These crumbl carrot cake cookies are lightly spiced with cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and loved then topped with a smooth homemade cream cheese frosting. The perfect holiday cookie anytime!
Love Crumbl cookies? You need to try these, Crumbl pecan pie cookies, The Best Crumbl Apple Pie Cookies with Oats, Crumbl Mom’s recipe cookies/ Soft Oatmeal cookies and The softest Crumbl Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I started getting requests to make the Crumbl carrot cake cookie at the beginning of this year but I had to wait this long for them to release it again so that I can try it. Once I tried it though… I was ready to go. It was go-time, and I knew I’d have to make these cookies for Thanksgiving week because they are the best little desserts
They had this unique texture that wasn’t quite cakey but wasn’t like the other cookies either and I think we were able to make it happen.
This is the best carrot cake cookies recipe
When you think carrot cake, you obviously think cream cheese frosting too and this one cookie encompasses that whole experience minute the pineapples and nuts in the cookie base.
You will still get your fix of nuts though because each cookie is topped with just the right amount of pecans. It is always fun to try and get some nuts in each bite
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is the perfect holiday cookie recipe.
- This recipe is easy enough to make with kids.
- These cookies are topped with just the right amount of nuts.
- You can make these cookies for both Christmas and Thanksgiving but also for easter!
- You can now have this anytime during the year instead of waiting months for it to comeback in stores.
Ingredients for this Carrot cake cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this frosted carrot cake cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- Brown & granulated sugar– This cookie recipe uses both brown and granulated sugar.
- Carrots– We will need some freshly shredded carrots for these carrot cake cookies.
- Vanilla– The vanilla will add a nice depth of flavor to the cookies as well as tje frosting.
- Egg yolk – This recipe needs one yolk as the binding agent.
- Heavy cream- The heavy cream is also used to add extra fat to the cookie recipe and make it more soft.
- Cinnamon, all spice, ginger cloves– These are the waming spices used to flavor our carrot cake cookies.
- Baking powder, baking soda– These are the leavening agents that will give some height to the cookies.
- Salt– The salt will help balance out the sweetness of the cookies.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Cream cheese– You will need full fat cream cheese to make the smoothest cream cheese frosting.
- Powdered sugar– The powdered sugar is used to sweet the cream cheese frosting.
- Pecans– The pecans are used to top the cookies with after frosting.
How to make Crumbl carrot cake cookies
This is how you can make these cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and both sugar together.
- Mix the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla in until smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop out the cookie dough, place on the baking sheet, gently flatten and bake.
- Let the cookies cool down then frost.
Make the cream cheese frosting.
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together.
- Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until creamy.
- Frost each cookie with a round tip and decorate with pecans
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these Crumbl carrot cake cookies
These carrot cake cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Just make sure to let the cookies get back to room temperature before enjoying them.
Can I freeze Carrot cake cookies?
Yes! You can freeze these cookies in a single later for an hour or until solid then stack them in an air-tight container making sure to separate each cookie with parchment paper or water paper to keep them from sticking to each other.
Pull them out to thaw in the fridge overnight then get them back down to room temp to enjoy!
How to make catering Crumbl carrot cake cookies?
To make catering size Crumbl cookies you can make 16 cookies instead of the regular 8 large cookies. Instead of baking those in the oven for 12 minutes, you will have to bake them for 9 minutes instead. Frost and decorate the say you would larger ones.
Crumbl carrot cake cookies
If you made these Crumbl carrot cake cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl carrot cake cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup carrots shredded
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 yolk
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream at room temperature
- 1 & ¾ cup AP flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- pinch cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Cream cheese frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoon butter salted or unsalted, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Pecans for topping
Make the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth and creamy.½ cup butter, ⅓ cup granulated sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar
- Mix in the shredded carrots, vanilla extract, egg yolk, and heavy cream until smooth.½ cup carrots, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 yolk, 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- Add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves, and salt and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.1 & ¾ cup AP flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon allspice, ¼ teaspoon ginger, pinch cloves, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Scoop out 8 equal cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet, gently flatten to about ¾-1 inch in thickness and bake for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Make the cream cheese frosting
- In a stand mixer cream the cream cheese and the butter with a whisk attachement until smooth and combined.4 oz cream cheese, 3 tablespoon butter
- Mix in the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar and mix for 4-5 minutes or until light and creamy.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Frost the cookie with a round tip then top with the chopped-up pecans and enjoy!Pecans
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Hands down, BEST cookies EVER!! I’m a foodie that makes gourmet meals all the time. Always searching for the next great recipe. This one is a winner! I omitted allspice & clove (preference), so impressive.
Thank you so much! I’m glad you liked the recipe!😁
Turned out amazing! The mild spices mixed with the cream cheese frosting were a hit! My batter was a tad moist so I ended up adding a little extra flour to get the perfect consistency💕
Sweet and chewy. I loved the tart cream cheese frosting and the crunch of walnuts on top! Very good, though I wish there was an extra bite – maybe pineapple or raisins – I will add next time perhaps. Family liked it a lot.