow tint to it, you can add a very small amount of violet food coloring and whip it again to make the frosting less yellow.
- Place the frosting in a piping bag with a large round piping tip or in a ziplock bag with the tip cut off and frost each cooled-down cookie. Sprinkle with extra sprinkles and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!