This peppermint white chocolate mocha recipe is exactly what you need and is the perfect way to get ready for the holiday season! Luscious and creamy white chocolate go perfectly with the peppermint flavor to turn your coffee into a fun and festive treat!
The best thing about this drink is that you can have it hot, iced, blended, or decaf to be able to fit whatever you’re feeling that day. Enjoy the best time of year and get into the holiday spirit with this easy white chocolate mocha recipe!
Ingredients to Make This Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Peppermint Extract: Peppermint extract is used to give this coffee its delicious peppermint flavor and adds a little extra sweetness.
- White Chocolate Sauce: White chocolate syrup gives this drink a decadent white chocolate flavor that pairs specifically well with the peppermint.
- Milk: The creaminess of whole milk helps the coffee have a better texture as well as balancing out the natural acidity and bitterness the coffee has. Feel free to use your desired milk of choice.
- Espresso Shots: A good strong coffee is the base of your white chocolate peppermint mocha. Two shots of espresso will be what is used for this recipe, but you can substitute with whatever form of coffee you like.
- (Optional) Whipped cream: Top your mocha with whipped cream to get the full experience.
- (Optional) Crushed Peppermint Candies: For garnish.
How To Make This Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions.
- In a glass, pour in the white chocolate sauce and peppermint extract.
- Brew 2 shots of espresso and then pour it over the chocolate and peppermint. Stir to combine.
- Heat the milk on the stove or microwave until it is hot but not boiling. If you have a milk frother, you can froth the milk for an aerated, creamier texture.
- Pour the steamed milk into the coffee mixture. Taste and adjust the white chocolate sauce or peppermint extract. Once satisfied, top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes and enjoy!
Why You Need to Make This Recipe
- Save time by skipping a trip to the coffee shops and make this delicious recipe at home.
- It requires just a few simple ingredients and is easy for all experience levels.
- Buy the ingredients from the grocery store and make this drink for a fraction of the cost.
- Fully customizing it to your liking by adding or removing any ingredient for no additional cost!
Ingredient Substitutions You Can Make
Sometimes you just don’t have exactly what’s needed and that’s ok, we got you covered with a list of how to substitute any of the ingredients.
- Milk: For an even creamier drink, use heavy cream or half-and-half instead of milk. You could use non-fat milk for less calories. Or if you want to get rid of the dairy completely, you could use a plant-based option such as oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk.
- Coffee: Instead of espresso, regular brew or cold brew coffee will work to create a white chocolate peppermint coffee drink. Use instant coffee for the ease and convenience and to save time. You could also use decaffeinated coffee to be able to enjoy this drink any time of the day!
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to Store the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha?
To store your coffee, pour the whole thing into an airtight container such as a mason jar. You’ll need to put it in the fridge since it has milk. It should last for about 3 days.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
Since this is a coffee drink, and espresso uses its potency it is better to make it before you are ready to enjoy it. The flavor will be better and your drink will still have that caffeine kick to keep you going all day.
Which White Chocolate Sauce Should I Use?
You can use a store bought one like this Monin white chocolate sauce (You can use code CHAHINEZ for $$ on their site) or you can make a homemade version by following this delicious Starbucks copycat white chocolate sauce recipe.
How to Make This a Blended or Iced Coffee Mocha
You can easily turn this into an iced or blended latte if you’re craving the peppermint flavor during the summer months. All you would need to do is put ice cubes in the cup first prior to adding any other ingredients and make sure to use cold milk and freshly brewed espresso.
For a blended version, do the same thing as above and throw it all in the blender and pulse for 15-30 seconds. Add about ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum if you have that to emulsify the ingredients and create an airier drink.
Could I Substitute Peppermint Syrup for the Peppermint Extract?
Yes, you can! Start off with 1-2 pumps then taste and adjust from there. Peppermint extract is a little bit stronger than peppermint syrup, so you’ll probably need a little bit more syrup than the extract used here.
The Best Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Recipe
Peppermint white chocolate mocha recipe
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup milk whole milk, 2%, or your preferred milk
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate sauce add more for a sweeter drink.
- 3-4 drops peppermint extract adjust to taste
- Whipped cream for topping
- Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes for garnish optional
- Brew 2 shots of espresso into a glass mug full of white chocolate sauce and peppermint extract. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan or using a milk frother, heat the milk until it is hot but not boiling. If you have a frother, you can froth the milk for a creamier texture.
- Pour the steamed milk into the espresso white chocolate mixture, taste, and adjust the white chocolate sauce or peppermint extract. Once satisfied, top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
- Your Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha is now ready to be enjoyed! Stir the drink before sipping to ensure an even distribution of flavors.