This Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake copycat recipe is a delicious dupe to the seasonal Chick-fil-A milkshake. This one is creamy, refreshing, and packed with peppermint and chocolate flavors. The whole thing is topped off with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry. It’s truly Christmas in a milkshake! Try it out and let me know what you think.
Since you are here and love Chick-fil-a copycat recipes, check out this Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade Recipe, this Chick-fil-A Mocha Cold Brew Coffee Recipe, or even pair your peppermint chip shake with this Copycat Chick Fil A Cookies Recipe.
If you’re like me and you love the Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake, then you know that they only serve it for a limited time during the holiday season.
But what happens if you have a craving for it that needs to be satisfied? You can’t be expected to wait 9 months every year just to have that delicious peppermint shake again.
That is why I felt the urge to create this copycat Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake recipe so that fans everywhere can enjoy the classic holiday flavor of peppermint bark year-round!
Why You Need to Make This Recipe
- This sweet treat is the perfect thing to get you into the Christmas spirit and could easily become a part of your holiday traditions.
- Save time by skipping a trip to your local Chick-fil-a and make this delicious treat at home.
- Buy your ingredients in bulk at the grocery store and make each shake for a fraction of the cost.
- Fresh ingredients taste way better than a milkshake made in stores where you don’t exactly know what’s in it.
- It only requires a few simple ingredients to create this iconic holiday treat.
Ingredients for This Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Every great milkshake is essentially just drinkable ice cream, so of course we had to include some.
- Whole Milk: Whole milk or 2% milk is great for helping to liquefy the ice cream to give it the perfect milkshake consistency. You could also use almond milk or coconut milk.
- Peppermint Extract: We will be using pure peppermint extract for the peppermint flavor in this recipe. You could use peppermint syrup, however, just be aware that syrup has sugar and will add excess sweetness that might not be needed.
- Crushed Peppermint Candies: Crushed chips of peppermint bark provide a very fun crunchy texture and is a special treat to your taste buds.
- Chocolate Chips (Optional): If you’re a mint chocolate fan, definitely add some chocolate chips to the mix to create a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake. White chocolate chips work great as well. If you just like the festive peppermint on its own, you can absolutely leave out the chocolate.
- Red Food Coloring (Optional): Add a couple of drops of artificial color if you want just to add a nice hue to the shake.
- Whipped Cream: There’s no better topping for your favorite shake than whipped cream.
- Maraschino Cherries: For garnish.
How to Make This Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the full step-by-step instructions!
- Crush up your peppermint candy.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a blender except for the toppings.
- Blend the mixture until it’s smooth and all the ingredients are well combined. You can adjust the milk to achieve your desired milkshake consistency.
- Taste the milkshake and adjust the amount of peppermint extract and crushed candies.
- Pour it into a tall glass once your shake is ready.
- Top the milkshake with a generous dollop or swirl of whipped cream.
- Garnish with additional crushed peppermint candies and a maraschino cherry on top.
- Add a colorful straw and enjoy your homemade peppermint milkshake!
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to Store the Chick-fil-A Peppermint Milkshake
A milkshake should hold its consistency in the fridge for a few hours. If you’re planning on saving it for the next day, you should put it in the freezer and then blend it again in a blender to revive it back to the perfect consistency.
What should I top my Chick-fil-A shake with?
I tried to stay true to the Chick-fil-A milkshake and only topped it with whipped cream and a marraschino cherry on top but there are so many other options. Some of my favorites are:
- Crushed candy cane peppermint candies.
- Mini chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- A drizzle of chocolate syrup
How long will my peppermint milkshake last?
This recipe is best made and enjoyed immediately after. Since it has ice cream, you run the risk of having a melted liquidy drink the longer it sits.
So the best tip that I can give you is to make it right before you want to enjoy it. The best part is that it is super easy to throw together in a blender and will only take a few minutes to be ready.
What is a good blender to make the Chik-Fil-A peppermint milkshake?
I love my Vitamix high-speed blender. It blends everything so well and so smoothly. Yes, it might be a tad bit on the pricier side but it also is so useful not only for making smoothies but for so much more.
I also love my single-serve Zwilling blender cup. It won’t be able to fit this whole recipe but if you half it, it is the perfect blender for that.
Why is my milkshake lumpy?
This will depend on what lumps you are talking about. IF you are talking about the small chunks of chocolate then a little more blending should do the trick.
You might also notice that the ice cream is still chunky in your milkshake mixture and that can be caused by icy ice cream. No need to worry though, all you’d have to do is blend it some more again and you’ll have a smooth and delicious milkshake.
What can I serve my Chick-fil-A peppermint milkshake in?
Honestly, this totally depends on you!
You can serve it in those tall iconic milkshake glasses for a showstopping drink. You could also just use regular glasses or even mason jars. There is no wrong answer here.
Pro tip- Chill your glasses in the freezer before you make your milkshake so that it stays cold, thick, and creamy for longer.
Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake Copycat Recipe
Chick Fil A Peppermint Milkshake
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup milk whole or 2% for creamier results
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract adjust to taste
- ⅓ cup crushed peppermint candies plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring optional, for a pinkish color
- Whipped cream for topping
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a blender, combine the vanilla ice cream, milk, peppermint extract, crushed peppermint candies (roughly crushed if using a high-speed blender), chocolate chips, and red food coloring (if using).
- Blend the mixture until it's smooth and all the ingredients are well combined. You can adjust the milk or ice cream to achieve your desired milkshake consistency.
- Taste the milkshake and adjust the amount of peppermint extract and crushed candies to your liking. Some people prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, while others like it milder.
- Pour the milkshakes into your serving glasses, top them with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry and enjoy.