Sometimes a single serve chocolate chip cookie is all you need to get those late-night cravings in control again. This recipe is the best part about small-batch baking, quick and easy, and with minimal effort!
Chocolate chip cookies have my heart but now single serving chocolate chip cookies that’s a different story! It’s one of those extremely comforting things that you can whip up whenever that intense craving hits. Hello PMS for all my ladies! With minimal effort and maximum satisfaction, this single serve cookie recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
The craziest part is that when I made this one, it had a hint of Levain Bakery cookie flavor which I don’t think anyone will be mad at.
This is the best single serve chocolate chip cookie recipe ever!
So now instead of making an entire batch of cookies, you can make a single serve one that you can either enjoy alone, have later or enjoy wi
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is the perfect single-serve chocolate chip cookie ever!
- This recipe is made with a few simple ingredients that you probably already have at home.
- If you love thick cookies then this one is for you, it is thick, chewy, and packed with chocolate chips.
- No more having to finish old stale cookies because with this recipe you will have a fresh and warm chocolate chip cookie every time!
Ingredients for small batch cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this chocolate chip cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe as long as it is softened.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar- This recipe uses a mixture of sugars to get that consistency just right.
- Egg- Use an egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will add some extra depth of flavor to this recipe.
- Flour- All-purpose flour works great for these cookies.
- Salt- Always use a little bit of salt in your baked goods
- Baking soda- The baking soda will act as our leavening agent.
- Chocolate chips– Use good quality chocolate chips for this recipe for the best flavor ever.
How to make this single-serve chocolate chip cookie
This is how you can make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and mix.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Mix in the mini chocoalte chips.
- Put the cookie dough ball on parchment-lined baking sheet, top with more chocolate chips, and bake in the oven.
- Let it cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then add some sea salt on top of the cookie and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this chocolate chip cookie for later?
Since this recipe doesn’t make a huge batch, you might not have any leftovers but just in case you do, you can store it in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Once you’re ready to enjoy it, eat it as is with a tall glass of milk or pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it all ooey gooey again.
Can I use different mix-ins in my cookie?
Absolutely! Here are a few ideas that you can pick from when making this recipe:
- chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips
- Use dark chocolate chips or even milk chocolate chips
- Nuts think walnuts, pecans, or even hazelnuts mixed in will make this even richer.
- Use white chocolate chips and dried cranberries for an easy festive cookie for one.
- Add white chocolate chips and some sprinkles for a fun birthday cake cookie twist. If you’re feeling adventurous add a tiny bit of cake batter flavoring as well to get that ultimate B-day cake flavor.
My cookie turned out flat, what did I do wrong?
There are a few things that can lead to your cookie being flat.
The first thing is your butter. If it is too soft then the cookie might spread too much in the oven.
The second issue could be that you flattened the cookie dough too much when you placed it on your baking sheet before baking. We want a big mound of cookie dough so that once it bakes, it doesn’t become too thin.
Can I freeze this single-serve chocolate chip cookie?
If you want to freeze the whole cookie or maybe leftovers for later, wrap with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil for up to 2 months. Once you’re ready to enjoy, thaw in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for a few hours and enjoy!
I like to microwave this single serving cookie to get it all ooey gooey again.
Single-serve chocolate chip cookie recipe
Be aware that this recipe yields one giant cookie instead of a whole batch of cookies. But since it is large you can still split it with one other person!
Single serve chocolate chip cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and the egg yolk and mix to combine.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until the flour mixture disappears. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet, top with more chocolate chips if you'd like, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before enjoying!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!